• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Thoughts

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the White Sox played a game and nobody saw it - did they really play?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mercedes down to AAA with Zack Collins.

You have wonder what the Sox's plans are with Yermin Mercedes as he doesn't get the Sept call up and now is shuttled off to AAA again with Collins who has to continue to work on his catching skills.

The humane thing in this situation - in a normal year - is for the Sox to trade McCann before the deadline and hope Mercedes is the next EE.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You have wonder what the Sox's plans are with Yermin Mercedes as he doesn't get the Sept call up and now is shuttled off to AAA again with Collins who has to continue to work on his catching skills.

The humane thing in this situation - in a normal year - is for the Sox to trade McCann before the deadline and hope Mercedes is the next EE.
based on 21 ab's in spring training? trade last year's all star for someone with no major league experience? and hope? hmmmm. yeah. sounds like a kenny williams plan to me.

and btw .... collins HAS no catching skills!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
based on 21 ab's in spring training? trade last year's all star for someone with no major league experience? and hope? hmmmm. yeah. sounds like a kenny williams plan to me.

and btw .... collins HAS no catching skills!

You need to get back to work - you're responding to my delusions quicker (and more sarcastically) than usual. :)

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's probably the only time McCann will have legitimate trade value as a potential starter for his entire career as a big leaguer. I don't think the minimal AB's he will see as a backup catcher will diminish that too much.

I would do it for a legitimate bullpen piece or prospect. Someone in the mix is usually looking for a catcher around the deadline.

He went back to slashing his usual .226/.281/.413 in the 2nd half last season. We all should know how this ends. McCann was a good story but it was a total fluke.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's probably the only time McCann will have legitimate trade value as a potential starter for his entire career as a big leaguer. I don't think the minimal AB's he will see as a backup catcher will diminish that too much.

I would do it for a legitimate bullpen piece or prospect. Someone in the mix is usually looking for a catcher around the deadline.

He went back to slashing his usual .226/.281/.413 in the 2nd half last season. We all should know how this ends. McCann was a good story but it was a total fluke.
how does that compare to yasmani's .229/.388/.398? you're the total fluke.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was in pa. now we're with my daughter in md. until our house if completed in va. which should be around the beginning of june.

I know this area well since my sparkling Vietnam service at Fort Myer VA. Plus I'm one of those geezers who suck up civil and revolutionary war history. Good luck with your new house and enjoy!

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how does that compare to yasmani's .229/.388/.398? you're the total fluke.

Did you just actually call a .388 OBP bad? Not to mention just under an .800 OPS for a catcher? Holy shit.

Grandal has the highest wOBA, WAR and the majority of all major numbers among catchers. Including being towards the top or #1 in many defensive metrics. So, you stoop to trying to say that a slash line with a .388 OBP and OPS just under .800 is bad for a catcher? The OBP was probably #1 among catchers in the 2nd half and the OPS was probably towards the top as well.

That's all you can say? If that isn't evidence that you, sir, are talking out of your ass? What on Earth could be?

Not to mention, that slash line for McCann is in-line with his ENTIRE CAREER. Yet, you think one insane BABIP inflated half of a season means something? Despite the fact that he went RIGHT back to the horrible 0 WAR output that he posted the entire time he was in Detroit?

This is too easy. You're fun.

Last edited:

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we've been over this time and time again. remember? about catchers? why not compare him to pitchers hitting stats? he'd look real good then.
the sox didn't get him because of his hitting! got that yet? your only claim to his being special and worth all that money is "framing"! that's IT!

you just don't ... and won't get it. and i'll not go over the same stupid old ground you seem to insist on harping about. it's only easy for you because you're too stupid to understand anything.