• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Thoughts

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feels better to win then lose even for us draft dorks.

OL played very well today.. Kudos to The 3 injury replacements . Scholottman, Jake Rodgers and Patrick Morris filled in great. Rodgers has been off and on practice squads for 3 years. A guy I remember interviewing when he was in the draft. Wasn't sure he would ever make it, he finally got his first NFL Snaps in what seemed like a long wait for him that at one time looked bleak. He answered the call.

Dre'Mont Jones is getting better and better each week.

Pretty darn happy with our first 4 picks in the draft this year (Fant, Risner, Lock and Jones)

Trey Marshall pretty fairly well in his first NFL start.

DaeSean Hamilton had his best game of the year. Nice to see us stay patient with him. No need not to be with our current WR situation. He is the most talented outside Sutton on our roster. Just hasn't answered the bell this year. Hopefully this game gives him some confidence.

Andrew Beck is a player I think we can really count on next year. He is looking like our second best TE on the roster. I feel pretty confident at TE next year with Fant, Beck, one more year of Heuerman? and Fumagalli while not great has had some moments this year. and continues to grow.. Jake Butt is probably done here, but not sure we will be searching for a TE this offseason for the first time in a long time. We have our starter and we hae built some depth there. Herueman has one more year left and probably sticks around as a blocking TE who can catch a pass or two (but not much more ;)) Beck is taking more and more snaps away from him each week.

Elijah Wilkinson is really an OG, IMO. I know I have said it before but this game proved it to me even more.

Most important. Drew Lock continues to grow. Is well respected by his teammates, has fun and gives us some fire at QB that we haven't had for 4 years. He has fun out there and it rubs off on others. You can tell he has really started to gain respect and people around him are enjoying being part of this team more. Seems like we have had some slug bug personalities at QB since Manning left.

Always was an above average fan of Lock in college, but I am really believing in this kid more and more to the full extent.

I know a lot of people want the high draft pick, but I think it is important with our young QB that we finish this year strong and on a positive note going into the off-season. If Flacco was still our QB I would be fine with losing, but with Lock in there we can't be rooting to lose to teams like the Lions and the Raiders to end the season. These last few games will go a long ways into next year. People are starting to believe a bit.. Still got a long ways to go, but winning now will help with the off-season. Just think of it has missing out on a bust for a treasure a few picks later. ;)

Sorry, wrote this up quick. Might be a little sloppy (Sorry Mingo) Gotta hit the pillow!!!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great post @Draft Crazy. I don't even have a nit to pick.

All the offense needs now is better Olinemen.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long overdue due Spencer has been as good at his position as anyone.

what a great pickup

finally feels like the team will have a identity on both sides of the ball heading into 2020

wonder where Denver will spend its free agent $$$.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need 9-10 games of Lock to know what we have.

Jacoby Brissett and Kyle Allen come to mind.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feels better to win then lose even for us draft dorks.

OL played very well today.. Kudos to The 3 injury replacements . Scholottman, Jake Rodgers and Patrick Morris filled in great. Rodgers has been off and on practice squads for 3 years. A guy I remember interviewing when he was in the draft. Wasn't sure he would ever make it, he finally got his first NFL Snaps in what seemed like a long wait for him that at one time looked bleak. He answered the call.

Dre'Mont Jones is getting better and better each week.

Pretty darn happy with our first 4 picks in the draft this year (Fant, Risner, Lock and Jones)

Trey Marshall pretty fairly well in his first NFL start.

DaeSean Hamilton had his best game of the year. Nice to see us stay patient with him. No need not to be with our current WR situation. He is the most talented outside Sutton on our roster. Just hasn't answered the bell this year. Hopefully this game gives him some confidence.

Andrew Beck is a player I think we can really count on next year. He is looking like our second best TE on the roster. I feel pretty confident at TE next year with Fant, Beck, one more year of Heuerman? and Fumagalli while not great has had some moments this year. and continues to grow.. Jake Butt is probably done here, but not sure we will be searching for a TE this offseason for the first time in a long time. We have our starter and we hae built some depth there. Herueman has one more year left and probably sticks around as a blocking TE who can catch a pass or two (but not much more ;)) Beck is taking more and more snaps away from him each week.

Elijah Wilkinson is really an OG, IMO. I know I have said it before but this game proved it to me even more.

Most important. Drew Lock continues to grow. Is well respected by his teammates, has fun and gives us some fire at QB that we haven't had for 4 years. He has fun out there and it rubs off on others. You can tell he has really started to gain respect and people around him are enjoying being part of this team more. Seems like we have had some slug bug personalities at QB since Manning left.

Always was an above average fan of Lock in college, but I am really believing in this kid more and more to the full extent.

I know a lot of people want the high draft pick, but I think it is important with our young QB that we finish this year strong and on a positive note going into the off-season. If Flacco was still our QB I would be fine with losing, but with Lock in there we can't be rooting to lose to teams like the Lions and the Raiders to end the season. These last few games will go a long ways into next year. People are starting to believe a bit.. Still got a long ways to go, but winning now will help with the off-season. Just think of it has missing out on a bust for a treasure a few picks later. ;)

Sorry, wrote this up quick. Might be a little sloppy (Sorry Mingo) Gotta hit the pillow!!!

Giving Hamilton that shovel pass was a great play call to build the kid's confidence.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 straight scoring drives. Best since then was only 2 straight.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giving Hamilton that shovel pass was a great play call to build the kid's confidence.
Earlier in that drive was a great 4th down call as well with the FB playing the option. I think people just might change their mind on our OC now that he has a more mobile QB - opens up a lot more creative possibilities.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need 9-10 games of Lock to know what we have.

Jacoby Brissett and Kyle Allen come to mind.

This is true but keep in mind the excitement about Lock isn’t based on the expectation he’s leading the Broncos to 5 straight Super Bowls beginning next year. It’s based on how much better he’s looked than any QB we’ve had since Manning and he’s just getting started.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our staff is fired up about lock for a reason he is a real QB with the personality as well. We have our QB baring injuries.

Our number one priority is WR and OL going into the draft.

We really only need one WR in the draft and IMO could skip that if we wanted. but IMO the right WR would make us might hard to stop. Speed.

What did everyone think about RPO

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hamilton has his best day as a pro. If he can build on that another WR becomes less of a need. Oline depth is for sure a concern and McGovern is a free agent.

My concern has gone to the defense. We have several guys that are set to hit the market. Chris Harris can’t be counted on to return. I read some where that Wolfe would like a 3 year deal. Not sure what Shelby Harris will be looking for. Simmons is going to get some dollars.

It is going to be an interesting offseason. Hopefully no big splash in free agency unless it is keeping some of our own guys.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am beginning to wonder if the Broncos May flip the script and field a better offense than defense next year. It’ll depend on who they bring back. In my opinion the front end of that defense and guys like Wolfe and Harris have to be the priority over guys like CHJ.

Simmons has to be the priority in the secondary.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hamilton has his best day as a pro. If he can build on that another WR becomes less of a need. Oline depth is for sure a concern and McGovern is a free agent.

My concern has gone to the defense. We have several guys that are set to hit the market. Chris Harris can’t be counted on to return. I read some where that Wolfe would like a 3 year deal. Not sure what Shelby Harris will be looking for. Simmons is going to get some dollars.

It is going to be an interesting offseason. Hopefully, no big splash in free agency unless it is keeping some of our own guys.

We have $85 million I agree to spend it on our players! Stop going after other teams players. The Draft is where it is at.

This staff has shown they can Develop other teams castaways this is going to be fun being Broncos fans rather soon! I cannot wait!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody ought to be fired for not being able to find a punter for the Broncos. I have to just say WTF! I'll take the Lions' punter any day.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be nice. SoringStein just purchased a Wadman jersey.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody ought to be fired for not being able to find a punter for the Broncos. I have to just say WTF! I'll take the Lions' punter any day.
I think the ST coach is on thin ice and may be let go . Sounds like his coaching technique is trying to be specialty kicks instead of just booming in Mile High

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say Tom McMahin is the most likely coach to go this offseason.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which sucks because he was highly regarded when he came from the Colts.