• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Thoughts About the Team

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Why are Kovy and Parise still together? How long are we supposed to wait for them to click before we give up on the idea? Are we just waiting for Zajac to get back?

2. Larsson has looked like a rookie as of late. He needs to be smarter with the puck in our end, and too often he gets beat to the puck. Needs to stop gliding and start using his size.

3. Tallinder needs to be better. Last year he was arguably our best defender, now he makes a lot of rookieesque mistakes. Needs to get his head in the game.

4. Our PK is awesome. Our PP isn't as awful as it was and when they are clicking it is fun to watch. Just need to get consistent production from them and we will win a lot more games.

5. Elias, Clarkson, and Henrique have obviously been our best players, but Zubrus has quietly had a really good season so far.

6. I like Bryce Salvador.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I agree with everything

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not ready to split the ZHK line ATM. All of them are/were on point streaks. In fact, Kovy has been looking GREAT the last week. Henrique has been the super glue that binds them together.

Everything else I agree with. I think the PP has actually been looking WAY better the last month. The numbers will start to creep up. Our PK has been staggering.

Last edited by a moderator:

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I 'disagree' with would just be Larsson.

I thought his performance really dipped around the 15-20 game mark but has since settled in nicely. Yea he's still looking like a rookie but a good rookie.

The one thing we all need to remember being a rookie defenseman is notoriously tough. To do it at 19, impressive

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The only thing I 'disagree' with would just be Larsson.

I thought his performance really dipped around the 15-20 game mark but has since settled in nicely. Yea he's still looking like a rookie but a good rookie.

The one thing we all need to remember being a rookie defenseman is notoriously tough. To do it at 19, impressive

Larsson is learning on the fly, and we shouldn't expect anything different IMO. He does need to work on his skating a bit, he seems a step slow sometimes.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Perfect Larsson example at the end of the game. He was on the ice at the end of the game. Made a nice calm play to get the first clear in the sequence, but then was a little lost on the Stamkos goal, not totally lost, but a little.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont mind him learning on the fly just like I dont mind Kovy learning the PK on the fly. Its the best way IMO

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. He looks like a rookie but a rookie that I'm very content with

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I am one of those fans that is hoping Kovalchuk and Parise works. Tonight it did. Lately, its been better. Lets see if it continues.

Everything else I agree, but regarding Larsson, for the most part, I have been impressed. When he was drafted, I didnt even think he would start the season in the NHL. He logs heavy minutes, and I expected more mistakes than he has shown. He will be fine.

Zubrus gets a lot of hate from Devil fans. I think its because for some reason people thought we signed him to be a 40 goal scorer. Yea, I think he can do more. I still rememember that playoff series when he was on Buffalo and throwing ranger players around like rag dolls in the corners. Before he even was signed, I told my friends thats exactly who they need. Sometimes wish he played a more physical game. But solid season thus far.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding Kovy and Parise, while that line has been playing better, I think that has more to do with Henrique's play than those 2 clicking. I don't think they will ever gel the way people would like to envision. I think splitting those 2 up is more beneficial, both in their natural positions, one of them will be facing the number 2 pairing instead of number 1.

Larsson, I like where he is at so far. By no means am I saying he sucks or hasn't lived up to potential, I was merely commenting on what I would like to see him improve on in order to really round out his game and truly become the number 1 guy.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding Kovy and Parise, while that line has been playing better, I think that has more to do with Henrique's play than those 2 clicking. I don't think they will ever gel the way people would like to envision. I think splitting those 2 up is more beneficial, both in their natural positions, one of them will be facing the number 2 pairing instead of number 1.

Larsson, I like where he is at so far. By no means am I saying he sucks or hasn't lived up to potential, I was merely commenting on what I would like to see him improve on in order to really round out his game and truly become the number 1 guy.

Here's a better question. Upon zajacs return, and the eventual split of the henrique line, who goes where? Kovy w henrique, zach w zajac? Or the other way around?.

I'm kinda leaning toward zajac w Kovy, if it doesn't work you can easily flip it

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Henrique get bumped to the 3rd line or converted to wing? My guess would be Zajac will go with Kovy since Elias and Parise have had pretty good chemistry in the past. Sykora isn't moving off that line so who plays RW on the Kovy line? Can Henrique succeed at RW?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it possible they could completely top load with a line of Parise-Zajac-Kovy, then drop Henrique to 2nd line Elias-Henrique-Sykora? 3rd line of Tedenby-Zubrus-Clarkson? I actually might really like that.

DevFan60

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far Henrique by my surprise is our best player. Hopefully he will stay as good as he is as long as possible. I think he would fit with Elias/Sykora as well as he does with Parise & Kovy.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the ZHK line. Parise and Kovy are clicking more now than before. The way Parise plays is something that a Kovy or a Teds could make work. Parise knows how to get open and with Kovy, he can send a laser dead on to Parise for multiple breakaways or one timers... Perhaps further into the season with Zajac or not, those two will be serious trouble for opposing top lines.

I am a believer of the Kovy/Parise duo. At times i question why lay all our eggs in one basket but i think it will prove to be the right line. Need other guys stepping up to limit their minutes but like what i've seen thus far with them two. BTW Henrique ain't too bad!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it possible they could completely top load with a line of Parise-Zajac-Kovy, then drop Henrique to 2nd line Elias-Henrique-Sykora? 3rd line of Tedenby-Zubrus-Clarkson? I actually might really like that.

Zajac is top line material for me. No doubt.

IMO however, I think Zajac upgrades the Elias/Sykore line more so than Henrique or more so the Elias/Sykora line than the Kovy/Parise line.

Of course in PP or pressure cookers, zajac, parise n kovy easily.

Trying to bring balance in scoring with our offense.

I dont like the T/Z/C line... such an odd grouping for me.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Why are Kovy and Parise still together? How long are we supposed to wait for them to click before we give up on the idea? Are we just waiting for Zajac to get back?

2. Larsson has looked like a rookie as of late. He needs to be smarter with the puck in our end, and too often he gets beat to the puck. Needs to stop gliding and start using his size.

3. Tallinder needs to be better. Last year he was arguably our best defender, now he makes a lot of rookieesque mistakes. Needs to get his head in the game.

4. Our PK is awesome. Our PP isn't as awful as it was and when they are clicking it is fun to watch. Just need to get consistent production from them and we will win a lot more games.

5. Elias, Clarkson, and Henrique have obviously been our best players, but Zubrus has quietly had a really good season so far.

6. I like Bryce Salvador.

2. Agreed
3. Disagree, Tallinder has been great(from what i've been able to catch) on defense and his little puck carrying into the offensive zone
4. pray jeebus!
5.Clarkson, Elias(consistent), Henrique, Tallinder(yeah going with him) & Parise have been our best players IMO
6. Bryce is nyce.