• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Thoughts 2.0

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Bellinger guy on the Dodgers could teach Robert a thing or two about attempts to rob home runs...

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Bellinger guy on the Dodgers could teach Robert a thing or two about attempts to rob home runs...
That was some play. Robert can make that play - when he gets comfortable with playing the outfield fence - Eloy definitely needs help playing the outfield wall - too. I suspect experience will help both of them.

The Sox flipped the switch on home runs this year - and improved the Defense exponentially. It comes down to pitching. They need to sign some reliable arms - and challenge the young guys (Kopech, Dunning, Stievers, Cease, Lambert and Crochet) to pitch their way on the starting rotation. Then Lookout!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would anyone here trade Giolito and Robert for Adam Eaton and Chris Sale in their primes?

The White Sox kicked ass - in their roster depleting trades. The only problem is we fans got a 3 year jail sentence.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would anyone here trade Giolito and Robert for Adam Eaton and Chris Sale in their primes?

The White Sox kicked ass - in their roster depleting trades. The only problem is we fans got a 3 year jail sentence.
actually, it was a 7 year sentence and without those trades it would have been much worse.

giolito will never be as dominating as sale was in his prime tho i'm hoping he's healthier. and robert should be a LOT better than eaton ever was.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As these playoffs continue to advance, we're learning one valuable lesson. Pitching matters. Big time.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As these playoffs continue to advance, we're learning one valuable lesson. Pitching matters. Big time.
why do you think i was so angry when they only managed to pick up one decent pitcher during the off season? they had exactly ONE proven starter and even he only had one half good season under his belt. this is a lesson that everyone should have when they were 12.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why do you think i was so angry when they only managed to pick up one decent pitcher during the off season? they had exactly ONE proven starter and even he only had one half good season under his belt. this is a lesson that everyone should have when they were 12.
Well no doubt we have some young talent with serious potential, but potential and 25 cents still only equals two bits. The Sox need another proven veteran starter. I think it's essential for us to advance deep into any playoff scenarios.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sox need to extend Giolitto - and sign a new #3 veteran pitcher (or a #2) - I think the Sox can man starters 4 and 5 out of the pitching stock the team currently has.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sox need to extend Giolitto - and sign a new #3 veteran pitcher (or a #2) - I think the Sox can man starters 4 and 5 out of the pitching stock the team currently has.

1 reliable playoff-grizzled pitcher and a few odds and ends. That's really all we need. I mean, a stud RF would be nice, but I'm kinda fine with Engel/Mazara so long as we bring in a good coach, fill in the odds and ends reasonably and, as you say here, extend our mainstay players that need it.

I mean...If there ever was a moment to make a huge splash with a big signing at SP, you aren't going to find one more obvious.

A stud new manager would be the cherry on the top.

Get 'er done Jerry/Rick.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony La Russa - I respect his baseball career - and was very big on him during his White Sox career, but at 76 -I'd have to think this is a joke - Or Jerry wants to hear from Tony about who he thinks would be a good manager. Anyway, it is something for the Sox to do while they wait for the World Series to be over.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony La Russa - I respect his baseball career - and was very big on him during his White Sox career, but at 76 -I'd have to think this is a joke - Or Jerry wants to hear from Tony about who he thinks would be a good manager. Anyway, it is something for the Sox to do while they wait for the World Series to be over.
what is important is players won't easily bond with a guy who is 76. and why would they?
this would be a typical reinsdork move. too god damn stupid to think about the team first.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well - White Sox! Don't just go silent - it's not like you actually have a plan other than finding out what Jerry is going to decide to do.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well - White Sox! Don't just go silent - it's not like you actually have a plan other than finding out what Jerry is going to decide to do.
wouldn't you have assumed they had already picked someone out BEFORE letting ricky and don go?
i'm betting cora and hinch are too expensive and tony will be cheap. that's the kind of braintrust we have. (yes, i know 'braintrust' is a misnomer here).

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trevor Bauer likes one year deals - I think that does make it much more likely that Jerry will try hard to sign him. With the back log of young pitchers the Sox don't need long term deals for starters - just time to sort out who will be their future starters.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trevor Bauer likes one year deals - I think that does make it much more likely that Jerry will try hard to sign him. With the back log of young pitchers the Sox don't need long term deals for starters - just time to sort out who will be their future starters.
It's probably the biggest reason why I've felt that the Sox have a legit shot at signing him and why Jerry may be willing to open the checkbook a bit more. If for whatever reason Bauer finally decides he wants a multi-year deal, then I feel our chances will be reduced dramatically. Another one year option potential would be Charlie Morton. He's up there in years and in no way should be considered for anything beyond a single season. But he's a wily vet who should be able to give whichever team he ends up with a good 20+ starts. Tampa does carry a '21 option for $15 mil on him, so it's quite possible that I typed all this for nothing.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things that will be difficult to project:

1) Arbitration - if a player had good stats over the 60 game season - they will present cases as if those stats are projectable to the full 162 game schedule -and the teams will disagree.
2) It's going to be very hard to trade for minor leaguers or to use them for trades on MLB players since there was no minor league season and teams hid what was happening on their backup squards.
3) Next year's baseball revenue and CoVid

Giolito for instance is arbitration eligible this year - based on 60 games his stats would produce around a 2.3 million pay grade, but if extended to a 162 game season - his stats would project to over $5 million.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone have any thoughts, takes, predictions, wishes, yada yada, for the World Series starting tonite?

Mine is the Dodgers have the bats and overall depth, but the Rays have the pitching, both in the rotation and the pen. I generally prefer stronger pitching when it gets down to the nitty gritty, so I'm going with the Rays in 6. But I won't be the least bit bummed if the Dodgers win it. I had a bet with my brother at the start of the playoffs. I had the Dodgers taking it all, while the traitor picked the Twins. Dumbass. So I already won the bet based on the Dodgers advancing further, but I suppose it would be icing on the cake if they did take home the trophy.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodgers won't be denied this championship - Dodgers in 5.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3