• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he seems to lack concentration at the point of impact when catching the ball... speed, size and a good QB are nice components of being a good receiver, but I would question his route running ability

NOW I remember the knock on him: "no guts". You pretty much said the same thing but in a very tactful, politically correct way. :rollseyes:

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a thought watching the Skins-9ers game on MNF.

Much has been made about the friction between RG3 and coach Shanahan. And some wonder if Cutler is Trestman's type of QB going forward.

So what are the pros and cons (and even the likelihood) of a trade that would reunite Cutler with Shanahan in DC? Then of course, the Bears would have RG3. Thoughts?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Skins give up on RG3 after a great rookie season, and injury-recovered shitty sophomore season, after giving up all those picks, I'd be more than shocked. I say Shanny is out the door first.

obibyn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a thought watching the Skins-9ers game on MNF.

Much has been made about the friction between RG3 and coach Shanahan. And some wonder if Cutler is Trestman's type of QB going forward.

So what are the pros and cons (and even the likelihood) of a trade that would reunite Cutler with Shanahan in DC? Then of course, the Bears would have RG3. Thoughts?

Id say there is absolutely no chance. We would replace the Coach before we would replace RG3.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the leagues that I'm in is removing the K and D/ST positions and adding another QB and TE. So it will still be a 16-player roster, with 9 starters: 2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE.

Any advice on how to tackle the draft?

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the leagues that I'm in is removing the K and D/ST positions and adding another QB and TE. So it will still be a 16-player roster, with 9 starters: 2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE.

Any advice on how to tackle the draft?

Don't draft a K or D to start......................

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously though, never played in a 2 QB league before but I would say for sure you had better have a damn good QB1 and a very good QB 2.................I mean I don't think I'd go QB-QB but I would be sure one of my first 2 picks was a QB. On second thought if I was drating in one of the bottom spots I honestly could see going QB-QB depending on who they are................and I'm sure you've never heard me say to draft a QB early.

Last edited by a moderator:

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously though, never played in a 2 QB league before but I would say for sure you had better have a damn good QB1 and a very good QB 2.................I mean I don't think I'd go QB-QB but I would be sure one of my first 2 picks was a QB. On second thought if I was drating in one of the bottom spots I honestly could see going QB-QB depending on who they are................and I'm sure you've never heard me say to draft a QB early.

I'm in a 5-keeper two QB league. You don't need two stud QBs to win, but one of em better be top 5-7. Getting two of the top 10 QBs would be my advice, especially if TDs are worth 6. If that's possible.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sounds like good advise. Joe you may want to check out the Rotoworld June 6 featured article it's about 2QB leagues. ....

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe I have played in a two QB league the last seven years winning it twice and getting to the super bowl or one game away every year. QBs will go a lot higher. Guys like Bree, Rodgers, Manning, Brady, and even guys like Stafford, Romo, and Ryan all go in the first round in our league. This is good because it pushed a lot of otherwise first round players down. Plus a whole slew of QBs will go in the second and third rounds further pushing down really good players at other positions.

My strategy from day one in this league was this: QBs for the most part all score pretty good. So I would and do always try to solidify my RBs, and WRs since you have your pick at these guys while everyone is in a mda rush to grab their QB. I would then load up on the QBs no one took and trust me there are plenty to choose from. I won the league with a team like this for example. One year I drafted LT and westbrook and TO first three picks. My two QBs were Kurt Warner/Lienert (Warner took over and my second was Shaub I think both did a great job for my but I was so stacked at RB and WR I really didnt need my QBs to be monsters but they still put up really good numbers. Just my two sence!

DuffBeer Doug

Burn on big river,burn on
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe-

My dynasty league of 27 years with my buddies in Cleveland has been playing the 2 QB set up for the last 18 years.

How many teams in the league? If it's 12 or more you'll have to worry about having a QB3 to fill in on bye weeks. If you don't draft a QB3, the waiver wire is a ghost town for QB's as any viable starter will be gone and the best option is hoping somebody else's starter goes down and you own their backup. Trading QB's is now a whole different animal too. QB2's and QB3's have much greater value in trades especially for teams lacking a viable starter due to injury.

If it's a 10 team league, it changes things a bit, but I'll wait for your answer on league size first. Also what's the scoring set up like for QB's in your league yardage wise and pts per TD?

As Foot said, it helps to have a top 5-7 guy but not imperative with the QB depth these days. You could draft a QB early and then a QB2 later on or draft 2 QB's close together in the middle of the talent pool and be okay as well. They just had an article yesterday on Rotoworld about this:

The Two-QB Mindset - Two-Quarterback Leagues - Rotoworld.com

Last edited by a moderator:

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe-

My dynasty league of 27 years with my buddies in Cleveland has been playing the 2 QB set up for the last 18 years.

How many teams in the league? If it's 12 or more you'll have to worry about having a QB3 to fill in on bye weeks. If you don't draft a QB3, the waiver wire is a ghost town for QB's as any viable starter will be gone and the best option is hoping somebody else's starter goes down and you own their backup. Trading QB's is now a whole different animal too. QB2's and QB3's have much greater value in trades especially for teams lacking a viable starter due to injury.

If it's a 10 team league, it changes things a bit, but I'll wait for your answer on league size first. Also what's the scoring set up like for QB's in your league yardage wise and pts per TD?

As Foot said, it helps to have a top 5-7 guy but not imperative with the QB depth these days. You could draft a QB early and then a QB2 later on or draft 2 QB's close together in the middle of the talent pool and be okay as well. They just had an article yesterday on Rotoworld about this:

The Two-QB Mindset - Two-Quarterback Leagues - Rotoworld.com

Duff - - great to see you involved. .... have missed your input and of course, seeing that avatar ...

DuffBeer Doug

Burn on big river,burn on
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How's it going Lefty?

Been a bit busy lately. Spent a week and a half fixing and de-cluttering our house. Put the for sale sign out last Thurs. morning. We've had 14 showings since and 2 more today. It's been a pain in the rear not being able to be home since most of these showings during the weekdays are between 4-8 P.M. Can't get on the computer much except here at work now and again for a few minutes. Hopefully we can get our house sold in the next week or so (that's how fast things are selling around here) and get into our new house. Gotta wait for an offer and a signed contract before we can bid on a new house cause nobody is taking contingency sales in this market.

Hopefully this all gets sorted out before the MBBRL draft rolls around and I can devote a bit more time here.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

in two qb leagues, getting studs is a must, draft qb;s and lots of them, hell go qb-qb early......grab the best, and dangle them as trade bait.......someone will need one or be desperate within a week or two of the start

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a buddy in a draft last year that had the 12 pick took peyton, 13 took brady when it got back to him he took another qb in the 4th..........had 3 top qb's traded brady prior to the start of the season in a reasonable package for AP........and traded the other for some starters..........and well he lost the playoffs but won the regular season with a powerhouse

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id say if Brees, Manning or Rodgers are there in the first when your picking you have to take one of them. Otherwize for me Im going top WR or RB and then targeting my QBS. Guys like Fitzpatrick, Vick, Tannehill, Bradford, McCown, Dalton, Manuel (now with Watkins, spiller and Goodwin all guys who can hit homeruns) should all be available in the later rounds and will be very productive. I would quess the big three will be gone with the first three picks. By round 6 everyone will probably have their two QBs and be mad searching for a good RB and WR and you could just let those mid range QBs fall since everyone will be picking their starting RBs abd WRs before they pick a third QB.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id say if Brees, Manning or Rodgers are there in the first when your picking you have to take one of them. Otherwize for me Im going top WR or RB and then targeting my QBS. Guys like Fitzpatrick, Vick, Tannehill, Bradford, McCown, Dalton, Manuel (now with Watkins, spiller and Goodwin all guys who can hit homeruns) should all be available in the later rounds and will be very productive. I would quess the big three will be gone with the first three picks. By round 6 everyone will probably have their two QBs and be mad searching for a good RB and WR and you could just let those mid range QBs fall since everyone will be picking their starting RBs abd WRs before they pick a third QB.

another option, one id be more prone to do

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for all the advice. Lefty, I did see that article on Rotoworld - thanks.

So let me see if I got it? Draft a QB early especially if you can get PM, DB or AR. Try to nab an elite RB and WR, just don't pass up a top 5-7 QB.