• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can anyone explain why Blount is a kick returner with leon washington on the team? Is it simply a middle finger from the hoodie to all of football to justify his existence in the roster

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this isn't a random FF thought, but more of a NFL "in general" thought.

It's obvious that the NFL is serious about player safety. Helmet-to-helmet hits are being penalized more and more. Penalties for hitting a defenseless receiver. Players fined for ethical hits. And the fun "roughing the passer" calls that are sometimes laughable.

So why did the NFL decide to play a full slate of Thursday games?

Less time to prepare. Less time to recover. Thursday games almost seem like the NFL is inviting injury. I don't get that.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is capitalism at its finest. Present a warm caring image for good PR, line your pockets by doing the exact opposite, still giving your customers more of what they want.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happened to notice on ESPN that 72.9% of Gronkowski owners are STARTING him in week 3 (as of the time of this posting). Talk about misleading statistics.

TK21775

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this isn't a random FF thought, but more of a NFL "in general" thought.

It's obvious that the NFL is serious about player safety. Helmet-to-helmet hits are being penalized more and more. Penalties for hitting a defenseless receiver. Players fined for ethical hits. And the fun "roughing the passer" calls that are sometimes laughable.

So why did the NFL decide to play a full slate of Thursday games?

Less time to prepare. Less time to recover. Thursday games almost seem like the NFL is inviting injury. I don't get that.

Because the games are on the NFL Network which means you have to purchase that channel if you want to watch the games, more revenue for them for all the people that do since there's a game each week now on Thursday instead of when it was only 1 or 2 weeks

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is a different thought but I think if they really wanted to increase revenue they could do away a have game on Thursday, Friday night and then a full line up on Saturday 1pm 4pm 8pm and then sunday's full line up and finally wrap it up with monday. How cool would that be? I know college football prevents this from ever happening but man what a world that would be.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friday is also very unlikely. .. with all the NFL youth associated movements. .they aren't about to step on high school football night either. ..and even the most die hard NFL fan will not watch the game if thier sons or daughters are playing/cheering/marching on Friday night.
Well.. maybe you would, almost forgot about the whole graduation deal

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ouch low blow

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problem, its all good!

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't sure where else to put this...

So how did "Opposite George's" predictions go this weekend? (Remember, he went against the rational thinking prior to week 7.)

(Pick the 3rd WR...)
Andre Johnson @ KC. Hard to sit him when healthy but with Keenum I'm not sure what we will get.
ESanders vs. Balt. This one has me on the fence right now. I think this will be a smash mouth game but then again these 2 teams have really had some shootouts in the past.
BHartline vs. Buffalo. On the fence here too. Damn. Either he or Wallace is in for a big game IMO but which one?

Opposite George went with AJ. He had 8 points. Hartline had 6. Sanders had zero.

Since it seems like Rodgers will have to play catch with his son on the gridiron due to Green Bay having no more wide recievers(exaggeration but you get the point),should I go with Rodgers or Eli. The packers are likely to start running the ball more with the receiving corps injured and many fantasy projections show Eli having similar or better numbers than Rodgers.

OG went with Eli. He had 14 points. Rodgers had 29.

Is it crazy to think about starting foles over rodgers this week. Dallas D has been quite generous. Clevelands d has been stingy(but they have only played one good qb in stafford and he tossed 4 tds)

OG went with Bradford. He had 14 points. Foles had 5.

Results
Opposite George was 2 for 3.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A weekly thread by Opposite George would be a fun read, I think.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid move of the week:

I'm in a 10-team auction league, and teams have a short bench. I put in a waiver claim for Heyward-Bey (since Wayne is done and others are on their bye) without even realizing that T.Y. Hilton was available. Stupid.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid move of the week:

I'm in a 10-team auction league, and teams have a short bench. I put in a waiver claim for Heyward-Bey (since Wayne is done and others are on their bye) without even realizing that T.Y. Hilton was available. Stupid.

well Opposite George made his fave claim:yahoo:

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid move of the week:

Don't feel bad Joe. In my money league I kept/drafted a total of 7, yes that's right, 7 RB's thinking I would out depth the other teams in weeks 7-12. Here is a list of those fine RB's.

Foster
Martin
Gore
DMC
Tate
Moreno
Stacy

Wow! Just look how nice that is, especially right now with all of the injuries at RB..................but in probably the worst 2 waiver moves of the year, I bought into the Quinton Patton hype and dropped Moreno for him before week 1. Zack Stacy, well I dropped him for Jonathan Franklin. At least you got a guy that will start............

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my fishing league, on Sunday morning I got the brilliant idea to drop Ivory for Bolden. My opponent had Andre (CBS projected a 1% chance of him winning going into Sunday night). Ivory got 24, Bolden got 3, Andre went off and the Fuzzies lost by .5. Sometimes those last minute changes look awfully stupid in retrospect.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heyward-Bey

I don't get it? What am I missing? DHB plays as the WR2 on a decent passing offense (since Wayne is on IR). Yet other sites seem to be down on his potential. Maybe it's just the matchup with the Rams?

ESPN - considering the Rams have allowed just six catches to opposing wide receivers in each of the past two weeks, it could be another disappointing day for Heyward-Bey owners.
Rotoworld - Heyward-Bey will be just a WR4 for Week 10 against the Rams.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heyward-Bey

I don't get it? What am I missing? DHB plays as the WR2 on a decent passing offense (since Wayne is on IR). Yet other sites seem to be down on his potential. Maybe it's just the matchup with the Rams?

ESPN - considering the Rams have allowed just six catches to opposing wide receivers in each of the past two weeks, it could be another disappointing day for Heyward-Bey owners.
Rotoworld - Heyward-Bey will be just a WR4 for Week 10 against the Rams.

I seem to remember the knock on him with the Raiders was that he played half-hearted much of the time...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get it? What am I missing? DHB plays as the WR2 on a decent passing offense

he seems to lack concentration at the point of impact when catching the ball... speed, size and a good QB are nice components of being a good receiver, but I would question his route running ability