• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Count 'em...

Crabtree, Harvin, Pitta, Maclin, Nelson, Alexander (and even the non-factor), Benn. All OUT.

Stevie Johnson (hammy), Bennett (concuss), Green (knee), Shorts (calf), Holmes (foot), Manningham (knee)...

I realize that not all of these guys have major fantasy relevance, but does this change anyone's approach to their upcoming drafts?

Still no responses on this?

Also, saw TK's thread on his auction team. He has both rookies Bell and Ball, which got me thinking...

I'm starting to lean more towards Bell now. The reports out of Pitt describe Bell as their "workhorse." Meanwhile, I keep seeing snippets that the Broncos will use a committe approach. It's likely that Ball will get the GL touches.

But if you're describing your new RB and you see "committee" linked to Ball and "workhorse" linked to Bell, doesn't that change your expectations of these two?

TK21775

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe, I commented earlier on your post. The only two I had circled were Harvin and Pitta but only if they were still available later on where I couldn't say no so to me there isn't much that changes. I will however keep a little closer eye on how the WR are being taken as the depth at that position is starting to thin out more than it was, but still deeper than RB.

I personally like Bell more, however ESPN has Ball projected at $22 in auction drafts and when you're going up against 3 auto-people you pay the price. I'm grabbing Bell if it's a choice between the two and still trying to grab both since it's a keeper league in case Ball emerges but I've heard the same reports as you that Denver is looking at a committee. Throw in the fact that Denver has Peyton Manning who throws and Pittsburgh I still think of as an old school team that likes to be physical and I see Bell as being the better back this season.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if you're describing your new RB and you see "committee" linked to Ball and "workhorse" linked to Bell, doesn't that change your expectations of these two?

Changed mine. I now have Bell in front of Ball (really wish these guys would have came out in different years) but that could change after the PS games..................I love it!

Last edited by a moderator:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Count 'em...

Crabtree, Harvin, Pitta, Maclin, Nelson, Alexander (and even the non-factor), Benn. All OUT.

Stevie Johnson (hammy), Bennett (concuss), Green (knee), Shorts (calf), Holmes (foot), Manningham (knee)...

I realize that not all of these guys have major fantasy relevance, but does this change anyone's approach to their upcoming drafts?
Other than not drafting those who are out...nope not really:suds:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't change my expectations when my expectations were exactly this. I have Bell at 17 and Ball in the 20's.

TK21775

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WIS just came out with their projections, have Bell at 182.4 and Ball at 127.5 points

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still no responses on this?

Also, saw TK's thread on his auction team. He has both rookies Bell and Ball, which got me thinking...

I'm starting to lean more towards Bell now. The reports out of Pitt describe Bell as their "workhorse." Meanwhile, I keep seeing snippets that the Broncos will use a committe approach. It's likely that Ball will get the GL touches.

Don't forget about Lacy and Bernard in the rookie RB discussion. This is a great RB class. I think all 4 could be selected within the top 3 rounds of next year's drafts.

I have Bell at the top now and I think I prefer Lacy to Ball, again because he looks to be the main guy. Ball has more upside, but also more obstacles. When we did the suicide draft, I chose Lacy over the other 2 because I felt like he had the clearest path to PT at the time. I very well may have chosen Bell if my friend who is a Steelers nut hadn't talked me out of it.

As for WR strategy, these injuries may actually help owner who wait on the position. While the injuries complicate draft day a great deal, they make it more likely that a bunch of unheralded players will emerge from nowhere. Just be ready to use those FAB $ as target hogs start to show themselves.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Givens going to be moving up anybody's board if he continues to see targets and produce throughout the preseason? I never really draft Rams as I feel like a homer but with all of the Austin love out there this guy could be a sneaky late round pick. Also, said it before on one of these threads but might James Jones be the guy to target in GB? Seems like this guy has been a WW darling the last few years and mostly "dudded" out until last year. At his current price he could be a total steal.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I think I prefer Lacy to Ball, again because he looks to be the main guy.

McCarthy views DuJuan Harris as the starter. (as per rotoworld/USA Today)... hmm?

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Random thought: If you draft Cecil Shorts and Beanie Wells, you'd have "Beanie and Cecil."

the_beany_and_cecil_show-show.jpg

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of have another trivia question, but it's more of a guess...

One of the more competitive standard leagues from 2012 (with 2 flex positions), this was the final roster of my team:

QB - Stafford & Ben
RB - Martin, McCoy, Leshoure, Felix, Jennings
WR - Marshall, Shorts, Denarius Moore
TE - Hernandez, Cook, Finley
IDP - Watt, Lofton, Landry, Harper

(No K or DST in this league.) Based solely on the names above, how do you think I did?

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll save you any embarrassment.

The team above had the second-highest point total in the league. Unfortunately I also had the third highest point total against. I went 5-8 and finished in 9th place (out of 12). This team didn't even make the playoffs.

I had nearly 100 points more than the team that won the league (and went 9-4). But the champ had nearly 200 points less against compared to my team. The champ also had the 5th highest point totals.

And the guy with the highest point total -he went 10-3 and finished 4th.

Gotta love fantasy.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll save you any embarrassment.

The team above had the second-highest point total in the league. Unfortunately I also had the third highest point total against. I went 5-8 and finished in 9th place (out of 12). This team didn't even make the playoffs.

I had nearly 100 points more than the team that won the league (and went 9-4). But the champ had nearly 200 points less against compared to my team. The champ also had the 5th highest point totals.

And the guy with the highest point total -he went 10-3 and finished 4th.

Gotta love fantasy.

That sucks. Here's mine..........
QB Big Ben/ Kaps
RB Foster
RB Martin
RB Murray/LeShoure
WR Colston
WR Wayne
WR Decker
TE Miller/Finley
K Leg
D Denver

How do you think this team did Joe?

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing a similar scenario. Huge point totals, but getting beaten every other week anyway. .500 and no playoffs?

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing a similar scenario. Huge point totals, but getting beaten every other week anyway. .500 and no playoffs?

#1 in points by 100+, #1 in all play and 2nd in power rankings............lost the last 3 games and missed the playoffs. Funny thing is, yeah I nabbed Kaps off the wire but when Ben and Miller went down my team started going down. Went 9-5 and was 7-1 at one point.................probably one of the best teams I have had in that keeper league.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, as I said on another board.

Rodgers
Spiller
Moreno
Roddy
Decker/Mike Williams***
Wayne
Gresham

Lost in the semis... Decker on the bench! (@ Bal and 18 points)... Roddy didn't practice all week, but I started him at home against the Giants for 1 point! Lost by 14.

I traded Peterson for D Murray and Roddy (Murray got hurt and I turned him and Torrey Smith into McGahee and Gresham --- then McGahee got hurt but I had Moreno stashed). As good as Roddy was, my 4th WR was MWTB and had I known he would have kept up his hot start, I would have stayed put with A.P. Coulda, shoulda, woulda... new year!

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Random thought: If you draft Cecil Shorts and Beanie Wells, you'd have "Beanie and Cecil."

the_beany_and_cecil_show-show.jpg

u would :lol: good one Joe but would you really be happy :L

Last edited by a moderator: