• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they should all make you nervous every year, only ~50% of the top fantasy RBs repeat year over year, so they all have really good odds to not be worth their fantasy cost, each and every year.

good luck guessing which ones to buy low and which ones to sell high!

i agree... thats the fun of that game we always play... but i just feel like this season is different...

previous preseasons, i always feel confident that there wont be 6 players that dont remain a top 12. and i have difficulty predicting the 6 i think will remain because i like more than 6.

this season, i expect MORE than 6 RBs to fall out of the top 12, and i am having difficulty predicting who will remain, as i dont even have 6 i like...

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they should all make you nervous every year, only ~50% of the top fantasy RBs repeat year over year, so they all have really good odds to not be worth their fantasy cost, each and every year.

that's why I told Joe a little while back, I've never seen a fantasy roster where you could convince me that they didn't need another RB.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides for Jonathan Taylor, does anyone feel confident with any RB this season??

Other than Justin Jefferson, does anyone feel confident with any WRs this season?? maybe Jamaar Chase??

this is going to be one ugly draft season...
I have the same amount of faith int eh same amount of backs as I typically do, only difference this year is that Kamara is up in the air, and CMAC is still a ?.
I have the same amount of faith that one could reasonably expect (basically same as last years level) in Henry, Cook, Mixon, Chubb, Fournette, Conner, A. Jones/Dillon, Zeke, Swift and Montgomery

I actually have more faith than I did last year in guys like - Sanders, Jacobs, Harris/Stevenson, and J. Williams.
Philly is gonna run the ball well and Sanders should finally shine.
Josh McD, contrary to popular belief, does in fact utilize a true a lead back if there is one available, and there is, so yes there will be multiple backs used, Jacobs will lead the pack and he'll be playing for a contract.
NE might be even more run game oriented without JoshMcD so even splitting time, those backs should be at minimum as usable as last year, probably more so.
and Williams at the very worst has taken over the lead back job, so Gordon re-signing only limits his ceiling, doesn't hurt him much

The only ones I have less faith in, are the aforementioned Kamara and CMAC, plus Ekeler, Gibson, and Singletary (and M. Carter by default).

No faith whatsoever in- CEH, anyone in Atlanta, Houston, or Miami, not much in anyone from the Jets after they turned their situation into a CF-which honestly isn't a change at all from last year, except for Carter

And then there's Walker, Etienne who are still ?? Seattle should run utilize the RB's enough for walker and Penny to be fine, and Ettienne is just plain ??

As for WR's...yeah some big changes there..I can't bank on Reek Hill, I don't like AJ Brown in Philly (his key attribute is YAC, and you can't get those if the QB isn't accurate short to mid, and there's a sure step down in accuracy form Tranny to Hurts, even though Tranny ain't exactly great), Cooper Kupp has more competition for targets with a healthy AROB vs a hobbled Woods, anyone expecting a repeat or anything close to it is likely to be disappointed, Deebo might not play at all, who knows, D. Adams certainly gets a downgrade in QB, upgrade in offensive mind calling the plays though, Metcalf and Lockett lost a ton of value, Nuk suspended, Ridley suspended, Cooper gets a downgrade until the Watson situation is settled.

But there's the alternate as well-
Someone in KC is gonna be huge, he might not even be on the roster at this moment..ditto in GB (personally, still banking on Julio and Fuller filling those spots). Someone is going to be a weekly WR2/3 in ATL, whether that's London or Edwards, we'll likely see by end of preseason. Either Burks or Woods is going to be a weekly fantasy starter in Tenn, AROB gets a massive upgrade going from Chic to LAR, Lamb should be elevated, Gallup would be if he is healthy, TB12 unretiring saved Evans and Godwin from purgatory, and all the Denver WR's get a massive bump up

There's plenty of bad, quite a bit of good, and everyone else seems pretty much the same to me, its just that there are those HUGE names that went to worse situations and those big time shoes to fill in KC and GB that just haven't been filled yet, or maybe they have and we just don't see it yet.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree... thats the fun of that game we always play... but i just feel like this season is different...

previous preseasons, i always feel confident that there wont be 6 players that dont remain a top 12. and i have difficulty predicting the 6 i think will remain because i like more than 6.

this season, i expect MORE than 6 RBs to fall out of the top 12, and i am having difficulty predicting who will remain, as i dont even have 6 i like...

Disregarding injury concerns (otherwise the list is zero)

Taylor
Henry
Mixon
McCaffrey
Cook
Kamara (yes, non football related concerns)
Swift
Jones
Ekeler
Chubb

Then there’s falling but still confidence…
Zeke
Montgomery
Fournette
Barkley
Gibson

Then the almost/will be/should be confidence…
Javonte
Sanders
Conner (has to get a little love from last year)
Harris (okay, maybe a Pats RB is reaching)

And the handcuff champions
Hunt
Dillon
Pollard

Then plenty of tandems that you can try and snag together (or hope the one you get is the right one)
…but no need to list them.

Sign me up.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
henry makes me nervous.. not because of him entirely, but because that team has no skill players that scare you anymore... and their offensive line got worse...

he still should be the work horse... but i just dont know if he is worth the fantasy cost...
Honestly one that I feel pretty confident in is Najee Harris. I know who he is going to be, just a matter of exactly what he can do in a Ben-less Pittsburgh.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly one that I feel pretty confident in is Najee Harris. I know who he is going to be, just a matter of exactly what he can do in a Ben-less Pittsburgh.

Damn. Skipped right by him. He’s definitely in the first tier.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides for Jonathan Taylor, does anyone feel confident with any RB this season??

Other than Justin Jefferson, does anyone feel confident with any WRs this season?? maybe Jamaar Chase??

this is going to be one ugly draft season...
Nick Chubb gives me a chubb...ohh, that wasn't the question

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have the same amount of faith int eh same amount of backs as I typically do, only difference this year is that Kamara is up in the air, and CMAC is still a ?.
I have the same amount of faith that one could reasonably expect (basically same as last years level) in Henry, Cook, Mixon, Chubb, Fournette, Conner, A. Jones/Dillon, Zeke, Swift and Montgomery

I actually have more faith than I did last year in guys like - Sanders, Jacobs, Harris/Stevenson, and J. Williams.
Philly is gonna run the ball well and Sanders should finally shine.
Josh McD, contrary to popular belief, does in fact utilize a true a lead back if there is one available, and there is, so yes there will be multiple backs used, Jacobs will lead the pack and he'll be playing for a contract.
NE might be even more run game oriented without JoshMcD so even splitting time, those backs should be at minimum as usable as last year, probably more so.
and Williams at the very worst has taken over the lead back job, so Gordon re-signing only limits his ceiling, doesn't hurt him much

The only ones I have less faith in, are the aforementioned Kamara and CMAC, plus Ekeler, Gibson, and Singletary (and M. Carter by default).

No faith whatsoever in- CEH, anyone in Atlanta, Houston, or Miami, not much in anyone from the Jets after they turned their situation into a CF-which honestly isn't a change at all from last year, except for Carter

And then there's Walker, Etienne who are still ?? Seattle should run utilize the RB's enough for walker and Penny to be fine, and Ettienne is just plain ??

As for WR's...yeah some big changes there..I can't bank on Reek Hill, I don't like AJ Brown in Philly (his key attribute is YAC, and you can't get those if the QB isn't accurate short to mid, and there's a sure step down in accuracy form Tranny to Hurts, even though Tranny ain't exactly great), Cooper Kupp has more competition for targets with a healthy AROB vs a hobbled Woods, anyone expecting a repeat or anything close to it is likely to be disappointed, Deebo might not play at all, who knows, D. Adams certainly gets a downgrade in QB, upgrade in offensive mind calling the plays though, Metcalf and Lockett lost a ton of value, Nuk suspended, Ridley suspended, Cooper gets a downgrade until the Watson situation is settled.

But there's the alternate as well-
Someone in KC is gonna be huge, he might not even be on the roster at this moment..ditto in GB (personally, still banking on Julio and Fuller filling those spots). Someone is going to be a weekly WR2/3 in ATL, whether that's London or Edwards, we'll likely see by end of preseason. Either Burks or Woods is going to be a weekly fantasy starter in Tenn, AROB gets a massive upgrade going from Chic to LAR, Lamb should be elevated, Gallup would be if he is healthy, TB12 unretiring saved Evans and Godwin from purgatory, and all the Denver WR's get a massive bump up

There's plenty of bad, quite a bit of good, and everyone else seems pretty much the same to me, its just that there are those HUGE names that went to worse situations and those big time shoes to fill in KC and GB that just haven't been filled yet, or maybe they have and we just don't see it yet.
I'm basically with you but Sanders scares me and he will always scare me.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah even with a crappy OL he thrived. They still have a crappy OL but he is so good catching the ball out of the backfield and good opportunity with a rookie QB or a bridge QB. He is one of the top RB's I have confidence in this year.

Last edited:

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The ones i buy should be low...the ones i sell should be high. Eh Smoke

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports RB Tarik Cohen suffered a ruptured Achilles' tendon while working out on Tuesday.​

Cohen was streaming his workout live on Instagram when he suffered the injury.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Now that is some serious shitty luck for a guy trying to advertise he's ready to come back.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see fantrax is changing things and as usual made it worse. My favorite feature was the team chart where you could see every roster with a glance. Which was great because if you needed a WR for example you could tell in a glance which teams were stocked up on WRs and if you wanted to move a RB in a glance you could see who was in need of one. Now you only see a max of three rosters and need to scroll down to see others. The old team chart was exclusive to fantrax nobody else had one like it. I can't believe they went and screwed it up.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see fantrax is changing things and as usual made it worse. My favorite feature was the team chart where you could see every roster with a glance. Which was great because if you needed a WR for example you could tell in a glance which teams were stocked up on WRs and if you wanted to move a RB in a glance you could see who was in need of one. Now you only see a max of three rosters and need to scroll down to see others. The old team chart was exclusive to fantrax nobody else had one like it. I can't believe they went and screwed it up.
I'm on my phone and i can still see it. Breaks down each position on every team. Even gives images of the players. There is also an option to just view a specific position.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on my phone and i can still see it. Breaks down each position on every team. Even gives images of the players. There is also an option to just view a specific position.
The old team chart gave a over view of every team roster on one screen, no need to scroll. I found that real handy when I look for possible trades and I used it a lot. Now it's not very useful at all and becomes a pain as you need to scroll and scroll if you want to view all the rosters, then if you want to go back and see a roster that you all ready scrolled by you got to scroll up. they took the functionality out it to make look "pretty". I hate it.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The old team chart gave a over view of every team roster on one screen, no need to scroll. I found that real handy when I look for possible trades and I used it a lot. Now it's not very useful at all and becomes a pain as you need to scroll and scroll if you want to view all the rosters, then if you want to go back and see a roster that you all ready scrolled by you got to scroll up. they took the functionality out it to make look "pretty". I hate it.
Yep..agreed

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Defeats the purpose (and definition) of “roster chart”. Might as well just search by team now.

I wish they’d put their tech attention to substance over decor.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bob-barker-change-isnt-always-good.png