• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have 2 benches made up entirely of bye week players, and still need to make at least 1-2 cuts in order to field a complete starting lineup in those 2 leagues...FML

Spent most of my FAAB on Damien and Collins.

This week I have Keenan and Ceedee on byes. Only WR on my bench is Golladay.

I’m hoping to get two of the maybe handful of possibilities left on waivers. Crowder, Mooney, types.
Not sure who I’m gonna drop, other than a DST. It might have to be Golladay.

Tough week

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spent most of my FAAB on Damien and Collins.

This week I have Keenan and Ceedee on byes. Only WR on my bench is Golladay.

I’m hoping to get two of the maybe handful of possibilities left on waivers. Crowder, Mooney, types.
Not sure who I’m gonna drop, other than a DST. It might have to be Golladay.

Tough week

I'd drop Golladay if I had to, fairly easily

been forever since he's done anything

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im debating which spots I'll have to leave a bye wk player in my lineup this week - can't drop the guys on my bench that are on bye already, just got to hope the fantasy gods aren't offended and will make it up to me when I have all my wk7 guys rocking the rest of the season

Who do you think has more value between Mattison and Khalil Herbert? I need to drop one of them in order to pick up a bye week fill-in WR. 8 team, full PPR, redraft. I am not the Cook owner. I don't own any of the other Chicago RB's.

@HaroldSeattle @TREFF @TKOSpikes @Chef99 @leftypower Any thoughts?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you think has more value between Mattison and Khalil Herbert? I need to drop one of them in order to pick up a bye week fill-in WR. 8 team, full PPR, redraft. I am not the Cook owner. I don't own any of the other Chicago RB's.

@HaroldSeattle @TREFF @TKOSpikes @Chef99 @leftypower Any thoughts?

Herbert, I guess. Cook eats when healthy. Even if Damien plays, Herbert still has value. If it’s gotta be one of them, I say the guy playing over the guy not, even if they’re on your bench.

The counterpoint, of course, is if Cook gets hurt, you’re not even asking this question and would regret giving him away with a drop.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herbert, I guess. Cook eats when healthy. Even if Damien plays, Herbert still has value. If it’s gotta be one of them, I say the guy playing over the guy not, even if they’re on your bench.

The counterpoint, of course, is if Cook gets hurt, you’re not even asking this question and would regret giving him away with a drop.

I probably should just drop Trey Lance. I keep hanging on to the hope that he's going to get the starting job and be one of those killer fantasy running QB's, but I've got Herbert already and probably don't even need Lance to become that.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you think has more value between Mattison and Khalil Herbert?
Not sure I share the same outlook about Herbert.
Montgomery may be out a while.
But Damien Williams missed a game for COVID protocol. He may be back for week 7.
And Tarik Cohen may be back soon too.
Plus the Bears' opponents get a little tougher, which is not good for a limited offense.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Minnesota is on bye this week.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota is on bye this week.

Yeah, that's why I was leaning towards cutting Mattison. Cook can't get hurt this week, can he? Who knows with him, though? LOL.

I did take TKO to mean that Cook could get hurt later, not this week, and that if I cut Mattison, someone else might pick him up before Minny's next game. I think he knows that Minny is on bye.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I probably should just drop Trey Lance. I keep hanging on to the hope that he's going to get the starting job and be one of those killer fantasy running QB's, but I've got Herbert already and probably don't even need Lance to become that.

8 team league, go ahead and cut Lance as well as any other backup QB you're holding to make room.

Pains me to say it, as I've thought he didn't look good the last couple seasons, but I'd hold Mattison over Herbert. Avg Joe summed up all the reasons why and hinted at Bears O being bad + tough matchups ahead.

Still no reason to hold backup QB in 8 team league unless you have 2 studs and are preventing others from a good one

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exhibit A as to why I won't bother with trade calculators (not even sure why I did this time, but guess I needed a reminder?)

I sent off a deal in one of my dynasties, involving CMAC, and a couple 30+ year old WR's with big names, in exchange for D. Harris, some fringe-type younger Rb's, a #1 and a #2 -- I would be getting CMAC, the team getting Harris and the picks is 1-5 in the bottom half FPTF

One trade calculator comes back that I'm basically fisting the guy..with both fists no less. Another says he wins the deal by a wide margain.

Dumb

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exhibit A as to why I won't bother with trade calculators (not even sure why I did this time, but guess I needed a reminder?)

I sent off a deal in one of my dynasties, involving CMAC, and a couple 30+ year old WR's with big names, in exchange for D. Harris, some fringe-type younger Rb's, a #1 and a #2 -- I would be getting CMAC, the team getting Harris and the picks is 1-5 in the bottom half FPTF

One trade calculator comes back that I'm basically fisting the guy..with both fists no less. Another says he wins the deal by a wide margain.

Dumb

Yup. A pretty useless entity. Trade calculator? I mean, it’s not even an accurate title for what it does… let alone the fact that trade value is in the eye of the beholder, not an algorithm.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dumb
Yep, depends on which one you use. I average 5 different ones and they all say something different. But the average is pretty close, but I do give RB's a bump over QBs, WRs, and TEs. It still just a guide though, since you still have to know your audience. Guys will value their 'favs' over pretty much you throw at them - and 'under-sell' some you like. .... there is no exact science, just whatever works for you and the other guy.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dumb
ouch has me running to d1 im afraid... edit phew not there

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, depends on which one you use. I average 5 different ones and they all say something different. But the average is pretty close, but I do give RB's a bump over QBs, WRs, and TEs. It still just a guide though, since you still have to know your audience. Guys will value their 'favs' over pretty much you throw at them - and 'under-sell' some you like. .... there is no exact science, just whatever works for you and the other guy.
I mostly narrowed calculators down to one that I feel does the best job and mostly only use it to see if a offer I’m about to send seems reason able with the calculator or if I’m way off. Calculators do not take roster constrution in consideration and they usually over value young WRs by a lot and value commitee RBs at near zero when they actually are worth a bit more with byes and injuries that teams need to deal with.
Think most of us have players we know we value higher then most do and when trying to work a deal it does help to know who your trade partner values like that and who he doesn't’. However being in a bunch of leagues that isn’t always possible so I like to at least see what the calculator says. I’ll make a adjustment or decide not to try the offer sometimes. Using the same calculator keeps things consistent rather then using different ones, especially since some/ many are a joke.
That being said I do a bunch of deals and offers without using the calculator.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mostly narrowed calculators down to one that I feel does the best job and mostly only use it to see if a offer I’m about to send seems reason able with the calculator or if I’m way off. Calculators do not take roster constrution in consideration and they usually over value young WRs by a lot and value commitee RBs at near zero when they actually are worth a bit more with byes and injuries that teams need to deal with.
Think most of us have players we know we value higher then most do and when trying to work a deal it does help to know who your trade partner values like that and who he doesn't’. However being in a bunch of leagues that isn’t always possible so I like to at least see what the calculator says. I’ll make a adjustment or decide not to try the offer sometimes. Using the same calculator keeps things consistent rather then using different ones, especially since some/ many are a joke.
That being said I do a bunch of deals and offers without using the calculator.
Well ya certainly are doing it right as you are a top tier wheeler and dealer. along with Lefty Tko Chef and others

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to stream a QB. Tua or Matt Ryan? Dolphins host the Falcons. Dolphins coming home from London. Falcons coming off from their bye week.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to stream a QB. Tua or Matt Ryan? Dolphins host the Falcons. Dolphins coming home from London. Falcons coming off from their bye week.
I'll vote for Ryan. The ol' boy's still got some life left in that arm.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll vote for Ryan. The ol' boy's still got some life left in that arm.

Thanks. I do have Matt Ryan in Barbarians as my streamer, but I have Tua as my streamer in most other leagues. Maybe I'll make the switch wherever I can.

Any thoughts on Damien Harris in an 8 team, full PPR league? Someone dropped him, but I wonder if he's worth rostering in this format. I am facing the last place team in that league this week, and she has a weak roster. I figure Harris would be a safe floor play, so maybe he's worth picking up just for this week. The other RB starting option is Eli Mitchell, but you know how scary it is to trust a Niners RB. I'd love to get input from others. @redseat @MilkSpiller22 @HaroldSeattle @TKOSpikes @leftypower @TREFF @SmokingMonkey @SteelersPride