• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams trade for Stafford.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1612069918774.png

All I can say is LOL! They should of gotten Watson for that haul. They just out retarded Bill O'Brien.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MMMMMM I did forget about the Houston/Watson option...

Might've been Detroit is willing to just blow everything up and lose and Houston is still somehow holding on to hope. Absorbing Jared Goof's contract is no joke. I guess my only thought is the contract terms were FAR more favorable with dead cap + hit on a Detroit trade than a Houston one...

Might've also been Watson is a higher risk. He's stated he would like to play for New York or Miami (makes no sense because of Tua although Miami STUPIDLY came out and said they are not sure if Tua is the answer... lol) and given Stafford is willing to play for anyone at this point given the train wreck he had in Detroit maybe that was the major flag.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh wow, I worded that terribly.

What I was trying to say is I think Houston is holding out for a Tua/Watson swap and maybe a little bit of draft capital.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well no Rams fan can say shit about us giving up picks for Adams after this. At least Adams is young and elite in his position.

I'm honestly glad Stafford didn't go to SF. I think that team is built better for his abilities.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well no Rams fan can say shit about us giving up picks for Adams after this. At least Adams is young and elite in his position.

I'm honestly glad Stafford didn't go to SF. I think that team is built better for his abilities.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

QB > SS

But i do agree, the lions did really well

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Saw a Goff meme on facebook last night (can't find it now, unfortunately) that said:

"Rams trade 2 first round pick to get Goff,

Rams trade 2 first round picks to get rid of Goff."

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My felling with us is simple..........

How are going to top this?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams going all in for the next 2 yrs. A lot to give up for an aging QB.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams gave up a ton of capital to make the Lions swallow that contract. lol this helps Seattle and every other NFC West team. Sure i think Stafford is borderline top 5-10 like i stated in other threads but he is capable of looking like the Best QB in the NFL at times and that was on the Lions! He will improve the QB position for the Rams but he also takes away massive value and the future. Rams had to forfeit their future to remove cap and they still have to dump more.

In a way i feel bad for Stafford, here is a chance he can do something but the Rams have to blow it up.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one of the worst things that can happen to us literally unless he was traded to the 49ers this is the second worst. The rams are a very good football team and those picks do not matter when you are trying to win a super bowl. Stafford is a very good QB that played in a circus in Detroit with revolving head coaches. All the games the Rams lost after their bye week was basically due to bad QB play. Someone said that they traded for an aging QB which makes no sense as he is the same age at Russell Wilson and secondly QBs are playing closer into their 40s. Stafford has a good 4-5 years with this team. I want to be objective here if I had to put money I would say the 49ers are the best team in the division. I have no idea what the Seahawks will do in response

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one of the worst things that can happen to us literally unless he was traded to the 49ers this is the second worst. The rams are a very good football team and those picks do not matter when you are trying to win a super bowl. Stafford is a very good QB that played in a circus in Detroit with revolving head coaches. All the games the Rams lost after their bye week was basically due to bad QB play. Someone said that they traded for an aging QB which makes no sense as he is the same age at Russell Wilson and secondly QBs are playing closer into their 40s. Stafford has a good 4-5 years with this team. I want to be objective here if I had to put money I would say the 49ers are the best team in the division. I have no idea what the Seahawks will do in response
Stafford been in the league 3 years longer then RW . Feels like he’s been around forever and all those years of play wear on a bod. Pretty much why folks consider him old. On paper seems like upgrade for the Rams, but the Rams are going to have to make some painful cuts due to the cap.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford been in the league 3 years longer then RW . Feels like he’s been around forever and all those years of play wear on a bod. Pretty much why folks consider him old. On paper seems like upgrade for the Rams, but the Rams are going to have to make some painful cuts due to the cap.
Good point and to play my own devils advocate RW has never been severely injured as opposed to Stafford whom has had significant injuries. I am not sure how the financials will work out but in my opinion they still have Donald and Ramsey probably the two best players in their position in the NFL playing on the same side. Stafford doesn't have to carry the offense or play in freezing weather. Playing in LA with a defense that can keep the score low, if he can just manage 4000 yards maybe 35 TDs maybe all it takes to win 12-13 games.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cap hell won't be affecting them for another 2 years so they'll have a 2 year run to get something done... If they don't amass anything, they will be in deep trouble because they won't have much depth... No #1 picks from '16 to '23? Ouch... And to say they gave up two #1's for Goff and then sent him packing for two #1's is comical...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow... Just saw a stat from Clayton... Since Stafford was drafted by the Lions, the Lions running game is ranked 31st in total over those 12 years... That's crazy bad...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow... Just saw a stat from Clayton... Since Stafford was drafted by the Lions, the Lions running game is ranked 31st in total over those 12 years... That's crazy bad...
The shocking part is that one team was actually worse, i cant imagine what team that could possibly be.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams gave up a ton of capital to make the Lions swallow that contract. lol this helps Seattle and every other NFC West team. Sure i think Stafford is borderline top 5-10 like i stated in other threads but he is capable of looking like the Best QB in the NFL at times and that was on the Lions! He will improve the QB position for the Rams but he also takes away massive value and the future. Rams had to forfeit their future to remove cap and they still have to dump more.

In a way i feel bad for Stafford, here is a chance he can do something but the Rams have to blow it up.
The Rams have been sacrificing their future for four seasons now. Now we are the youngest team in the league, who a good offensive core, good head coach and number one defense.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is gonna to love Cam Akers

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams have been sacrificing their future for four seasons now. Now we are the youngest team in the league, who a good offensive core, good head coach and number one defense.
Who's possibly getting cut being 22mil over the cap?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better win a SB because these next two seasons going to be followed by a lost decade so to speak