• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Rams @ Seahawks 1:25 PST

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I listed 2 for you IN MY POST and when the season is done i will list the other 3. What i saw from the Rams On Sunday was a lot of wide open players because of the Youth of the Hawks Defense on the back end and key players missing. A #1 offense would have put up 50+ on that Hawks defense this past sunday.

I gotcha a Profile pick bet waiting they are not the #1 Offense at the end of the season and i will say they most likely wont be top 5. Take the bait and i get to choose your Pic. If not just leave the Hawks board and go play with all the LA Rams bandwagon fans because i can not think of one team with more bandwagon fans in the NFL than the LA Rams. You all passed the Cowboys.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I listed 2 for you IN MY POST and when the season is done i will list the other 3. What i saw from the Rams On Sunday was a lot of wide open players because of the Youth of the Hawks Defense on the back end and key players missing. A #1 offense would have put up 50+ on that Hawks defense this past sunday.

I gotcha a Profile pick bet waiting they are not the #1 Offense at the end of the season and i will say they most likely wont be top 5. Take the bait and i get to choose your Pic. If not just leave the Hawks board and go play with all the LA Rams bandwagon fans because i can not think of one team with more bandwagon fans in the NFL than the LA Rams. You all passed the Cowboys.

You got me, the Rams are overrated because they didn’t score at least 50 against the Seahawks in their house.

upload_2018-10-8_22-53-30.gif

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprised the Rams weren't going to go for it prior to the TO... Also, didn't understand the TO since we would be getting the ball back... They're punting... You'd think we would want that last timeout to drive downfield for the game winning FG attempt...
But is there much difference between 1:30 and no TOs vs 1:00 and 1 TO? I just don't see an appreciable difference.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But is there much difference between 1:30 and no TOs vs 1:00 and 1 TO? I just don't see an appreciable difference.

To me, there is a difference... We would need to get into FG range... What if we complete a 20 yard pass downfield to the Rams 35 with under 5 seconds left... We wouldn't be able to get up there to spike the ball on time before the clock ran out... The Timeout would give us that option...

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was pleasantly surprised by the offense in this one. I expected the defense to struggle with the Rams dynamic offense, but I didn't see that point total coming from the Hawks. Also, credit to Schotty for FINALLY working in some play action. That worked really well (obviously the running game working helps with that too).

A few other thoughts:

- I'm wondering if this is basically going to end up being a lost year for Baldwin. He's not getting any separation and Russell is barely looking his way. I fear his knee(s) issue is going to drag him down all year.

- IMO Chris Carson is far and away the best back on this team. He's tough to bring down, but he's a lot quicker and shiftier than Davis is. There's obviously a role for Davis, but I'd like to see a 75-25 split or thereabouts in favor of Carson. Man he's good.

- DJ Fluker looks like the best OL free agency acquisition of the PCJS era. Not a lot of competition for that title, but he is an absolute monster in the run game.

- Defensively, we have to figure out a way to generate a pass rush. It's really bad. Basically, if Frank Clark doesn't get home, or they don't blitz, the opposing QB has an eternity in the pocket. This should be a major point of emphasis in next year's draft.

- Mingo played a pretty good game, I like what he's contributed. Wagner doesn't look all the way healthy to me.. I could be wrong on that, but he just looks a step slow out there.

- I thought there was a lot of praise for Thompson that was unwarranted, frankly. I know he has a brutal job of replacing a legend, but it seemed like PC wanted to highlight the good things he did (admittedly that first INT was due to his play) but he flat out cannot tackle. I counted about 5 complete whiffs.

Raiders are very beatable, although the weirdness of playing in London makes that situation more unpredictable. Hawks are favored by 3 and I'd be pretty disappointed if they came back across the pond 2-4. A lot of good things to highlight on offense last Sunday, and the next defense is even worse.

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I didn't have any problem with Pete Carroll using a timeout. I get his logic - he's trying to save time, not worry about what the other coach is going to do. It's unfortunate how it played out because it makes it look like a bad decision in hindsight, which I think is unfair.

IMO, while I understand how that can be a gutsy call, that should be the decision EVERY time from that range and on. Especially in situations where you can literally clinch the game. Garrett and the Cowboys punting from Houston territory on 4th and 1 was some of the most cowardly game management I've ever seen. That is a HIGH probability conversion.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, there is a difference... We would need to get into FG range... What if we complete a 20 yard pass downfield to the Rams 35 with under 5 seconds left... We wouldn't be able to get up there to spike the ball on time before the clock ran out... The Timeout would give us that option...
Ok, but you cant fast forward or "what if" all the way to that point and have any assurance whatsoever you still have that TO. You had 30 seconds less to work with for not calling the TO...."what if" time had run out 25 seconds before you had a chance to make that 20 yard pass down the middle?

When you have the ball, you have more things you can do to stop the clock besides calling a TO. When you are on defense, all you can do is call TO. I think there isn't much difference at all in the situations, and certainly it isn't to the point where someone should be freaking out about it either way. I think it's a preference thing, and clearly Pete's preference was to have 30 more seconds on the clock with his offense on the field.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete explained this. The officials had called for a measurement, which spotted the clock. Once they were done the Rams were free to run the clock from one minute and thirty nine seconds down to a minute and nine seconds before snapping the ball. It was more important to save the time then to save the time out. It's such basic football I'm embarrassed that none of us understood it with out a explanation.:rolleyes2:
I had no problem with calling the TO and would have if I was HC. The Rams, to their credit made a gutsy call, but no way would I have done that in that situation. Being ahead, on your own 48 with time running out. Yet, maybe having RW on our team convinced them to call for the sneak.