• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Rams @ Seahawks 1:25 PST

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game Seattle you played better then I had expected against a great offense. Cooks and Kupp going out didn't hurt. Like many NE fans had been saying about the Cooks trade, he was having a great year but just a matter of time before he received another concussion. I was really surprised that hit didn't get flagged.

Run game is surprising. That tandem is looking good.

Wilson still doesn't look like himself. He had a good game but took advantage of TERRIBLE DB/Safety play.

Mingo is playing extremely well in that defense. Not so much when he was in NE.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got back from the game, overall our D was just awful, Rams were pretty much doing whatever they wanted, our pass rush was NON existent, Goff had literally all day to throw every dam play ... Run D was decent, accept near the end of the game... Offense played well, running game was good, accept WTF is up with NEVER using Penny ? I"m worried he's gonna be yet another 1st round swing and miss... I don't want to judge to quick but my god, Pete and John haven't been nailing draft picks lately that's for sure... You just gotta wonder if the era is nearing it's end... Overall they competed, but the end was pure self destruction with the false start by Ifedi and then the holding call, they were already in field goal range for god sake near the end, people were slightly ticked at watching Ifedi pull another boneheaded false start at the worsts time...
I’d say a era of sort is over. Seahawks are using this year to prune away old branches to make room for new ones. Going to have to collect more talent for the units like DL who obviously need some additional talent. Penalties remain maddening and seem to be a problem year in and year out. Overall though think we seen some progress. Encouraging to see the run game working. Carson and Davis seem to be working so I don’t get why folks are calling for Penny . He’ll get his chance soon enough.
Expectations are what dictates how folks feel about the team. If you see them as rebuilding you’ll be happier with what you see versus expecting them to remain a containder still. Just my :2cents:.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d say a era of sort is over. Seahawks are using this year to prune away old branches to make room for new ones. Going to have to collect more talent for the units like DL who obviously need some additional talent. Penalties remain maddening and seem to be a problem year in and year out. Overall though think we seen some progress. Encouraging to see the run game working. Carson and Davis seem to be working so I don’t get why folks are calling for Penny . He’ll get his chance soon enough.
Expectations are what dictates how folks feel about the team. If you see them as rebuilding you’ll be happier with what you see versus expecting them to remain a containder still. Just my :2cents:.

Running game was great today no doubt... With Penny usually when you draft a RB they're out there, so you just wonder why we didn't get a good pass rusher if available or another position of need... We've wasted to many 1st round picks lately, even though there late in the 1st round, or early 2nd...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Running game was great today no doubt... With Penny usually when you draft a RB they're out there, so you just wonder why we didn't get a good pass rusher if available or another position of need... We've wasted to many 1st round picks lately, even though there late in the 1st round, or early 2nd...

Concerns about Carson recovery for one thing. I still have plenty of confidence that Penny will work out fine.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fasle start - hold to take you out of FG range when you HAD IT RIGHT FUCKING THERE....

Then coaching blunders to give it away.

Welcome to the new reality of life as a Seahawks fan.... again.

why is everyone pointing to the false start? It was delay of game if not a false start, since we were like 2 seconds past 0 on the play clock. I actually thought they were calling the delay of game when the flag came out.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Concerns about Carson recovery for one thing. I still have plenty of confidence that Penny will work out fine.

I hope so.. We deserve a break with so many 1st rounders fading away...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the false start was Just him going at 0 like the rest of the offense SHOULD have.

Also i am so shocked at how many of you were not paying attention to the Time out called on the punt turned 4th down conversion. The Rams had two guys on their sideline NOT going off the field they were pulling some kind of trickery over there and it had the Hawks confused. Best thing to do there is call a time out. This was all on the Defense that got even softer after Kupp and Cooks went out. We need better play from the Defense than what we saw today. I don't care how good the Rams offense is ( Over rated ) they lost their two best WR and the Hawks defense made the other guys look like All pro's.

Soon they will get KJ back and that will help but they need some pass rushers. Goff had all day to throw most of the time. Trade Penny for a Good DE if you're not going to use PENNY!

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also i am so shocked at how many of you were not paying attention to the Time out called on the punt turned 4th down conversion. The Rams had two guys on their sideline NOT going off the field they were pulling some kind of trickery over there and it had the Hawks confused. Best thing to do there is call a time out. This was all on the Defense that got even softer after Kupp and Cooks went out. We need better play from the Defense than what we saw today. I don't care how good the Rams offense is ( Over rated ) they lost their two best WR and the Hawks defense made the other guys look like All pro's.

Rams offense overrated,

upload_2018-10-8_9-36-2.gif

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams offense overrated,

View attachment 188456

name 1 top flight ( top 15 ) defense you all have played? Ok so Seattle was ( key word was )#15 but they have played some BAD offenses and are not a top 15 Defense more like 20th or so. Seattle Played the #3 Defense that was Dallas ( who has since fell ) and the #2 Defense. Rams have been playing some bad D's. At the end of the year i believe with out a doubt the Rams will be like 10th or so in Offense but they are not a top 5 offense. They are over rated right now based on the weak opponents they have faced.

Raiders are bad 31st
Cardz BAHAHA yeah they are bad 25th
Chargers 18th but 21st in allowed PPG
Vikes 22nd in total D and 23rd in PPG allowed.
and the Hawks.
those are some bad D's right now. Some of the worst in the NFL.

Not till week 8 do the Rams face a legit D.

Did not say they are a BAD offense just over rated and they are. Deal with it bandwagon.
:dhd:

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the FUCK would Seattle take a timeout?
To keep the clock from restarting after the measurement? You do know they would have done that without a timeout call, right?

I think it was a grey area -- 6 vs a half dozen. If you don't call the TO, the refs are going re-start the clock and the Rams would let it go all the way down. You get the ball with about a minute left a 1 TO. As it was, they had a chance to get it with about 1:30 and no TOs. I'm not sure the difference is all that great, and the TO bought them a chance to adjust to whatever the Rams were doing (showing punt but then ended up going for it). In either case, the Rams go for it on 4th down, pick it up, and the game is over.

If there were say 3 min left then I think you clearly don't call it. If there were like 45 seconds left then you pretty much have to. 1:39 is I believe how much time was remaining when the refs measured it after 3rd down. I could go either way.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gritty effort yesterday. Though at the end I was bummed that we shot ourselves in the foot with the penalties to prevent a chance to go ahead with a FG, I come away a lot more encouraged than discouraged about where this team is going. Pretty much everyone expected us to get run off the field yesterday, and clearly that was not the case. We went toe to toe with more or less the consensus #1 team in the league, and in a big way I think the Rams were fortunate to come out with a W. Easily could have gone either way.

Our defense doesn't quite have the experience or maybe even the talent right now to do it, but I think there will be one out there that can slow down the Rams offense because all they really do is hand it to Gurley off tackle or hit the underneath crosser. Our run D held up pretty well, but the crossing route killed us all game. Maybe had we had KJ sitting there to knock molars loose like he did to Diggs in pre-season it would have made a difference, but I firmly believe some team out there will be equipped to give them problems. All we really needed was 1 more stop and we probably win that game.

The offense is figuring it out a little bit. The run game is there. Just based on how well we moved it on the ground plus no turnovers, we probably would have beaten 29 of 31 other teams in the league yesterday. If we have similar success next game, we are going to handle the Raiders without much problem.

Though the yards weren't big, Russell had a good game against a D that was riding a string of absolutely destroying us up front. That didn't happen yesterday. Russell missed 1 throw that he for sure should have hit (the seem to Daniels I think it was), but he was efficient and made the big plays when needed. Did Vannett get hawked down by a DL?? I already miss Dissly.

2-3 doesn't look great on its face, but we'll be ok if we build on this one. I am very confident we can go into the bye at 3-3, and I feel a lot better about our chances in the tougher upcoming matchups after what I saw yesterday.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
name 1 top flight ( top 15 ) defense you all have played? Ok so Seattle was ( key word was )#15 but they have played some BAD offenses and are not a top 15 Defense more like 20th or so. Seattle Played the #3 Defense that was Dallas ( who has since fell ) and the #2 Defense. Rams have been playing some bad D's. At the end of the year i believe with out a doubt the Rams will be like 10th or so in Offense but they are not a top 5 offense. They are over rated right now based on the weak opponents they have faced.

Raiders are bad 31st
and the Hawks.

Did not say they are a BAD offense just over rated and they are. Deal with it bandwagon.

Bandwagon, son, you don’t have a clue. I’ve been a Rams for over 30 years. Only people that call people bandwagoner, is people that can’t make a legit argument.

So your whole argument is Rams offense is overrated because they supposedly haven’t a good defense. You what to know what a great offense is, when your All Pro punter has punted 8 times in five games. That is not overrated that is great.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it does seem a odd time to call a time out, but got to think he had something in mind when doing so. I don’t think he imagined the Rams deciding to go for it, for one thing.
Good game, shitty ending.

I was surprised the Rams weren't going to go for it prior to the TO... Also, didn't understand the TO since we would be getting the ball back... They're punting... You'd think we would want that last timeout to drive downfield for the game winning FG attempt...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Raiders are bad 31st
and the Hawks.

They aren't top 15 defenses because they have already played the Rams would be my guess... They're not overrated... Not sure what games you're watching...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprised the Rams weren't going to go for it prior to the TO... Also, didn't understand the TO since we would be getting the ball back... They're punting... You'd think we would want that last timeout to drive downfield for the game winning FG attempt...
Pete explained this. The officials had called for a measurement, which spotted the clock. Once they were done the Rams were free to run the clock from one minute and thirty nine seconds down to a minute and nine seconds before snapping the ball. It was more important to save the time then to save the time out. It's such basic football I'm embarrassed that none of us understood it with out a explanation.:rolleyes2:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bandwagon, son, you don’t have a clue. I’ve been a Rams for over 30 years. Only people that call people bandwagoner, is people that can’t make a legit argument.

So your whole argument is Rams offense is overrated because they supposedly haven’t a good defense. You what to know what a great offense is, when your All Pro punter has punted 8 times in five games. That is not overrated that is great.

They have not faced a good defense and yes Over rated. They are ranked #1 right now and sorry that offense isn't a #1 offense if you ask me. I would take KC every day of the week over the rams and also the Saint's. I said they ARE A TOP 10 Offense but they are not #1 and that will be true when all is said and done. Want to put a bet on it?

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have not faced a good defense and yes Over rated. They are ranked #1 right now and sorry that offense isn't a #1 offense if you ask me. I would take KC every day of the week over the rams and also the Saint's. I said they ARE A TOP 10 Offense but they are not #1 and that will be true when all is said and done. Want to put a bet on it?

I want a good laugh, so who has a better offense than the Rams?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want a good laugh, so who has a better offense than the Rams?

guess you didn't read my post because i told you who i would take or is that you just avoiding the challenge? LMAO

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guess you didn't read my post because i told you who i would take or is that you just avoiding the challenge? LMAO

I don’t do challenges, like I guess I should of said, so who are the expected better offenses than the Rams?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t do challenges, like I guess I should of said, so who are the expected better offenses than the Rams?
R e a d m y p o s t !
what are you freaking Lazy? I mean god you even quoted it LMAO!

Also let me refresh your brain a little " They are over rated right now based on the weak opponents they have faced."

go back to school and learn reading comprehension

Last edited: