• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams land Matthew Stafford

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy
Yeah, about that...it's one game and I'd take my chances with this team and Stafford vs this team with Goff...how about you?
Yep. Guy has one bad game all season and it makes for a bad trade, his point seriously makes little sense.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People still think Jared Goff is a starting QB in the NFL??

Goodfellas GIF

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, about that...it's one game and I'd take my chances with this team and Stafford vs this team with Goff...how about you?
Anyone would. Still hilarious about the timing of it

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love a good bump backfire…. Stafford is 18/29 for 177yds & 2 INTs.

Rams were a 7.5pt favorite tonight
31/48 for 294 1 TD and 2 INTs looks a little better. Those INTs were the game however, but I put a lot of that on McVay. His play-calling was leaving Stafford back there running for his life. He did that to Goff last year vs the Dolphins, failing to adjust to help the o-line.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
31/48 for 294 1 TD and 2 INTs looks a little better. Those INTs were the game however, but I put a lot of that on McVay. His play-calling was leaving Stafford back there running for his life. He did that to Goff last year vs the Dolphins, failing to adjust to help the o-line.

Those plays were at the beginning of the game, you don't know who on the offensive line is going to get their ass kicked until it happens. You don't expect it and you shouldn't, Allen and crew were pretty great against Vea and Suh earlier in the season. So you install plays and adjusted, their pass rush wasn't nearly as effective in the second half.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those plays were at the beginning of the game, you don't know who on the offensive line is going to get their ass kicked until it happens. You don't expect it and you shouldn't, Allen and crew were pretty great against Vea and Suh earlier in the season. So you install plays and adjusted, their pass rush wasn't nearly as effective in the second half.

The Rams typically use a lot more roll outs to help that o-line. McVay is slow to give up on his plays, even when he's leaving his QB unprotected. Sunday night's game was painfully similar to the 4 wides plays he kept calling against Miami's all-out blitzes last year.

It's a problem in the NFL, not just McVay. Same reason why a team will run extremely effectively for a series or two, then suddenly the team forgets to run the ball. These guys try to get too tricky and get bored with what is working, especially at the expense of the run game and short passing. Hurt the Rams and Bills this weekend.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honey moon already over?

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No guarantees.

It's impressive that they found a team willing to absorb Goff's contract. So they deserve kudos for that. But Stafford is only under contract for 2 more years, and he's 7 years older than Goff... Stafford is 5-46 against teams with a winning record. Not to mention he has never won a playoff game.

It seems to me that the Rams just wanted to get rid of Goff more than they wanted to acquire Stafford. Pretty much downgraded their QB and threw away two 1sts & a 3rd to make it happen.

IMO on paper the Lions won this trade. Yea they'll be paying Goff more than he's worth, but those picks *COULD* make it worth it.

6-50 now.....

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looks like Matt Stafford. A guy who struggles to beat good teams and throws up some amazing garbage time numbers.
Talent-wise… Goff to Stafford is much like Manziel to Mayfield.

Well maybe not that bad lol

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When this all came about, it was let's wait and see. Then the hype train got rolling down the tracks and early on it was "Stafford MVP" talk because he had a few good games. Now he will be the same Detroit bum because the Rams are skidding and he isn't playing great. Kind of funny to watch all this unfold. I'll wait and see what happens from now on amd into January.
Having said that, I do think lots of people might be underestimating the loss of Robert Woods in all of this. Still have Kupp, of course, but Woods and Stafford seemed to be on the same wave length when Kupp was covered. Odell, not so much. At least, not yet amd OBJ is a totally different type of WR then Woods.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When this all came about, it was let's wait and see. Then the hype train got rolling down the tracks and early on it was "Stafford MVP" talk because he had a few good games. Now he will be the same Detroit bum because the Rams are skidding and he isn't playing great. Kind of funny to watch all this unfold. I'll wait and see what happens from now on amd into January.
Having said that, I do think lots of people might be underestimating the loss of Robert Woods in all of this. Still have Kupp, of course, but Woods and Stafford seemed to be on the same wave length when Kupp was covered. Odell, not so much. At least, not yet amd OBJ is a totally different type of WR then Woods.
Woods is a big loss, no doubt. However, it doesn't take away from the 15-year history of who Stafford is and always has been. The Rams are very talented and could make a major playoff run which is the only thing that will help Stafford shake the monkey.