• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Micah Kiser wins the NFC Defensive player of the week. Dude has waited a while for his chance and we may have found our Littleton replacement. Speaking of. Littleton had 2 tackles this past week with the Raiders. That's it. They can have him for all that cash they doled out.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam Akers is officially out against the Bills but Brown and his broken left pinkie are back. Henderson is fine and Noteboom goes on IR for three weeks. We re-sign Kolone to the PS, a guard who was in camp to take Patrick's move to the active roster this week. Darious Williams may be out as well.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McVay and his coaching staff have created a culture that ex-Rams players apparently terribly miss. Corey Littleton is having a horrible year with the Raiders as he has been rated by PFF as one of the worst LBs on the pro Football planet. Dante Fowler has had one sack in three games with the winless Falcons and is now injured. Gurley is doing about the same with the Falcons that he did with the Rams. Last week in yet another loss, Gurley had 80 total rushing yards similar to what he was doing here with the Rams. McVay is doing something right. He just needs to get better at managing the game and getting the desired results which I am sure he will eventually do.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who would’ve predicted this after jettisoning Gurley and with the play of the OL last season?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who would’ve predicted this after jettisoning Gurley and with the play of the OL last season?

Rank 1 Los Angeles Rams 2-1-0
Last year, the Rams struggled to find an offensive identity. This year, it's clear Sean McVay wants his team to be physical -- and it is. The Rams lead the league in rushing attempts through three weeks, averaging 37 carries per game, and their committee approach -- featuring Darrell Henderson, Cam Akers and Malcolm Brown -- allows them to trot out fresh legs on nearly every play, from start to finish, even if one player (Henderson, lately) ends up with more carries than the others. Akers missed Week 3 with a rib injury, but when he's healthy, he'll rejoin Henderson and Brown in wearing defenses down behind an offensive line that has the second-highest run-blocking grade (79.0) by Pro Football Focus. Furthermore, the Rams lead the league in forced missed tackles with 26 (five more than any other team). You might expect that kind of performance with a high-profile star like Todd Gurley in the backfield, but Gurley is gone -- and this unheralded group is putting the league on notice.

Makes me think of our last draft, and how many here were worried about the Rams failure to address this unit in the draft.

Sure it's only Week 4, but hopefully this group only gets better as we go along!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes me think of our last draft, and how many here were worried about the Rams failure to address this unit in the draft.

Sure it's only Week 4, but hopefully this group only gets better as we go along!
Well dude. I am pretty sure we were basing our fears on the play of the 2019 O-line and how crappy they were as we went into the draft. Nobody could have predicted this year's version with Whitworth playing the best he has played a long time (his admission) and Corbett really becoming pretty good in the McVay system as well as Blythe having a Pro Bowl year as well. Havenstein has been re-born and Noteboom and Edwards are also playing at a very high level. Soooo....

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well dude. I am pretty sure we were basing our fears on the play of the 2019 O-line and how crappy they were as we went into the draft. Nobody could have predicted this year's version with Whitworth playing the best he has played a long time (his admission) and Corbett really becoming pretty good in the McVay system as well as Blythe having a Pro Bowl year as well. Havenstein has been re-born and Noteboom and Edwards are also playing at a very high level. Soooo....
I'm just amazed at how well the OL has held up this year!

That said, when we combine the fact that the Rams OL is currently ranked No. 1 through 4 Weeks, the OL's overall youth (Save Whitworth of course) and the Rams' FO decision to pass on the OL in their last draft despite, and as you put it 'how crappy they were' last year, is a testament to Snead, McVay and the others in the Rams front office at evaluating our needs, and addressing the build of the 53 Man & Practice Squad Rosters.

Those folks are getting it right more than wrong, and while you can say 'nobody could have predicted this year's OL' especially considering last years, those gents had a pretty good idea.

Sure some good luck (As opposed to dumb luck) is in order, because I do think if there were a stud offensive lineman or two available in their last draft, they would have been hard pressed to pass like they did, but IMO the true graded talent just didn't fall to us.

Once again Retro, I'm glad things seem to be working more than failing, because they had a lot of holes to fill to build a talented roster that can compete in a very deep Division, especially considering their limits in FA (Their own dudes as well) due to their currnet Cap situation.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Vita, I'll give you the notion that the McSnead combo is getting alot right these days, moreso than other clubs when it comes to the draft but they have been slipping toward the crappy side of things in signing FAs. So far, the draft and UDFA have been the provider of our recent rosters talent. For every hit on FAs, they have missed on two-to-three other bad ones.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Vita, I'll give you the notion that the McSnead combo is getting alot right these days, moreso than other clubs when it comes to the draft but they have been slipping toward the crappy side of things in signing FAs. So far, the draft and UDFA have been the provider of our recent rosters talent. For every hit on FAs, they have missed on two-to-three other bad ones.
Considering the percentage of the Cap devoted to an interior lineman, compared to other teams is crippling, but well worth it once we say the name of that interior lineman. Many teams would love to have that problem.

To me the TGIII deal looked fair at the time, however injuries can make a fair deal look bad. The Rams have had some great RB's that played at a high level in the NFL for a long, long time. So signing Gurley to that deal killed us with the injury, but had the potential to be a great signing had his positive contributions not fallen off a cliff.

The Goff deal look questionable at the time, however looking at the QB deals the league is seeing now, and Goff's ability to perform well with protection and a running game, it looks like that one is turning in the Rams favor big time.

The Ramsey deal is another one of those head shaker deals, I hope we didn't just put bad money behind good. Obviously they invested in that dude, long term, the day they traded for him.

Really like the Woods & Kupp deals, they are both vital cogs in the Rams offense.

Think they were right in sending GZ off to Free Agency, however I'm worried about their attrition plan at that position.

And with all that, the one that is really, really hurting this organization still and by far, is the Cooks contract. Two seasons out, and nearly twice the dead money of Gurley. Over a $20M dead money hit this year alone!!! :eek:

Did I leave something out??? :noidea:

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3