• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams are in trouble

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Sjax, their franchise Qb is hurt, they lost a WR..We all know the seahawks are bad, looks like it could come down to the us and the Cardinals for the division, just as most of as expected

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No Sjax, their franchise Qb is hurt, they lost a WR..We all know the seahawks are bad, looks like it could come down to the us and the Cardinals for the division, just as most of as expected

I wouldn't write the Rams off just yet. They weren't supposed to win early, anyway. But if Bradford, Jackson, Smith, or Bartell miss significant time, they're in bad shape. I'm assuming Amendola is out for awhile, if not the whole season.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bartell is now possible done for the season with two cracks in his neck. Amendola has been upgraded to week-to-week. He doesn't need surgery.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Bartell is now possible done for the season with two cracks in his neck. Amendola has been upgraded to week-to-week. He doesn't need surgery.

Just saw that re: Bartell. That's a big blow for them. Good news for them on Amendola, however, and Smith.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
either way, cadillac williams is their starting rb, thats not good

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should start off the season 0-2 since they are banged-up and playing an angry Giants team. Looking deeper at their schedule, they have a shot at starting off the season 0-7. I don't think they are that bad of team, but injuries and a tough schedule are a brutal combination.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
They should start off the season 0-2 since they are banged-up and playing an angry Giants team. Looking deeper at their schedule, they have a shot at starting off the season 0-7. I don't think they are that bad of team, but injuries and a tough schedule are a brutal combination.

Yeah, Washington isn't looking like the pushovers many (myself included) thought they would be. If the Rams lose this week - and even if they win - they might not/probably won't be favored again until they play the Cards. Though after the Saints game, only the Pittsburgh game looks really tough for them after that span. If they can get healthy by the season's midpoint and can stay upbeat, they should still be in the hunt in this division.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, Washington isn't looking like the pushovers many (myself included) thought they would be. If the Rams lose this week - and even if they win - they might not/probably won't be favored again until they play the Cards. Though after the Saints game, only the Pittsburgh game looks really tough for them after that span. If they can get healthy by the season's midpoint and can stay upbeat, they should still be in the hunt in this division.

Washington played well last weekend but I am just wondering whether is was brought on by the emotional lift of the occasion or the reality of the team itself

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Regarding being favored over the Cardinals:

I wish I knew if Arizona beat a bonifide Cam Newton and a good and resurging Carolina team. or if that is as close as they will get to a victory all season. If the former, then Whisenhunt, Kolb and Arizona are on par with the rest of the division, if not better.

Kolb was a wildcard going to Arizona, but the bigger wildcard was whether Whisenhunt & Miller would be able to do for Kolb what they did for Warner. While clearly too early to accurately predict, from what little I have seen, Kolb looked good and did so without Fitz putting up big #'s.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Washington played well last weekend but I am just wondering whether is was brought on by the emotional lift of the occasion or the reality of the team itself

Tough to draw any conclusions based on one game, and NY was banged up. Still, they looked pretty darn good from all accounts.

Re: Arizona, the same goes. We'll have to wait and see. Obviously their pass D is vulnerable. They have no outside pass rush and question marks at the corners (though obviously Peterson should see steady improvement). The offense is the big question mark. I didn't see the game, so I can't really judge. From what I hear, he moved well in the pocket. I'm still somewhat skeptical that he'll keep it up behind that OL, though.

NinerFaitful

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was actually at the Cardinal game rooting hard for the Panthers. Got the tix from work. Kolb looked very solid. He spread the ball around and moved the chains throughout the game. The score could have eaisly been 24 - 7 in favor of AZ at the half. They had a missed 30 yrd field goal and a fumble within the 5 yard line. In addition, they picked Cam off with about a minute to go in the half around mid-field which got called back for a roughing the passer penalty which gave Carolina the ball back. I thought it was a questionablt call. On the other side, Cam looked like the real deal. He was throwing darts all game. AZ were blitzing hard but the Panther oline did a a great job protecting Cam. If Kolb continues to improve, AZ could be dangerous. I think how they perform at the Skins will give us an idea at to what we are up agianst. I will say they are not the push-overs we stomped twice last year.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't overlook the Rams just yet.... It'll be a while(wk 11?) til we start playing division games again.... so a lot could happen.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Can't overlook the Rams just yet.... It'll be a while(wk 11?) til we start playing division games again.... so a lot could happen.

I think this is spot-on - I think it will take 14+ games to decide the NFC West. (Sounds like a poll question??)

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is spot-on - I think it will take 14+ games to decide the NFC West. (Sounds like a poll question??)

Yep... Spags has that defense in STL playing pretty well considering their personnel and such.

AZ well, their all gun gun gun.... fits Kolbs strength and the strength of the team after all their injuries at RB. Wells ain't doing a thing(a good draft pick, but nothing so far)

SEA, no one likes them.....

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
the way i look at it, the 49ers have to win regardless of what other West teams do? on any given Sunday, chit happens so can't judge too much off of schedules.

we wouldn't want to use the injury bug excuse so i'd think nor would the Rams? only your own fans care about who's injured anyway.

so take care of our own business meaning....when game day arrives, don't underestimate Arizona, St.Louis, or Seattle.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as we win the division and get into the playoffs to get the monkey off our back, I dont care how it happends, end of story

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Washington will fade as the season goes on. They were going against a Giants team with an injured Nicks and playing a secondary that is deep into its depth chart. Playing against a severely banged up defense made Rex look much better than he really is. Washington will be in last by the end of the season.