• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams 27, Saints 16-Sixth Win of the Season

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Fisher gets these guys ready to play, the difference is blatantly obvious. We started on the first play from scrimmage and continued all the way through the game with another complete game by all facets similar to what we did to the Colts in Indy.

When the offense scores in the first quarter, good outcomes are on the horizon for us and today was no different. Laurinaitus got everyone going by stating that the Defense has to set the tone and that they did by intercepting Brees on the first play of the game. If this team can play this way more consistently, we are going to be pretty damn good in the future.

On offense. The positives. Starting with the O-line who had no penalties and gave up no sacks. They blocked well all day long giving Clemens plenty of time and opening up holes for Stacy with the run. Stacy finished the day going 27 carries for 132 yards with no fumbles. The team rushed for 144 yards on 34 carries. Clemens had a decent day going 14/20 for 158 yards and no INTs or fumbles. Pettis was big man on the catches with 4 for 41 yards and some key first downs. Overall, the WRs and the TEs had a very good day both blocking and catching as Harkey was high man amongst the TEs.

The negatives. Not much here. The O-line played very well especially with Saffold at guard and Barksdale at tackle with Kendricks and Harkey providing great blocking on the runs by Stacy.

On defense. The positives. Another awesome complete game by the defense. Our Elite Eight were awesome today and they swapped out interchangeably disrupting the Saints explosive offense. They sacked Brees three times. They intercepted him twice and they forced a fumble. We beat up the Saints offense stopping Brees on a number of occasions. Quinn had two sacks and C.Long, Brockers, Hayes, and Langford all played great. Even Conrath had a sack. The LBs were stellar as well with all three having great games. McDonald and Johnson had INTs and McLeod and Stewart had some great stops all game long. Overall, just awesome!!

The negatives. Very little here either. C. Long had his usual offsides but other than that, just plain stout!!

STs. The positives. We had an onsides trickery play in the first half that worked to perfection. Zuerlein was awesome today because had his usual field goal but his greater contribution was consistent kickoffs out of the endzone forcing no returns. Langford and Brockers both blocked a FG today and we kept the Saints out of the endzone most of the game.

The negatives. They had some mix-up on an onsides kick at the end of the game that gave the ball back to New Orleans but the defense bailed them out and we held on for the win.

When we play like this, we are capable of beating anyone even Seattle who looks like they are unbeatable at this juncture. Onward we go 6-8 and Tampa comes to town next week. Great game!!!

mikey728

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to admit that I missed this game all to hell, with regard to the outcome...Could have been just as bad the other way except for the Brees ints...The 1st set up an early score for the Rams and the 2nd cost the 'Aints a score...The momentum could have beeen totally different except for those plays...Proof again that this team goes as the D goes...Fun day to watch Rams football !!!

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys: Very good win today. Get ready to take the trash out in two weeks.

Thanks,

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I was surprised, but happily so. It seems the Rams simply have the Saints' number.

Rams can and should beat Tampa Bay.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you again for great points retro, my son and I went Christmas shopping at Cabalas today and I missed the game. I also missed this outcome but can see improvement when we score early.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a crazy game. Hats off to our defense. Our front 7 were good, but the secondary kept things under wrap very nicely as well.

And Clemens on 3rd down was pretty flipping good.

So much for our season being trashed once Bradford went down. That gane yesterday shows how good the NFC West is... The last place team beating perhaps one of the best teams in the NFC!

Last edited by a moderator:

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a crazy game. Hats off to our defense. Our front 7 were good, but the secondary kept things under wrap very nicely as well.

And Clemens on 3rd down was pretty flipping good.

So much for our season being trashed once Bradford went down. That gane yesterday shows how good the NFC West is... The last place team beating perhaps one of the best teams in the NFC!

Just a well-played and well coached game from everyone involved with the Rams. So much more enjoyable to watch. Apparently the Saints just don't like playing in the Ed Jones Dome. It must be that intimidating fan base, LOL.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple math, really...

Good defense + effective running game + Clemens capped at 20 attempts = Rams victory.

Geaux home, Saints! :yahoo:

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... oh yeah... and excellent execution, all around. :thumb:

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple math, really...

Good defense + effective running game + Clemens capped at 20 attempts = Rams victory.

Geaux home, Saints! :yahoo:

:agree: When the Rams play weel it's really a simple formula. Run the ball well, get after the QB and create turnovers. As I mentioned in another thread. This has worked in the NFL forever and will continue to work long after we are all gone. No matter how much the game changes.

Blazer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great read thanks !