• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Raiders

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They say they're improved but I believe they won't top last year's record.

AFC East
They're losing at least 2 here. I have them slated to go 0-4, but they could maybe beat the Jets and Dolphins/Pats.

NFC South
I don't see them beating Atlanta and TB. Carolina I see as the win, and NO is up in the air because it could be a game the Saints find a way to lose in a emotional opener for the Raiders.

I don't think they're better than Cleveland so they are not winning there. You better hope the Colts are not improved for the Raiders to win that game. Week 14 is when the playoff teams win.

Division
I thought about a KC split but I'm staying with another sweep. They're splitting with Denver. Can they sweep the Chargers again?

So before week 11, if Raiders beat Carolina, NO, LAC, and Denver they are 4-5. By week 13, they would be 4-7 going into playing the Jets. A 5-7 record will keep them in it for week 14. But a loss will drop them to 4-8, likely pushing them out.

Even if they did beat the Colts to go 6-7, they should beat the Chargers and let's say they beat the Dolphins here. But they'll lose to Denver, making them 8-8. If they pull off a week 3 win against NE, then they are 6-6 after beating the Jets, but they are probably losing at least one game to the Pats/Jets/Dolphins. They're still at best 8-8.

Ultimately, a one game improvement makes little sense so I say they regress and lose the bigger games.

• Poop
Reactions: DJ

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The premise that they're improved but won't actually improve their record is actually pretty plausible. It would not be super shocking if they bumped their PD to say 0 (was -106 last year) and were very obviously giving playoff teams a run for their money, but still finished 7-9.

Would probably be one of the teams that benefits most from the introduction of a 7th seed.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll go 16-0

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking Think GIF by Originals

Raiders were aided by a very easy schedule last year...

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did pick them to go 8-8 after the Broncos lost Miller. But I had them winning week 1 and I had them winning against either NO or TB. If they don't beat TB, then they have their two wins. They're not beating Atlanta.