• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Raiders

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they trade for Antonio Brown for a 3rd and 5th round pick.

They are rumored to be in on LeVeon Bell.

They have 3 1st round picks, including #4 overall. Could they pull the string on Haskins and remake their offense in one fell swoop?

Keep Carr, let him get destroyed for one more year behind that oline as they rebuild. Then the following year they move into Las Vegas with Haskins, Brown and Bell and some new talent infused in that team?

Raiders could be on the rise. The Chiefs offense is legit, but their defense is suspect. Denver has a legit D but their offense is suspect. The Chargers have really good players on both sides of the ball, but led by a very old QB in terms of football youth. Raiders could be knocking on that door with a move like Bell and Haskins as well.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe they figure they can get it done with Carr.

when you look at mid-tier QBs, any of them with a decent set of weapons and OL to protect them will do fairly well. We've seen it first hand with Dandy Andy.

and please, I'm not trying to bait the people who still believe Andy is a top 5QB. please leave me the fuck alone.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe they figure they can get it done with Carr.

when you look at mid-tier QBs, any of them with a decent set of weapons and OL to protect them will do fairly well. We've seen it first hand with Dandy Andy.

and please, I'm not trying to bait the people who still believe Andy is a top 5QB. please leave me the fuck alone.

You need to relax my friend. I know you are bitter and you have a right to be. However, I wouldn't put so much mental effort into this leisure activity of ours, called Bengals football. Watch the games for fun, we win, great, we don't, oh well. Doesn't affect our every day lives. If the Bengals win or lose, I am still getting up each day to go to work to earn a pay check, spend my time with my family, go to church, live my life. It is something to entertain me during my extra hours.

The message board acts as a fun place to discuss my favorite team and sports with somewhat like minded folks and even opposing team fan rivals. People are not going to always share my thoughts, may not have the same level of dedication as me, some more, some less. But this board is for fun, and if I am not having fun just talking with others on here, I am not going to be here. I think as long as you decide to be part of the board, you should relax and enjoy your time more. Don't get so stressed and upset. It isn't worth it. Life is too short and there are many things capable of making us feel happy to worry about the things that don't.

Live to enjoy.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go. The Raiders make one good move in several years, now all of sudden they are on the rise.

Congrats on landing Brown. He’s a generational talent. Now you get to deal with all the baggage that comes with that talent. Keep in mind Gruden was the same guy who couldn’t get along with Keyshawn back in the day. You’re talking about also adding LeVeon to that mix. Fresh off a year long holdout. What could possibly go wrong.

This is still the team that traded away a potential HOFer at a premium position just a few months ago. Let’s see what they do with the draft picks. I really don’t understand everyone’s desire to replace Derek Carr.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go. The Raiders make one good move in several years, now all of sudden they are on the rise.

Congrats on landing Brown. He’s a generational talent. Now you get to deal with all the baggage that comes with that talent. Keep in mind Gruden was the same guy who couldn’t get along with Keyshawn back in the day. You’re talking about also adding LeVeon to that mix. Fresh off a year long holdout. What could possibly go wrong.

This is still the team that traded away a potential HOFer at a premium position just a few months ago. Let’s see what they do with the draft picks. I really don’t understand everyone’s desire to replace Derek Carr.

I don't care about the Raiders, but with that said, if Carr was our QB I would be looking to trade him or move on. He is starting to look more like David Carr than the promising young Derek Carr from a few years ago.

Hopefully, during that process for Antonio, they were making him away of who Gruden is, his temperament and that he might get his feelings hurt from time to time and that this new contract should inspire him to keep his mouth shut in social media.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders stole your plans for the Colts.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to relax my friend. I know you are bitter and you have a right to be. However, I wouldn't put so much mental effort into this leisure activity of ours, called Bengals football. Watch the games for fun, we win, great, we don't, oh well. Doesn't affect our every day lives. If the Bengals win or lose, I am still getting up each day to go to work to earn a pay check, spend my time with my family, go to church, live my life. It is something to entertain me during my extra hours.

The message board acts as a fun place to discuss my favorite team and sports with somewhat like minded folks and even opposing team fan rivals. People are not going to always share my thoughts, may not have the same level of dedication as me, some more, some less. But this board is for fun, and if I am not having fun just talking with others on here, I am not going to be here. I think as long as you decide to be part of the board, you should relax and enjoy your time more. Don't get so stressed and upset. It isn't worth it. Life is too short and there are many things capable of making us feel happy to worry about the things that don't.

Live to enjoy.

I made a seriously valid point before digressing. I'm shell shocked.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders stole your plans for the Colts.

They did indeed so far. I think a playoff Colts with 100 million to spend and a Brown / Bell would have made them potentially AFC Favorites with the Chiefs and Patriots.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did indeed so far. I think a playoff Colts with 100 million to spend and a Brown / Bell would have made them potentially AFC Favorites with the Chiefs and Patriots.

The smartest teams in the NFL stay out of the early parts of FA. Look at the deals getting handed out. The Raiders just paid a Tackle ridiculous money when he is at best average. If they go and sign Bell to a big deal making him the highest paid RB then to me they have overpaid 3 players with two of them being known as locker room issues.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The smartest teams in the NFL stay out of the early parts of FA. Look at the deals getting handed out. The Raiders just paid a Tackle ridiculous money when he is at best average. If they go and sign Bell to a big deal making him the highest paid RB then to me they have overpaid 3 players with two of them being known as locker room issues.

Getting paid may solve some of those locker room hangups. We will see. Raiders are by far the worst team in that division though, so to sign a Bell and Brown would thrust them up into potential respectability and help them compete in that division.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting paid may solve some of those locker room hangups. We will see. Raiders are by far the worst team in that division though, so to sign a Bell and Brown would thrust them up into potential respectability and help them compete in that division.

Problem for them is that defense is still down right terrible. Yes they have the 3 1st round picks to help with that some but to me there were a lot of better things they could have done with that money. First off them getting rid of Oso for a late round pick to then bring in Trent Brown on a megadeal is at best a sideways move.

Antonio Brown is a huge upgrade for sure and Bell would be a big upgrade as well but those contracts mean less money elsewhere. Can't sign all the top guys in FA to record setting deals and hope to still function well.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
With Antonio Brown's work ethic I expect him to be a top WR into his mid 30s.

I'm happy to have him out of the division.

I like the direction Gruden's taking the Raiders in right now. 3 first round picks and one of the best playmakers in football in one offseason.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Antonio Brown's work ethic I expect him to be a top WR into his mid 30s.

I'm happy to have him out of the division.

I like the direction Gruden's taking the Raiders in right now. 3 first round picks and one of the best playmakers in football in one offseason.

To get those 1st round picks they had to trade away two very highly productive players. Personally if I were the Raiders I would rather have Mack signed to a big deal and kept their receiver on his rookie deal compared to now paying Brown his huge deal and hoping some draft picks work out.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
To get those 1st round picks they had to trade away two very highly productive players. Personally if I were the Raiders I would rather have Mack signed to a big deal and kept their receiver on his rookie deal compared to now paying Brown his huge deal and hoping some draft picks work out.

Cooper's base salary for this year is 14 million dollars.

I'd take the picks, the capspace and arguably the best playmaker in football but there's an argument for both sides

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders should go full Raider.

They want star power when they move to Vegas.

#4, #24 and #27 to NYG for Beckham, #6 and #37

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see this ending well.

It was a money move, pure and simple, but Brown will not be as effective as he was in Pitt. I think you can take that to the bank. He'll have 1 decent year, and then that will be it. If I'm wrong, I'll be here Jwil style.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it almost seems pointless until Brady retires, lol.

someone ought to be able to rise to the top though.

maybe if Andy Dalton takes steroids.