• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Raiders on Hard Knocks

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that dysfunction can be the only factor. The Browns last year and the Raiders this year had the element of being a bad team that made major changes that could make them competitors, and I think that's what made them great picks - and it's what could have made the Jets a great choice this year.

The Giants have been horrible the last two years and may end up potentially being even worse this season. Yes, Barkley is elite, but what's the storyline there?
They play the Cowboys, Eagles and Redskins twice a year. Do they need extra storylines?

Oakland was -11 PPG point differential last year so they are coming in pretty much the same as Cleveland last year. Except without a QB change.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They play the Cowboys, Eagles and Redskins twice a year. Do they need extra storylines?

Oakland was -11 PPG point differential last year so they are coming in pretty much the same as Cleveland last year. Except without a QB change.
They've always played the Cowboys, Eagles, and Redskins twice a year. Who cares? There's no real storyline there.

Oakland made some big changes both to the front office and the players. They just have more appeal IMO than the Giants. They're going to be a much more interesting team to follow this year.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oakland made some big changes both to the front office and the players. They just have more appeal IMO than the Giants. They're going to be a much more interesting team to follow this year.
I guess. I just kinda see them in the same light as the Bengals.

Mediocre QB that sticks around, elite WR talent, sub par defense. Both teams have the potential to make some noise but maybe in the wrong divisions.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess. I just kinda see them in the same light as the Bengals.

Mediocre QB that sticks around, elite WR talent, sub par defense. Both teams have the potential to make some noise but maybe in the wrong divisions.
I think Carr is better than mediocre. The last time he was fully healthy and not surrounded by dysfunction, he had back-to-back amazing years. I think he's a great bounceback candidate this year. I'd obviously take him any day over Eli right now. They have the most productive WR in the league over the last 5 years on the roster, and they made some other very solid additions through FA and the draft. They could be a sneaky pick for a wild card this year if Gruden doesn't fuck it up.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Carr is better than mediocre. The last time he was fully healthy and not surrounded by dysfunction, he had back-to-back amazing years. I think he's a great bounceback candidate this year.
I'm trying to think of QBs that took 6+ years to break out.

Alex Smith?

Its not a very common thing.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has a hard knocks team ever made the playoffs the same year?

Thinking off the top of my head but the ravens had to make the playoffs the year when they were on hard knocks

Baltimore Ravens (2001) -5th seed wildcard-won the wildcard-Lost to steelers in divisional round
Dallas Cowboys (2002)-Nope didnt make it
Kansas City Chiefs (2007)-Nope didnt make it
Dallas Cowboys (2008)-Nope didnt make it again
Cincinnati Bengals (2009)-Yep won the division, 4th seed, Lost to the jets in the WC game of course, LMAO andy dalton and @mrschaney
New York Jets (2010)-yep 6th seed, Wildcard, went to the AFC championship game and choked against Pittsburgh
Miami Dolphins (2012)- Lets be serious
Cincinnati Bengals (2013)-Yep won the division, 3rd seed, obviously lost in the wildcard game to sandiego, again lmao at andy dalton and @mrschaney
Atlanta Falcons (2014)-nope didnt make it
Houston Texans (2015)-Yep, won the division, 4th seed, Lost the divisional round to Pats
Los Angeles Rams (2016)- Nope
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2017) Nope
Cleveland Browns (2018) -Nope didnt make it
Oakland Raiders (2019)-TBD

I think i got that right, i may have goofed up. But if im right 5 teams on hard knocks made the playoffs. So 5 out of 13.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baltimore Ravens (2001) -5th seed wildcard-won the wildcard-Lost to steelers in divisional round
Dallas Cowboys (2002)-Nope didnt make it
Kansas City Chiefs (2007)-Nope didnt make it
Dallas Cowboys (2008)-Nope didnt make it again
Cincinnati Bengals (2009)-Yep won the division, 4th seed, Lost to the jets in the WC game of course, LMAO andy dalton and @mrschaney
New York Jets (2010)-yep 6th seed, Wildcard, went to the AFC championship game and choked against Pittsburgh
Miami Dolphins (2012)- Lets be serious
Cincinnati Bengals (2013)-Yep won the division, 3rd seed, obviously lost in the wildcard game to sandiego, again lmao at andy dalton and @mrschaney
Atlanta Falcons (2014)-nope didnt make it
Houston Texans (2015)-Yep, won the division, 4th seed, Lost the divisional round to Pats
Los Angeles Rams (2016)- Nope
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2017) Nope
Cleveland Browns (2018) -Nope didnt make it
Oakland Raiders (2019)-TBD

I think i got that right, i may have goofed up. But if im right 5 teams on hard knocks made the playoffs. So 5 out of 13.
Well that was thorough.
Much oblige

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trying to think of QBs that took 6+ years to break out.

Alex Smith?

Its not a very common thing.
In his 2nd and 3rd seasons, he averaged 3,962 yards, 30 TD, and 9 INT. I'd call those breakout seasons, wouldn't you? He hasn't been truly healthy the last two years, and his supporting cast/coaching staff has been largely crap.