• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Raiders are the worst team in the NFL

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OAK...kinda knew they screwed up with that Gruden signing, but I didn't forsee them or NYG being THIS bad. McKenzie is in the crosshairs in OAK because we know Gruden ain't going nowhere.

The Cards I kinds felt would be a struggle this season.

I definitely see McKenzie being on the way out. He built this team and had control. Gruden has been given a lot of power and from what I've read around here locally Gruden has final say on personnel matters so McKenzie really has had the rug pulled out from under him. Even if not forced out I could see him wanting to leave if a better opportunity presents itself

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the Cards or 49ers.....sucks that Jimmy G go hurt.

There's a lot of bad teams in the League.

Having watched both the 49ers and Raiders this year, I would say both look about the same this year. But when Jimmy G went down along with everyone else, it was expected. Scary the Raiders are playing the way they are with Carr playing QB.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at one time, i had heard that the nfl would not allow teams to temporarily play in a stadium that didn't meet certain NFL standards ... obviously that was false because of the Chargers situation so I suppose the Raiders can go play wherever the hell they want

Does the Oakland Coliseum meet NFL standards? :D

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having watched both the 49ers and Raiders this year, I would say both look about the same this year. But when Jimmy G went down along with everyone else, it was expected. Scary the Raiders are playing the way they are with Carr playing QB.
Posted this in another thread. This screams worst team. Sorry Raiders and Niners... I ain't y'all

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely see McKenzie being on the way out. He built this team and had control. Gruden has been given a lot of power and from what I've read around here locally Gruden has final say on personnel matters so McKenzie really has had the rug pulled out from under him. Even if not forced out I could see him wanting to leave if a better opportunity presents itself

Yep...word I'm hearing is there was friction with Mack's negotation, but it was Gruden that said cut bait and trade him. Gruden made the Martavious Bryant trade as well.

So...with the new sheriff in town he's going to want his own deputies...you give a man a $100 mil deal to coach the team, you let him pick the groceries too, but that all empowered HC concept has proven to not work that well in the NFL.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...word I'm hearing is there was friction with Mack's negotation, but it was Gruden that said cut bait and trade him. Gruden made the Martavious Bryant trade as well.

So...with the new sheriff in town he's going to want his own deputies...you give a man a $100 mil deal to coach the team, you let him pick the groceries too, but that all empowered HC concept has proven to not work that well in the NFL.

Yep - here we go again. Mike Shanahan, Joe Gibbs, Mike Holmgren, etc. These SB winning coaches generally fare a lot worse in their return to football. There are numerous reasons including age & big egos. However one of the biggest problems is that these guys usually demand a dual role or at least much greater personnel responsibilities.

They forget that they did well previously with another team where there was a GM in charge who was much better in that role than any of them. Oh well - maybe Gruden will turn this around over time, but the odds don't appear to be in his favor.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep - here we go again. Mike Shanahan, Joe Gibbs, Mike Holmgren, etc. These SB winning coaches generally fare a lot worse in their return to football. There are numerous reasons including age & big egos. However one of the biggest problems is that these guys usually demand a dual role or at least much greater personnel responsibilities.

They forget that they did well previously with another team where there was a GM in charge who was much better in that role than any of them. Oh well - maybe Gruden will turn this around over time, but the odds don't appear to be in his favor.

Exactly...these guys know they need a GM, but they want the final say as well and historically it just hasn't worked out well for the team or the coach. You can't be in every scouting meeting, every player tape review...so you have these yes men doing the grunt work and you decide...a lot of times they fail.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,201.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's Gruden's 1st year, Carr's 3rd-4h OC in 5 seasons, and after Mack was traded.....this was bound to be a lost season.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nuh uh, Seattle's defense is just really good.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For real though, I can't tell you guys how much I laughed my ass off watching that game yesterday. If Seattle doesn't kill themselves with penalties that's a 45-3 type game. But the best part was watching the Seahawks actually be able to run the ball and actually be able to pass protect. God damn that got me hard.

The O-line wasn't even spectacular, but it was solid. That's in stark contrast to the wet toilet paper the Raiders trotted out there. Their line sucked. It's amazing, the Raider's offensive line was playing worse than Seattle's has the past few years. It's almost like Seattle had a complete fucking retard coaching their O-line the last few years and then when he finally got canned the Raiders went out and hired that same guy to coach their O-line.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooper would look good in Atlanta . Maybe he can play safety

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they're playing awful. Gruden's been horrible, he may be signed for 10 yrs. but doubt he'll last that long.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Gruden's 1st year, Carr's 3rd-4h OC in 5 seasons, and after Mack was traded.....this was bound to be a lost season.

I am not writing Gruden off yet but I was expecting the offense and Carr to look a little better this year. The Raiders need to hit on the draft picks they have after the Mack trade. How they draft will determine where this team will be over the next few years.