• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Raider Week

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was definitely a game set up for the Broncos to lose. So much went against them including things they did to themselves.

DT with his drops--I cannot say with confidence that DT is our top receiver anymore. He's lost some of his athleticism that made up for some drops. Now it just all looks bad. Almost cost us the game with such a bad drop there at the end.

Penalties in crucial moments--Just drove me nuts to see an OL player get a hold call when they were not even close to the play. That is just not smart football.

OF course then you have the 2 TD's that were not TD's. You have the 40 yard play to Sutton that ended up getting overturned only to show he was badly interfered with.

Keenum with a Red Zone turnover. The offense finally gets something going in the 1st half to only see the drive end on a bad decision and throw.

Even with the Broncos maybe bringing their C game to this matchup they still found a way to ride the waves of the game and find a way to win it at the end. Like some have already said the team last year would have taken that C game and turned it into an F game in a hurry. No way the team would have stayed in it. Defense would have given up in the 2nd half after watching the offense do jack squat in the 1st. So it is good to see for sure.

Also can't believe some (not on this site) are disagreeing with Vance Joseph's decision to go for it on the 1 for the TD. You are probably not going to get an easier opportunity to score the TD. I would rather take my chance in that situation than hope my team can drive down the field in a hurry and somehow score a TD. Bold move that once again wouldn't have happened last year. I like the growth I have seen from Vance Joseph.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@cdumler7 I still have no clue how they can review a pass for complete or incomplete and see the DPI and not call it. I remember when Manning was our guy one game they blew a play dead before the snap because one of the crew was looking up on the replay screen and saw a penalty on the play prior. So that’s ok but you can’t assess pass interference on review when it’s obvious that’s the reason it was incomplete? This league needs to get its shit together.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penalties are not reviewable in the NFL as part of instant replay. If they did that the game would take a VERY long time. You'd have to review every play.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@cdumler7 I still have no clue how they can review a pass for complete or incomplete and see the DPI and not call it. I remember when Manning was our guy one game they blew a play dead before the snap because one of the crew was looking up on the replay screen and saw a penalty on the play prior. So that’s ok but you can’t assess pass interference on review when it’s obvious that’s the reason it was incomplete? This league needs to get its shit together.

It would be tough for me as an official to see yes the pass was incomplete yet the reason it was incomplete was because it was an obvious interference and now not only am I taking away the catch but because I messed up at my job this team is losing one of the biggest plays of the game.

I understand why they don't review penalties as any team out there could ask for a review on a TD by the other team because they can find a penalty somewhere. I remember one of our TD's against the Seahawks I think Bolles was like 5 yards down the field before the QB ever threw the football. So easy for the Seahawks to throw a flag and say "hey this guy was too far down the field take away the TD". Just a difficult place to be as an official and even though I guess it didn't work out for us on this play I would rather them not review penalties at this point.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The IFL league that I do football recruiting for passed a new rule last year where you can challenge any play for any reason. Penalty included. It was ridiculous this year. You only get so many challenges but so many stoppages in play because everyone would find a way to find a penalty on almost any TD, some sort of holding or illegal formation.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't review for penalties, but it does stink in this case where it was incomplete due to a penalty that was missed. I think (as pointed out above) sometimes they go your way and sometimes not. Part of the game.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on the win, guys.

It still smarts a little. We had it in the bag until Keenum morphed back into Minnesota Keenum.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense played pretty well overall....Carr bounced back and Coop had a good game. But, we still lost. Hopefully, we can win when y'all come to The Black Hole.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penalties are not reviewable in the NFL as part of instant replay. If they did that the game would take a VERY long time. You'd have to review every play.

I don’t think they should review plays for penalties, but that one plays that are already being reviewed, if an obvious penalty has affected the outcome of the play it should be called accordingly.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think they should review plays for penalties, but that one plays that are already being reviewed, if an obvious penalty has affected the outcome of the play it should be called accordingly.

Sooo, really you're saying plays should be reviewed for penalties. ;)

I get it- It is frustrating. But I get why the NFL doesn't do it too.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belichick is for all penalties being reviewable

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big timer, name drop alert!

Had a GREAT time at the game. Got to go down on the field after the game and got to meet a few of the guys in the player's parking lot afterwards. Von Miller was just chillin a few feet away (got a couple good pics with him) and Conner McGovern offered me a beer!

My connection is to Matt Paradis (through my boss). Got to have dinner with he and his folks that night (thank God we won). They are amazing people. Matt's Mom and Dad drove us around and are generally awesome.

Comeback win vs the hated Raiders made it that much sweeter. Bucket list material for sure!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Had a GREAT time at the game. Got to go down on the field after the game and got to meet a few of the guys in the player's parking lot afterwards. Von Miller was just chillin a few feet away (got a couple good pics with him) and Conner McGovern offered me a beer!

My connection is to Matt Paradis (through my boss). Got to have dinner with he and his folks that night (thank God we won). They are amazing people. Matt's Mom and Dad drove us around and are generally awesome.

Comeback win vs the hated Raiders made it that much sweeter. Bucket list material for sure!

Crash will want to marry you - or at least date you - now that you have a Paradis connection (Lucky You)

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooo, really you're saying plays should be reviewed for penalties. ;)

I get it- It is frustrating. But I get why the NFL doesn't do it too.

Not at all. Read it again. The play in question was ALREADY BEING REVIEWED to determine if it was a completion or not. In such cases, since they are AREADY REVIEWING the play, if it shows a penalty then one should be assessed. Again, not saying all plays should be reviewed but those that ARE ALREADY BEING REVIEWED should be eligible for assessing penalties.

Last edited:

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But did you get to keep the cup Paradis drank out of?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all. Read it again. The play in question was ALREADY BEING REVIEWED to determine if it was a completion or not. In such cases, since they are AREADY REVIEWING the play, if it shows a penalty then one should be assessed. Again, not saying all plays should be reviewed but those that ARE ALREADY BEING REVIEWED should be eligible for assessing penalties.

Sooo, what you're really saying is penalties should be reviewable? ;)

Think about that.

You could question any penalty in that case by challenging the spot of the ball or if something was a catch or what not.

Hey there is PI and it's obvious so since the pass was incomplete lets challenge that the receiver actually caught it when we knew he did not just to be able to pick up the PI that the official missed.

Ya see why that won't work now?

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But coaches would then be challenging plays when they suspect a penalty, so a penalty becomes challengeable.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But coaches would then be challenging plays when they suspect a penalty, so a penalty becomes challengeable.

If they feel they can win that challenge why not? Besides, they’d still have to have a “legit” reason to challenge the play anyway. If it’s a clear catch because OPI for example a coach isn’t going to challenge the catch to draw the penalty. The risk to the timeout lost and other legit challenges is too high. Only the plays that typically draw challenges under today’s construct would continue to draw challenges for the same reasons they currently draw them.