• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rags to Riches ...Dave Righetti shines

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard Mike Krukow talk about coaches and the inability of the Hall of Fame to recognize great coaches that dedicate themselves to the game over the long haul. Kruk makes a great point and I totally agree with him.

Dave Righetti has been a tremendous pitcher in the game and then dedicated himself to helping other pitchers after he retired from throwing the rock. He is a mans man of the game and he knows when to pick a guy up and when to kick a guy in his ass to get him going. He always seems to know when to make a trip to the mound but also when to back off and let his players work themselves out of a tough spot. At the game Tuesday night Lincecum got into a bases loaded jam and Rags did his trot out to the mound to talk things over. He then turned calmly back around and trotted back to the dugout.

Lincecum then did his thing and shut down the Cards without a run scoring and it changed the whole vibe of the game. Knowing what to say to a player or a pitcher at times during the game can be a art form. Every player is different and you can see the street smarts of Righetti shine through. He knows how to get people out and he relays his knowledge in a language that players understand.

Rags might also be one of the best to take players on the side and work with them in between starts which can be the difference in a pitcher going into a prolonged slump or getting their groove back. Rags is the groove master. Raghetti could be another guy on Bochy's staff who could be a Manager but he loves doing what he does as a pitching coach here in the Bay Area.

Coaches do deserve more credit especially from the Hall of Fame. Krukow had a great idea that like broadcasters and writers get into the Hall ,at least one coach should be inducted each year. I am totally on board with that idea. In my opinion Raghetti has been building a Hall of Fame career in MLB and should be recognized for it down the line . As a Giants fan I am glad he is on our side.

Go Giants !!

:suds::clap:

If you want to laugh your ass off Rags did a interview with Tom Tolbert on KNBR on July 1st. He is a great story teller (another great quality of a coach) and he had me in laughing pretty hard. Go to KNBR.com and go to Podcasts on Tolbert's site to hear it. It is great radio.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something else to add on Rags.Tomorrow is the Anniversary of his No-Hitter.

July 4th , 1983 Rags threw his No-Hitter at Yankee Stadium. Happy Anniversary Rags

on youtube...

Dave Righetti throws a no-hitter (last out)

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of No-Hitters Bumgarner is the next one on my list. It would be a hell of a story if Bum threw it today the day before the tall left hander Raghetti threw his in 1983. Shit that reminds me I got to get going to the yard. Time for the Giants to kick some ass today. Here we go...All in !