• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

R.I.P. 2019-20 NBA Season

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With two all-stars having contracted the virus - This season is history, folks.
Later ya'll... :peace:

I've linked some remembrance vids if you're interested:

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,096.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not over.....analysts today were saying it could resume in a month or so and end a month later than usual.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only that they are saying they could delay the start of the next season

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not over.....analysts today were saying it could resume in a month or so and end a month later than usual.

I hope so,

but the reality is that the Coronavirus pandemic is going to be a lot more widespread in a month. 0% chance the entire league is going to be able to successfully self quarantine and stay corona free.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thing hasn't peaked yet, probably another month or so out from that

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thats a shame.

while i am hugely bummed out about the NCAA Tournament being cancelled, as a Cavs fan, locking in the 2nd worst record and ending this awful season is just fine with me.

Now, to teams that are doing great, it has to be a real punch in the balls.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

stick a fork in this season.

i wonder how long the baseball season will be- the last strike shortened season was 144 games (i only remember that because the Indians won an incredible 100 games in a 144 game strike shortened season)

I bet MLB gets in 100 games- if that. It would surprise me if things are totally normal even by May 1.

Maybe they do a truncated version of the NBA playoffs- thats possible, but whatever it is- its not going to be the full almost 2 month NBA reagular post season. itll be some half-ass version of it, if they have it at all.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say they give the bucks the title now

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats a shame.

while i am hugely bummed out about the NCAA Tournament being cancelled, as a Cavs fan, locking in the 2nd worst record and ending this awful season is just fine with me.

Now, to teams that are doing great, it has to be a real punch in the balls.
Selfishly definitely helps us as with a full schedule we are playing a little better and there are a handful of teams within a few games we might have "caught".

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
upload_2020-3-13_8-25-34.png too late, this season is marked. If they start it back up next month no one will care.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA is expressing unprecedented cowardliness. They have ruined the season. The first winning season for my Lakers in years and its over. That sucks!

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stick a fork in this season.

i wonder how long the baseball season will be- the last strike shortened season was 144 games (i only remember that because the Indians won an incredible 100 games in a 144 game strike shortened season)

I bet MLB gets in 100 games- if that. It would surprise me if things are totally normal even by May 1.

Maybe they do a truncated version of the NBA playoffs- thats possible, but whatever it is- its not going to be the full almost 2 month NBA reagular post season. itll be some half-ass version of it, if they have it at all.

Speaking from the perspective of my teams, I'm good with the season cancelling. The Nuggets have played like shit since the all-star break and the Pacers can't seem to get healthy.

I will say that the idea of playing games in July and August is fucking retarded. Hindering future seasons simply for the sake of completing a season that's already been lost in counterproductive.

As far as I'm concerned, the only reason the league would allow the season to resume would be to suck up to LeBron.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking from the perspective of my teams, I'm good with the season cancelling. The Nuggets have played like shit since the all-star break and the Pacers can't seem to get healthy.

I will say that the idea of playing games in July and August is fucking retarded. Hindering future seasons simply for the sake of completing a season that's already been lost in counterproductive.

As far as I'm concerned, the only reason the league would allow the season to resume would be to suck up to LeBron.

No way.

You finish the season if at all possible.

even if it means going straight to playoffs and playing best of 5s that end in August.

Then delay the start of next season and play a shortened schedule. Then back on track by start of the following season.

Going a year with no champion crowned is far more damaging then adjusting off season schedules, season start times etc. There are many legacies on the line here, not just LeBron. And with championship windows for teams as short as they are these days, it would be a real shame to lose a season like this.

But no surprised that you would again hyper focus on LeBron in this post.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

it'll be interesting. MLB did cancel the World Series because of a strike one year in fairly "recent" history.

It just depends on how long this takes to resolve. If this resolves in 1 month, there will probably be a scaled back playoffs, etc.

If this takes 2-3 months before its resolved, kiss the playoffs good bye.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the thing is, realistically, from everything that i have read from actual experts, they all think its going to be worse in a month then it is right now.

My guess is this lasts at least 2 months. Who knows though- obviously i am not a dr.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it'll be interesting. MLB did cancel the World Series because of a strike one year in fairly "recent" history.

It just depends on how long this takes to resolve. If this resolves in 1 month, there will probably be a scaled back playoffs, etc.

If this takes 2-3 months before its resolved, kiss the playoffs good bye.

2 months bring us to early May. NBA playoffs are about 2 months long and that was on a normal schedule. Change that to 1 day off between games and the season end in early July so basically 2 or 3 weeks after it was supposed to end.

The regular season is pointless. Only 1 playoffs spot was sort of up for grabs....In that race Memphis had a 3 game lead with 17 games left.