• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Quite simple...

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We put all of eggs in one basket and we failed.....

Where do we go from here?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we went all in any more than we have done in the past.

I think the biggest priority of the off-season is figuring out what happened to the offense and how it went from the best in football to barely functioning. Was it Russ? Was it regression to the mean? Was it coaching.

I worry that Pete's general philosophical approach to the game has become antiquated or requires such a specific skill set that we will never likely succeed with it.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we went all in any more than we have done in the past.

Totally agree. Our biggest issue going forward is definitely not that we went all in on 2020. We have fewer draft picks right now, but there are always ways to acquire more...and we almost always do. I mean, if we are just going to throw 4 yard passes all day, we might as well send DK to a team that wants to use him. He's worth quite a booty I'm sure.

I think the biggest priority of the off-season is figuring out what happened to the offense and how it went from the best in football to barely functioning. Was it Russ? Was it regression to the mean? Was it coaching.

It's a clear and obvious answer to me: I'm sounding like a broken record today I'm sure, but we have a fatally risk averse offensive approach, and it started when our defense made that huge in-season improvement (coinciding with playing against weak offenses). Teams didn't just suddenly figure Russell out after 8.5 years of building a HOF career. We are just scared to use him.

I worry that Pete's general philosophical approach to the game has become antiquated or requires such a specific skill set that we will never likely succeed with it.

Yep, this is where I'm at. We have hit the limit with him I think. Unless our defense returns to 2012-2014 level, we are not seeing another SB with Pete.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, this is where I'm at. We have hit the limit with him I think. Unless our defense returns to 2012-2014 level, we are not seeing another SB with Pete.

Yup. I love Pete. He's been incredible. But his decision to turtle up after Russ went through a tough spell, in large part due to injuries to key players, doomed this team.

Russ is one of the mobile QBs in the game and yet we have almost no boot playcalls. We refuse to do screens.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. I love Pete. He's been incredible. But his decision to turtle up after Russ went through a tough spell, in large part due to injuries to key players, doomed this team.

Russ is one of the mobile QBs in the game and yet we have almost no boot playcalls. We refuse to do screens.

That is one of the issues I see. Ps, I'm a outside the box thinker with a bad memory sometimes...

If Russ is the most mobile, then why not have some designed runs like Lamar?

Also as much as I like Carson, we gotta get somebody else in the draft. He has a huge HUGE Track record of being injured and being questionable all week before playing. If we resign Hyde then it goes down.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need innovation... A new set of eyes as our Head Coach imo... I'd rather see Pete resign and extend Schneider... Let Schneider have full control... I too believe that PC's best years are behind him... It's time to move on...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OL has been better but against top DL it disappears. OL needs big improvement again, and i dont trust schneider to do it.

The niners will he back next year and the rams will still be dominant, i just cant see competing with them if we cant build the OL with true studs at more than a few spots.
We need innovation... A new set of eyes as our Head Coach imo... I'd rather see Pete resign and extend Schneider... Let Schneider have full control... I too believe that PC's best years are behind him... It's time to move on...
I agree with this. If we are going to pay 40 mil per year for our qb lets get an offensive guru to work with him.

snoopgoofdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is the same problem they have had for years, Pete is all about defense. It all starts in the trenches. How many years has Russ been the most sacked QB in the league. He can't do shit while he is lying on his ass. When the Seahawks offense was rolling this year, they were playing soft teams. Also there were no preseason games this year so teams were still gelling. As boring as it sounds the draft should be offensive line, offensive line, over and over. If they are ever to make a deep run they have to be able to keep Russ off his ass.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete's philosophy of playing conservatively early and relying on turnovers to get the lead is not something you can count on without an absolutely dominating defense.

The Seahawks offense was one of the best in football to start the season. Defenses adjusted and we struggled for a couple of games and rather than counter those moves, the team decided to go back to super cautious football. Which made Russ tentative again. And our offense went from elite to mediocre.

When you have a weapon like Metcalf you should be game planning a deep ball to him early EVERY SINGLE game. If they play 2 deep, then exploit that. I got no sense that they were willing to go with intermediate routes after a clear out in those situations.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete's philosophy of playing conservatively early and relying on turnovers to get the lead is not something you can count on without an absolutely dominating defense.

The Seahawks offense was one of the best in football to start the season. Defenses adjusted and we struggled for a couple of games and rather than counter those moves, the team decided to go back to super cautious football. Which made Russ tentative again. And our offense went from elite to mediocre.

When you have a weapon like Metcalf you should be game planning a deep ball to him early EVERY SINGLE game. If they play 2 deep, then exploit that. I got no sense that they were willing to go with intermediate routes after a clear out in those situations.

Or, again me thinking outside the box, try using him as a RB.

I think it is LA game that I came up with this idea. What if we have formations were WR's are RB's and have a couple designed run plays?

That might help take some of the load off of Carson and crew and create confusion for defense.

Instead of wondering who is the RB, it's who is running with the ball?

Last edited:

snoopgoofdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is the same problem they have had for years, Pete is all about defense. It all starts in the trenches. How many years has Russ been the most sacked QB in the league. He can't do shit while he is lying on his ass. When the Seahawks offense was rolling this year, they were playing soft teams. Also there were no preseason games this year so teams were still gelling. As boring as it sounds the draft should be offensive line, offensive line, over and over. If they are ever to make a deep run they have to be able to keep Russ off his ass.
Funny how shortly after making this statement Russ stated his unhappiness, I guess I was reading his mind.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how shortly after making this statement Russ stated his unhappiness, I guess I was reading his mind.

I honestly think that Russ is saying the same thing that a lot of fans have been saying for a few years.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think that Russ is saying the same thing that a lot of fans have been saying for a few years.

Not only the fans but even the coach has stated "we have to protect better" many MANY times this is nothing new. We are starting to see the improvement and lets not just forget that. We had one of if not THE WORST oline in the NFL now we don't and I expect the continued growth. Just sucks they waited SO LONG to move on from Cable.

snoopgoofdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only the fans but even the coach has stated "we have to protect better" many MANY times this is nothing new. We are starting to see the improvement and lets not just forget that. We had one of if not THE WORST oline in the NFL now we don't and I expect the continued growth. Just sucks they waited SO LONG to move on from Cable.
can't argue with that

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the News is desperately searching for news so much so they have to make up news, and to be honest a Rumor of RUSSELL WILSON leaving the Seahawks would get more Clicks than Dak leaving Dallas or Rogers leaving GB because GB drafted "their" guy last draft. This is "New" and the hip thing to hop on to, to get fans of NFL clubs with out a franchise QB hyped and for maximum "clicks/views".

It really is that simple.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Establishing a good running game opens up the pass more, also play action for Russ ... It’s at those moments we can stick a big play with Met... I like how the Rams offense functions, so it’s encouraging we have a guy from that system now calling the shots ... Rams lived off play action from Goff.... I’m so tired of always being in Shotgun and always running the ball from shotgun, we’re too dam predictable ... Let’s get Russ behind center and start getting back to some old school football!!

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Establishing a good running game opens up the pass more, also play action for Russ ... It’s at those moments we can stick a big play with Met... I like how the Rams offense functions, so it’s encouraging we have a guy from that system now calling the shots ... Rams lived off play action from Goff.... I’m so tired of always being in Shotgun and always running the ball from shotgun, we’re too dam predictable ... Let’s get Russ behind center and start getting back to some old school football!!

You have to be able to actually run the ball effectively for the run game to open up the pass game.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It’s gotten flat... Pete is getting up there in age and it’s probably time to turn the page... He’s gonna be here for the next several years most likely, but the Seahawks shouldn’t extend him, hopefully at that point he retires... I like the guy overall, built a Super Bowl team and did it better than anyone before him in Seattle, but right now he’s doing some head scratching things....