• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Questions About Next Year...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...Is Eddie Lacy a surefire first rounder? What about Zac Stacy? What round will Doug Martin be taken? Ray Rice and Darren McFadden: mid to late round picks?

How will this crazy RB season play into next year? :scratch:

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't know right now. Could be that there will only be a hand full of first rd RB's with people shifting to stud WR's and QB's. Whatever crap the 'experts' spit out will be the way most people go.
I will say this, Lacy and Stacy will go long before McFadden and Rice. In whatever order; Peterson, Forte & McCoy will likely be the top 3 picks after that it could get interesting. ....

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna see a lot more WR's going in the first 2-3 rounds IMO. Megatron, Gordon, AJ, Dez, Marshall, Jeffery, DThomas, Julio and maybe even guys like Jordy (he was top 5 until Rodgers went out in my money league) and Djax will get consideration too. So most of us will have to figure whether we want to be in on the WR bonanza or get what would have been excellent value this year on some of the big name RB's. I can see being in the 12 elbow and grabbing Martin,Foster,Lacy,Rice(even though IMO he is "cooked"....get it?). As far as Stacy I think he will go middle 2nd and to me that may be expensive. A guy that I might target next year would be LBell as I see him going late 2nd/early 3rd and while not putting up super numbers he has been solid and has been touching the ball a lot. Speaking of Ball, he could end up a good value next year too but not any earlier than the 3rd unless Moreno is gone.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'm looking at my 2014 RBs as AP, Charles, McCoy, Forte being the only sure fire draft before QBs/WRs guys left.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't know right now. Could be that there will only be a hand full of first rd RB's with people shifting to stud WR's and QB's. Whatever crap the 'experts' spit out will be the way most people go.
I will say this, Lacy and Stacy will go long before McFadden and Rice. In whatever order; Peterson, Forte & McCoy will likely be the top 3 picks after that it could get interesting. ....

u forgetting charles who has outperformed those gents

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the next grouping of Lynch (could be in the top group of RBs and probably will be), Lacy, Stacy, Moreno, Bush, Murray -- and possibly CJ.9K, Mathews, Gore, Morris -- all go in the mid 2nd to early 3rd. So I would figure in a 12 team league, about 14 of the first 30 picks will be RBs, 3-4 QBs, and 10-12 WRs. Plus you have to think a couple people will reach for some potential break out guys. I wonder where people value Spiller/FJax now. Once you hit a 50/50 split, it becomes really hard to rely on either one for fantasy.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the next grouping of Lynch (could be in the top group of RBs and probably will be), Lacy, Stacy, Moreno, Bush, Murray -- and possibly CJ.9K, Mathews, Gore, Morris -- all go in the mid 2nd to early 3rd. So I would figure in a 12 team league, about 14 of the first 30 picks will be RBs, 3-4 QBs, and 10-12 WRs. Plus you have to think a couple people will reach for some potential break out guys. I wonder where people value Spiller/FJax now. Once you hit a 50/50 split, it becomes really hard to rely on either one for fantasy.

Good point about the 50/50 split. Spiller could turn out to be quite a bargain next year. Then there's He Who Shall Not Be Named...

...oh, what the hell, I"ll name him! TRich. Is he washed up? Done? Kaput? Instead of pro football, will he follow in the footsteps of Dirk Diggler? Next season will be SO interesting.

BTW, as far as receivers go, I love Megatron. I wouldn't hesitate to use my first rounder on him. If I had the first pick in the draft? Hmm...

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that might factor into the decision is reliability. I feel that the players that have historically been consistent will be drafted first.

It's a long time before next July/August. And fantasy owners can be optimistically forgiving so long as they weren't burned by a certain player. For example, I'm sure that Doug Martin owners will avoid him like the plague. But others will still see a young RB on a run-first team and take a shot at him perhaps even in the late first round.

And we may cry over our pathetic RB situations this year, but by next season's draft fantasy amnesia will set in. In part because of the RB you listed. And most fantasy owners bank on the fact that if you land the right one-two punch at RB, then your team has an advantage over teams with just ONE strong RB.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to direct everyone's attention to Ram's suicide team. Go there and find wisdom.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Martin is even close to being a 1st rounder. He really doesn't put up very good numbers but he is one of few featured backs and that makes him a decent 3rd-4th rounder in my opinion.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is too early to project anything past the top 6 until rosters start to take shape following the draft. Next year will surely be a lot different.

I think this year's top 5 RBs will be next year's top 5 picks, likely with Megatron and Peyton rounding out the top 7. From there, it is anybody's guess.

Don't forget about Alfred Morris though, he belongs in the next group of RBs and could be taken anywhere from late first to late second.

As for DMC, he is finally done. If he gets drafted anywhere before round 10 next year, it is a mistake.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
u forgetting charles who has outperformed those gents

Forgive me - - I wasn't fortunate enough to have him anywhere so he just sort of slipped my feeble mind. ... but yes, he is in the top 4.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

with Charles, yes, I agree... but

The thing that might factor into the decision is reliability. I feel that the players that have historically been consistent will be drafted first.

...this screams top 10 WR.. I know I can't shut up about this, but draft receivers early.

In 2 WR leagues, it's even easier, they are so consistent and so much ahead of the lower tiers.
In 3 WR leagues, it's more important than ever to get at least two studs, but you still want three (you may find a Jeffery or Allen)

There are RB's to be had in rounds 4-6, and of course there's always a handful that come out of nowhere through waivers, but if you're relying on the mid-tier receivers like Torrey Smith or Decker, you will get burnt more than not (hey Treff?). It's all about consistency, and unless you get really lucky, waiting on receivers hurts the most.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why ya gotta point at me? I was set at WR with Julio and Cobb.. Then shit hit the fan and became a weekly crap shoot.
Agreed though. It's possible to win any given week relying on the mid tier WR's (and RB's) for that matter. My MBBRL team is proof of that. But, and a HUGE but, it requires a helluvalot of luck, and sometimes even a miscue or two from your opponents.