• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Question

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question- in their last game a player caught a pass and jumped right up to shoot. While in the air he was grabbed and fouled. There were to ft's allowed. I just watched a play where a player was fouled, and after the whistle took a dribble, two steps and the basket counted.

Why is this?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question- in their last game a player caught a pass and jumped right up to shoot. While in the air he was grabbed and fouled. There were to ft's allowed. I just watched a play where a player was fouled, and after the whistle took a dribble, two steps and the basket counted.

Why is this?

Without having seen the play you're talking about, it sounds like the continuation rule was improperly applied.

Continuation meaning that if a player is going towards the basket/in the act of shooting...but doesn't take another dribble, then the basket would count. If he dribbles, the basket should not count.

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without having seen the play you're talking about, it sounds like the continuation rule was improperly applied.

Continuation meaning that if a player is going towards the basket/in the act of shooting...but doesn't take another dribble, then the basket would count. If he dribbles, the basket should not count.

Thanks

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would also like to add that the gather rule was recently changed a couple years back.

Before it was a shot as soon as you started your gather.

Now its only if you are actually in the act of shooting.