• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Question regarding CB stats

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering if anybody knew of a site that lists the CB's stats against WR's regarding looks thrown their way, tipped passes, blown plays, ect.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The best site in my opinion for advanced stats across the board is profootballfocus.com. However, in order to get those advanced stats you have to have a membership now. To specifically answer the things you brought up, they do have stats on balls thrown in their direction and passes that were deflected, but nothing like a blown coverage stat as far as I know. For CBs specifically, they will have stats on each player they lined up against in a particular game and how many balls were completed, attempted and if any went for touchdowns against them.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best site in my opinion for advanced stats across the board is profootballfocus.com. However, in order to get those advanced stats you have to have a membership now. To specifically answer the things you brought up, they do have stats on balls thrown in their direction and passes that were deflected, but nothing like a blown coverage stat as far as I know. For CBs specifically, they will have stats on each player they lined up against in a particular game and how many balls were completed, attempted and if any went for touchdowns against them.

Wow, thanks a lot pozz. I will give that shot and thanks for that detailed explanation.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It'll depend on the person and how much one can spend on an item like that, but in my opinion, coming from someone who absolutely loves football and loves to look at advanced ways to track and evaluate the game, a basic yearly membership on their site is well worth the money you spend if you want to look at the game in a different way.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll depend on the person and how much one can spend on an item like that, but in my opinion, coming from someone who absolutely loves football and loves to look at advanced ways to track and evaluate the game, a basic yearly membership on their site is well worth the money you spend if you want to look at the game in a different way.

Oh yeah, i will probably do it depending on the price. I thought of it when clyde posted that short article about J. Baldwin having a difficult time adjusting to press coverage. I realized there are certain stat categories that are hard to find.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They also have a game and season grade for each player, which also is fascinating stuff. I'll let you read about how they grade each player and the things they take into account. Check into that.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also have a game and season grade for each player, which also is fascinating stuff. I'll let you read about how they grade each player and the things they take into account. Check into that.

Cool, thanks again. You're right they have a lot of good stuff i've seen already. I thought this article was interesting. I wasn't aware that Joe Staley was so bad at pass protecting.

2010 Pass Blocking Efficiency: Tackles | ProFootballFocus.com