• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Question re this year's Giants

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would feel worse, missing that 8 seed or getting it and getting curbstomped by the Dodgers in the first ever playoff meeting of these two ancient rivals?

I think I'd rather get in the playoffs, probably they win and ok they won the first one, and it doesn't really count because this season* is* weird* and they wouldn't be a playoff team in a real year.

Plus, nonzero chance we win the thing, it's only 3 games, plenty of variance in playoff baseball

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get in.

This team is more of an under dog than ‘10. If this team beats the dogs, we have ANOTHER anvil to dangle over their heads for the rest of our lives. If we lose, it was locomotive vs chipmunk. No one will remember in 5 years.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I want in.

Finishing at, or above, .500 would be the real victory for me.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Want in .... but also have some concerns .... this playoff will be like no other ... anything can happen. I wouldn't expect us to go deep in these playoff. But stranger things have happened.

I just don't want management to over value this team and move forward like we were a legit playoff team looking for a few upgrades. We need to hold to the rebuilding model ... IMHO ... we are quite a bit away for a legit playoff team ..

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me this year doesnt really count for much. I just hope we draft well with what ever slot we get.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would feel worse, missing that 8 seed or getting it and getting curbstomped by the Dodgers in the first ever playoff meeting of these two ancient rivals?

I think I'd rather get in the playoffs, probably they win and ok they won the first one, and it doesn't really count because this season* is* weird* and they wouldn't be a playoff team in a real year.

Plus, nonzero chance we win the thing, it's only 3 games, plenty of variance in playoff baseball
Its a good question. What if the Dodgers win it all this year and it starts with beating the Giants in the 1st round? I think I'll root even harder for the Padres to pull ahead of the Dodgers.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Want in .... but also have some concerns .... this playoff will be like no other ... anything can happen. I wouldn't expect us to go deep in these playoff. But stranger things have happened.

I just don't want management to over value this team and move forward like we were a legit playoff team looking for a few upgrades. We need to hold to the rebuilding model ... IMHO ... we are quite a bit away for a legit playoff team ..

This is all recon for us IMHo.

Get as far as we can. See what happens.

#chisoxoverbodgers

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another question for this year's Giants...why are all those deadweight guys from last year like Belt, Longo, Crawford hitting like crazy this year? Is it the extra juiced ball? Do they relax more without fans in the stands?

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another question for this year's Giants...why are all those deadweight guys from last year like Belt, Longo, Crawford hitting like crazy this year? Is it the extra juiced ball? Do they relax more without fans in the stands?
I've not looked in depth on this but it seems to me that guys not expected to produce this year, league wide, are producing. And guys that normally do well are struggling. Sure, there are exceptions but there seems to be a lot of both going on.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've not looked in depth on this but it seems to me that guys not expected to produce this year, league wide, are producing. And guys that normally do well are struggling. Sure, there are exceptions but there seems to be a lot of both going on.

I hadn't noticed this leaguewide, but Oracle is definitely playing smaller -- I think some of it is the archways getting covered. As Kruk says "we've been waiting 20 years to say 'the ball is carrying tonight'"

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hadn't noticed this leaguewide, but Oracle is definitely playing smaller -- I think some of it is the archways getting covered. As Kruk says "we've been waiting 20 years to say 'the ball is carrying tonight'"
Are the arches closed permanently, or only this year?

How much do you (or anyone with an opinion) think the lack of fans are affecting the flight of the ball? i am on not talking psychologicaly, I am talking physically

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the arches closed permanently, or only this year?

How much do you (or anyone with an opinion) think the lack of fans are affecting the flight of the ball? i am on not talking psychologicaly, I am talking physically
Not sure, but re: the arches -- they are tarped off to prevent people gathering at them to peek into the stadium. It's a COVID thing. That, and the new bullpens are creating a more HR friendly environment.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure, but re: the arches -- they are tarped off to prevent people gathering at them to peek into the stadium. It's a COVID thing. That, and the new bullpens are creating a more HR friendly environment.
I don’t think the new bull pens changed the dimensions of the park by THAT much. Has anyone seen an overlay of the old dimensions vs the new dimensions?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think the new bull pens changed the dimensions of the park by THAT much. Has anyone seen an overlay of the old dimensions vs the new dimensions?
I have not, but from a purely anecdotal viewpoint I believe Belt, Craw and Dick have had a couple of HRs this year that would have stayed in last years' yard.