• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Question on the Overturn

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So GB moving the ball right down the field immediately after this wouldn't have happened? Assuming Dallas scores the TD and goes for 2, it's either a 1 or 3 point lead with ~4 min left. No way can you say it would have been a foregone conclusion.

It's an opinion bro. Assuming Dallas scores on the next play, they kick off and GB gets the ball likely closer to the 20 than the 40. They are passing instead of trying to run the clock out. Completely different dynamic. either way, Dez's greed cost them their chance.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. The rule states they have to, or demonstrate they held the ball long enough to, make a move common to the game... or something like that. Maybe all of these talking head ex-refs should stop using the term then.

Yea, 2 steps and stretching the ball out for the goalline is a football move to me. Obviously not by the rule books but it is for me.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, 2 steps and stretching the ball out for the goalline is a football move to me. Obviously not by the rule books but it is for me.

I think that the league needs to determine what a football move is so everyone can go by the same guidelines. It seems that refs even have a difference of opinion which shouldn't be the case. I'm thinking that the general rule is that if in the same motion as catching the ball the player goes to the ground no matter how many steps he has to make the catch without the ball moving when it hits the ground. Doesn't matter if he's lunging and actually makes it across the goal line. I think they should clean up the terminology so everyone is on the same page.

Similar to what happened to that punt return in the broncos game. Refs said he had possession and ground can't cause the fumble yet he only had it for an instant and was hit immediately which would say it was a muffed punt. Need to get rid of the gray areas so the ref's can't screw up a game...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We really need to quit talking about "football move". It's a red herring.