• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Question on Phillip Lindsay

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An interesting question on Phillip Lindsay comes to mind for me today.

Do you think Lindsay would have been recognized as a top talent and used from the pre-season on as a major part of the Bronco's offense - on most any team in the league this year? It is rare for a UDFA to explode on the team and snag a prominent role - would most other teams have given him the opportunity so early in the training cycle?

It could be that Lindsay is just such a talent that every team would have snapped to attention and plugged him into the offense. Yet - everyone scouted him and everyone had the opportunity to recognize his talent and draft him - but didn't.

I think you have to hand it to these Broncos for recognizing what they had and putting it to good use - in Phillip Lindsay. That was - in my opinion - good team management - and I think you have to hand it to VJ and Musgrave for being open enough to seize the opportunity to use Phillip Lindsay in an important way.

It is remarkable talent management - no matter what business you are engaged in. Great job Broncos!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just really depends on the team.

The Ravens were his "other" team when deciding between offers. It was between the Ravens and the Broncos. The Ravens have struggled a lot with the ground game this year and are now starting undrafted rookie Gus Edwards.

Other teams set at RB, surely no. I feel no matter what team he went to how good he has been he was going to be seen and play an important role, but it just really depends on the team. If he signs with the Rams, Saints or a team like the Cowboys then no. (among many many others)

I can tell you one team that would love to have him right now.

The

Kansas City Chiefs.

The Eagles too. (but you said They are starting undrafted rookie Josh Adams and 2nd year undrafted player Corey Clement who were in similar situations as Lindsay. Great college players who went undrafted. Obviously different styles.

A lot of teams would obviously take him now, but I feel very few teams would have offered the same opportunity early in his rookie year like Denver did.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best guys play - what a concept.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yang/Freeman when Heathy is the perfect Yang to mister Yang/Lindsay !

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just really depends on the team.

The Ravens were his "other" team when deciding between offers. It was between the Ravens and the Broncos. The Ravens have struggled a lot with the ground game this year and are now starting undrafted rookie Gus Edwards.

Other teams set at RB, surely no. I feel no matter what team he went to how good he has been he was going to be seen and play an important role, but it just really depends on the team. If he signs with the Rams, Saints or a team like the Cowboys then no. (among many many others)

I can tell you one team that would love to have him right now.

The

Kansas City Chiefs.

The Eagles too. (but you said They are starting undrafted rookie Josh Adams and 2nd year undrafted player Corey Clement who were in similar situations as Lindsay. Great college players who went undrafted. Obviously different styles.

A lot of teams would obviously take him now, but I feel very few teams would have offered the same opportunity early in his rookie year like Denver did.

KC wishes is all I got to say !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at it the other way, we got extremely lucky he chose us. We should’ve drafted him, he’s our best offensive weapon.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lindsay goes 0-20 faster than my Geo Metro

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of, yet completely unrelated

.. I do still have my Metros .. both a 1991 and 1994

But over this past summer, I bought myself a new car .. a 2010 Hemi SRT Challenger

I've know this car since it was new because it belonged to one of our best customers .. He's approaching 80 years old, and decided to part ways .. but he knows where to visit her !!

It is literally 500 more hp than the Metro

Hemi-01.jpg

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me the big question is do the Broncos do the right thing and redo his contract. Let’s say a 2-3 year deal worth 4-6 million. Is he worth more on the open market? Sure but he is not on the open market. By redoing his contract when they don’t have to would be another display of good faith by the organization, but it would still be a team friendly deal.

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were more physically gifted players than Lindsay in the draft. A lot of speedy backs that can catch passes and get into the open field. I understand why Lindsay wasn't drafted, but clearly his work ethic was underestimated. He's literally out-working the more talented guys. Not only that, but I think Phillip's football IQ is much higher than that of his counterparts.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from the looks of things we just got kicked into the scrotum by JR'er Bronco. Let's hope the leauge does not catch on .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This staff has been carried by Kubiak . Time to shoot it in the head.