• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Question about the Home Uniform Color

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have noticed something after watching a couple of my DVR games that really had me wondering. The Hawks blue uniforms some times look like a royal blue that is pretty bright and other times look like a dark navy blue. I was just wondering if anyone else noticed this. Now maybe its that the uniforms got "wet" in some games so they were darker before the game was on or what ever but i thought the new stuff was hydrophobic? Anyway did anyone else notice the change in the colors? or was it just my eyes failing me?

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have noticed something after watching a couple of my DVR games that really had me wondering. The Hawks blue uniforms some times look like a royal blue that is pretty bright and other times look like a dark navy blue. I was just wondering if anyone else noticed this. Now maybe its that the uniforms got "wet" in some games so they were darker before the game was on or what ever but i thought the new stuff was hydrophobic? Anyway did anyone else notice the change in the colors? or was it just my eyes failing me?

I didn't notice a change. It looked the same dark blue at all times to me. Things like the rain and the sun hitting it could have made it look like a different color at times, but if it did, I didn't notice. Speaking of the home unis... I didn't really like them at first, but they grew on me a little. I still like the road and alternate unis better, but as long as they win I don't care what the uniforms look like.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here is a image of what i was talking about. this doesn't show the bright royal blue like i saw in the buffalo game though.* Edit* not the buffalo game im sorry.
121208rookies600.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after posting that i do believe it is just the difference between a wet and dry uniform. They are much more bright when dry. Also i LOVE the new uniform.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lighting plays a part in it as well. In daylight they look brighter than under the lights at night. Really hard to compare from pictures like that though because different cameras under different conditions will always produce slightly different hues in the color palette.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok so i was just flipping through a bunch of home game pictures and i noticed it was under the lights not the sun when the uniform was dry that made them look brighter. They looked darker in the normal sun light. Must just be the material and the way it acts between different light sources.