• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QB quandry

hmmmm

• Total voters

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do the fans want?

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keenum earned the right to start for the next few years. Additional O line improvement plus a healthy Dalvin Cook and the pieces are there to succeed.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Option 1 - Sign Keenum to a 3-year deal, draft a guy in the mid-rounds either this season or next and work on developing him. Invest heavily in the O-line during the offseason.

Option 2 - Sign Bradford to a 2-year deal, otherwise follow the same plan as with Keenum.

I don't really view Bridgewater as a legitimate option. His knee is just as fragile as Bradford's, and he's never shown to be anything beyond a better version of Brett Hundley when he has been healthy.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let Bradford and Bridgewater go, sign Keenum. Vikes got a bunch of cap room and a team that will be mostly the same next year, hopefully Cook is healthy and ready to go. I think they have a real good shot to lose in the NFC Championship game again next year.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it were me, Keenum and look to draft his replacement

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do they need to draft a QB. where does Sloter fit in?

Well, if they think Sloter has future potential. The reality is the league has very few late round developmental guys that developed into a legit starter

Best QB's in NFL right now
Brady-6th round-Fluke
Rodgers-1st Round
Brees -Top of 2nd round
Wilson-3rd Round
Luck-1st Round
Newton-1st Round
Ryan-1st Round
Stafford-1st Round
Wentz-1st round
r*pe in burger-1st round
Cousins-4th Round
Jimmy G-2nd Round

Brees/Wilson were 2nd/3rd due to lack of height

outside of that, very few starting QB's found outside of the 1st

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go for broke, try to sign Kirk Cousins

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm willing to pump the breaks until they hire a new OC, because that has to play into any an decision they make.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm willing to pump the breaks until they hire a new OC, because that has to play into any an decision they make.

That's fair.

I just don't get the hype that some people have for Teddy. He's got 28 TDs to 22 INTs with a 64.7 comp % for his career, will be nearly 3 years removed from meaningful football action by the time he could make his next start for 2018, and how his nearly career-ending injury will pan out is still unknown. You don't break out the checkbook for a guy with those credentials based on a "good 2016 preseason". That's a guy you sign either as a backup or for a QB desperate team.

You could argue that we're a QB desperate team right now, but Keenum would gladly resign with us, I'm sure. I'd rather give him a reasonable contract than gamble on Teddy. IMO our only real options are to try to build on this past season to ride with Keenum, or go with Bradford and pray to the football gods that his health holds up. I wouldn't count on the latter. Either way, they need to consider drafting someone.

I am just going to be pissed if they bring Teddy back for any role other than backup (which he won't go for). I'd honestly prefer them to coax 48 year old Brett Favre back out of retirement over signing Teddy as the presumed starter.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We only have 5 picks and the team is built for now, with our current roster. Why not trade picks for a QB that may be available, and just go all in, and ride with Sloter as backup?

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We only have 5 picks and the team is built for now, with our current roster. Why not trade picks for a QB that may be available, and just go all in, and ride with Sloter as backup?

I don't follow college football enough to know, but is there a QB in the upcoming draft worth trading up for? I'm definitely not interested in another future USC bust in Sam Darnold, let alone the ridiculous price it would take to trade up for the #1 pick from Cleveland.

I think they'd be better off calling Drew Brees on day 1 of free agency if he hasn't already been extended by New Orleans and offer him a well paid 2-year deal to come to Minnesota over spending a ton trading up in the draft. A draft pick is pretty much guaranteed to set back any title runs 2-3 years anyway. Trading up is a bad idea unless they can do so at a reasonable price and they are absolutely certain it's the guy they want.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't follow college football enough to know, but is there a QB in the upcoming draft worth trading up for? I'm definitely not interested in another future USC bust in Sam Darnold, let alone the ridiculous price it would take to trade up for the #1 pick from Cleveland.

I think they'd be better off calling Drew Brees on day 1 of free agency if he hasn't already been extended by New Orleans and offer him a well paid 2-year deal to come to Minnesota over spending a ton trading up in the draft. A draft pick is pretty much guaranteed to set back any title runs 2-3 years anyway. Trading up is a bad idea unless they can do so at a reasonable price and they are absolutely certain it's the guy they want.

I wouldn't look in the draft. But an Alex Smith, or someone like that.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't look in the draft. But an Alex Smith, or someone like that.

I'd rather see Favre run out there for one last title run attempt at nearly age 49 than Alex Smith.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He fits in well with our offensive scheme, and doesn't turn the ball over, and has a bigger arm than both Keenum and Teddy.

Like I said.... go all in on the next year, or 2.

Yeah, because he's done so well leading the Chiefs to the Super Bowl...

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, because he's done so well leading the Chiefs to the Super Bowl...

This. Trading for Alex Smith (which won't be cheap) isn't "Going all in"; it's guaranteeing they probably regress to either a wildcard or divisional round playoff loss next season. He's not bad, but making a Superbowl run with him would require more reliable defense than we had in the big games this past season, and an improved O-line. Might as well resign Keenum to a new deal instead of trading draft picks and/or players away for Alex Smith and use the savings from not making a trade to upgrade other aspects of the roster.

"Going all in" would be signing Drew Brees, or something of that nature. Even rolling the dice on Bradford's health and signing him back as the starter while trying to make more improvements to the O-line would be preferable to trading away whatever it would cost to get Alex Smith. Alex Smith isn't going to be the QB to get us over the NFC championship slumps.