• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QB- Peyton Manning vs Tom Brady

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No we don't hate Peyton and love the rivalry , just like Bird and Johnson and Ali/Frazer etc. I have said many times one of the best and first round HOFer. I also have said that Montana is the GOAT. Just remember Pats didnt have a great team and were 5-11 and 0-2 when Brady took over and Pats won their first SB. Seattle fans are gonna live and die with Wilson now, he's their go to guy. Imagine if they win 2 or 3 more? Patriots D was really good but not stellar and gave up leads in all 5 SB's. If Pats were able to go 19-0 I think most would have put Brady as GOAT. Funny thing is someone mentioned Mannings QBR is slightly better in playoffs and I dont understand how its broken down. I do know Brady has more TD's and less int and fumbles than Manning and thats including playing most of career in a dome. Top 4 or 5 QBs now are dome guys. Brees has thrown for 5000 yards 3 times Brady once in 2011 and Manning last year. What Manning did last year in Denver is great, both td's and yards and turnovers. Kudos to one of the all time greats and not sure we will see a better rivalry at QB in my lifetime

Great post. Some points though.

Brady actually has more career fumbles in the postseason then Manning he just has less that have been recovered by the other team.

When you say the Pats d gave up leads in the super Bowl does that really matter. They held the greatest show on turf to just 17 points in the first super bowl and Brady won the game despite completing less than 60% of his passes and throwing for only 145 yd's and 1 td(his only td of the postseason I might add). That defense was elite.

Brady played very well in the second and third super bowls but in his 4th his team only scored 14 points. The highest scoring offense ever at the time could only muster 14 points? To blame the defense for that game would be unjust.

In his last super bowl again he only scores 17 points. His d didn't play that well but still.

Overall it has been a very good rivalry between to all time great qb's.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm impressed that Brady fans are still obsessed with this debate.....lol

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loo at Aaron Rodgers playoff stats. He dominates both Brady and Manning and it really isn't close.

Yet he's only 6-4 with none of his playoff losses being his fault.

Who brought up his playoff stats?

And the 2 SB's Patriots lost weren't Bradys fault. He gave then a 4 point lead with under 2 min in first SB and another lead in the last SB and defense let that one go too. He was sacked 6 times in first SB and 0 int

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm impressed that Brady fans are still obsessed with this debate.....lol

Not obsessed but its a fair debate, The 2 best QBs of the 2000's. Now its Rodgers and Luck/Wilson debate will be next. When they took a national poll who they would take in a big game Brady got 63% Manning 37%,

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton Manning is the best pure QB of my life time and amazingly skilled at nearly every conceivable facet of being a QB. If you were to design a pure pocket QB that was engineered to be dominant then you would end up with Manning.... ANd if I need to win a game Im taking Brady. Thats really the argument in a nutshell. SO there you go.

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt he's had talent. But Manning's had more talent on the offensive end and Brady had a lot better overall teams.[/QUOTE

I agree on the defensive side for NE but not sure overall being a lot better. The team records where pretty close and Indy's D was ranked 5th when the won the SB and another time 3rd

Rodgers has had very bad defenses that somehow manage to get worse in the postseason. Loo it up and you'll see. Combine that with no running game and you get a 6-4 record in the postseason.

I mean seriously it's crazy. In his 4 playoff losses he has a td-int ratio of 9-3 not including one rushing td. He's completing about 65% of his throws and and has had at least 250 yds passing in 3 of those 4 losses. In those 4 losses never has his offense scored less than 20 points and in 2 of them he scored 45 and 31 points and still lost. In 3 of those 4 losses he's had a qb rating of at least 90 and in the other one had 79.

Rodger's is all time great in the postseason. He should have at least 2 super bowls if not for his team letting him down.

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who brought up his playoff stats?

And the 2 SB's Patriots lost weren't Bradys fault. He gave then a 4 point lead with under 2 min in first SB and another lead in the last SB and defense let that one go too. He was sacked 6 times in first SB and 0 int

He also only scored 14 points in the first super bowl after claiming they would score a lot more than that in pre game. The defense is hardly to blame for allowing 17 points especially considering Brady did not play that well. The second super bowl loss Brady played a lot better so I cant fault him for that loss. That was just a great game by the Giants.

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And im just maing a point that not only does rodger's dominate the regular season lie very few have but he dominates the postseason lie very few have as well.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No we don't hate Peyton and love the rivalry , just like Bird and Johnson and Ali/Frazer etc. I have said many times one of the best and first round HOFer. I also have said that Montana is the GOAT. Just remember Pats didnt have a great team and were 5-11 and 0-2 when Brady took over and Pats won their first SB. Seattle fans are gonna live and die with Wilson now, he's their go to guy. Imagine if they win 2 or 3 more? Patriots D was really good but not stellar and gave up leads in all 5 SB's. If Pats were able to go 19-0 I think most would have put Brady as GOAT. Funny thing is someone mentioned Mannings QBR is slightly better in playoffs and I dont understand how its broken down. I do know Brady has more TD's and less int and fumbles than Manning and thats including playing most of career in a dome. Top 4 or 5 QBs now are dome guys. Brees has thrown for 5000 yards 3 times Brady once in 2011 and Manning last year. What Manning did last year in Denver is great, both td's and yards and turnovers. Kudos to one of the all time greats and not sure we will see a better rivalry at QB in my lifetime

Sonny, you must know that you're not a typical excuse-spewing Pats fan though. "That" Pats fan is completely mindfucked and insecure about Peyton Manning. That fan is terrified of how good he is and think that when they say dumb shit about how terrible he is, it makes it true.

MRVegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton Manning is the best pure QB of my life time and amazingly skilled at nearly every conceivable facet of being a QB. If you were to design a pure pocket QB that was engineered to be dominant then you would end up with Manning.... ANd if I need to win a game Im taking Brady. Thats really the argument in a nutshell. SO there you go.

This seems to be the consensus thinking...... To me the object is to win so the answer always has been Brady for me.

Its only taken about 15 years but I'd finally take Manning over Brady this year. Then again, have them switch teams and it would still be Brady.

JasonCarrier

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes no sense.

Peyton is a sub 500 post season QB with really good (and some great teams)

He's gone one and done 8 times.

He's the last QB I'd want in the playoffs.

mick7-1961

Commerce Comet
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1656005_750939998312106_3404312019515855359_n.jpg

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton is a sub 500 post season QB with really good (and some great teams)

He's gone one and done 8 times.

He's the last QB I'd want in the playoffs.

You mean the guy who has a superior passer rating, YPA, YPG, completion percentage, and damn near every other stat than Tom Brady in the playoffs?

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the guy who has a superior passer rating, YPA, YPG, completion percentage, and damn near every other stat than Tom Brady in the playoffs?

Yeah, the playoff argument is ridiculous. Peyton has played better than Brady in the playoffs but somehow gets penalized for being on less talented teams with worse coaches. Take away the dynasty defense early in Brady's career and he might not even make the Hall of Fame. He's only been top FIVE in passer rating 3 times in his career. Peyton is possibly the best quarterback of all time while Brady is just a very good quarterback who has played on very good teams.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised some marketing genius hasn't signed Tom Brady to do commercials for Domino's or Pizza Hut or some other big pizza chain just so this debate could expand into who's the best pizza pitch man.

JasonCarrier

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lets not forget those pesky interceptions or pick 6's

Longevity will get you numbers (aka Bret)

He fails when it counts most.

JasonCarrier

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the playoff argument is ridiculous. Peyton has played better than Brady in the playoffs but somehow gets penalized for being on less talented teams with worse coaches. Take away the dynasty defense early in Brady's career and he might not even make the Hall of Fame. He's only been top FIVE in passer rating 3 times in his career. Peyton is possibly the best quarterback of all time while Brady is just a very good quarterback who has played on very good teams.

Peyton can't touch Montana.

Right now he's Marino with a ring. (which is not half bad)

Oh and Peyton has had some very good teams.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton can't touch Montana.

Right now he's Marino with a ring. (which is not half bad)

Oh and Peyton has had some very good teams.

Ignoring the fact that comparing someone to Marino isn't exactly an insult (Marino with a ring is pretty much the perfect career), does that make Brady Eli?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning fans got seriously butt hurt last February.

Thank you Hawks~

OMAHA!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets not forget those pesky interceptions or pick 6's

Longevity will get you numbers (aka Bret)

He fails when it counts most.

Longevity has nothing to do with what Peyton does in the playoffs. His better passer rating, yards per attempt, and every other stat in the playoffs that he is off the charts have nothing to do with longevity. If anything the longevity of his playoff games should show this is his normal to perform at that high level. Can't fault him for his defense giving up on average in all the playoff losses 28.6 points per game. Yes there are a couple of those games that really he should have done more to help secure a win but overall the games they lost in the playoffs were because the defense fell behind early and big causing Peyton to have to play catch up. The fact that his stats are still as good as they are even though that happened is pretty impressive.