• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QB- Peyton Manning vs Tom Brady

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, and a host of good RBs over what Brady has had in New England.

Never has a QB done so little with so much as Peyton Manning.

Big Games = Manning kryptonite.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, and a host of good RBs over what Brady has had in New England.

Right. His numbers are terrible. :rolleyes2:

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. His numbers are terrible. :rolleyes2:

After beating Peyton Manning in all four of Manning's seasons, Spurrier made a comment on the bowl game in which the 2nd place SEC team played in the 1990s. "I know why Peyton Manning came back for his senior year. He wanted to be a three time Citrus Bowl MVP!"

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant agree with that Rodgers had some real good receivers till now with Jordy being his go too. Cobb, Driver, Jennings and Finley what a cast

He's had no running game his whole career till he got Lacy(who loos horrible right now).He's had shitty defenses his whole career as well especially in the postseason.

Driver was a good receiver nothing great though. He benefitted from playing with Favre and Rodgers.

Jennings was never a great reciever. Loo what he's doing without rodgers nothing in Minnesota. He's a product of great quarterbac play. Finley was always average. Cobb is pretty good although he benefits greatly from Rodgers.

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The usual cliche that simply isn't true at all.

January | 2014 | Scott Kacsmar: NFL Writing Archive

Peyton Manning?s Eight One-And-Done NFL Playoffs: Learn What You Are Criticizing | Scott Kacsmar: NFL Writing Archive

Peyton Manning?s 9-11 Playoff Record Is a Call for Help

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's had no running game his whole career till he got Lacy(who loos horrible right now).He's had shitty defenses his whole career as well especially in the postseason.

Driver was a good receiver nothing great though. He benefitted from playing with Favre and Rodgers.

Jennings was never a great reciever. Loo what he's doing without rodgers nothing in Minnesota. He's a product of great quarterbac play. Finley was always average. Cobb is pretty good although he benefits greatly from Rodgers.

Jennings has done decent with the Vikings in my opinion considering they are a run first team and usually start about 3 different quarterbacks throughout the season. I mean he did have 800 yards with Cassel being the best quarterback throwing to him last year. He's essentially on pace to match that again this year and that is without the threat of AP in the backfield.

Throw in we just don't know on Finley how good or bad he was with or without Rodgers. His injuries limited that opportunity. I will say the fact that so many teams went after him even after all his injuries when the Packers got rid of him should show he definitely had some talent. Driver I can agree a little on but the guy still had some talent to have 7 seasons of a thousand yards or more.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Peyton can't win in the postseason." - delusional fans of a QB who hasn't won shit in a decade

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey I think currently Rodgers is the best QB but needs a few more years to solidify status because of his body of work, Tom and Peyton are what 36, 37 now. Rodgers has arm and is mobile. He is the best throw on the run guy out there, prob best since Steve Young or Elway

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrisisjoker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant agree with that Rodgers had some real good receivers till now with Jordy being his go too. Cobb, Driver, Jennings and Finley what a cast

HA! That's a joke. He's still good even without a Driver, Jennings, and Finley. Look at what Jennings is doing now, he's nothing without Rodgers. He's just another average starting WR. Rodgers made Jennings. Finley that's a different story. You Pats fans hate Aaron a Rodgers for some reason.

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey I think currently Rodgers is the best QB but needs a few more years to solidify status because of his body of work, Tom and Peyton are what 36, 37 now. Rodgers has arm and is mobile. He is the best throw on the run guy out there, prob best since Steve Young or Elway

What sux is that Rodgers career was shortened from the get go sitting behind the diva that was Brett Favre.

So his career numbers will never be as good as they could have been.

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HA! That's a joke. He's still good even without a Driver, Jennings, and Finley. Look at what Jennings is doing now, he's nothing without Rodgers. He's just another average starting WR. Rodgers made Jennings. Finley that's a different story. You Pats fans hate Aaron a Rodgers for some reason.

No they hate Peyton Manning. Don't now why though? Brady's legacy is pretty well secured.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ha read my next few posts. I was just saying that the guy had some talent before and not now. Comprende?

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loo at Aaron Rodgers playoff stats. He dominates both Brady and Manning and it really isn't close.

Yet he's only 6-4 with none of his playoff losses being his fault.

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha read my next few posts. I was just saying that the guy had some talent before and not now. Comprende?

No doubt he's had talent. But Manning's had more talent on the offensive end and Brady had a lot better overall teams.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they hate Peyton Manning. Don't now why though? Brady's legacy is pretty well secured.

No we don't hate Peyton and love the rivalry , just like Bird and Johnson and Ali/Frazer etc. I have said many times one of the best and first round HOFer. I also have said that Montana is the GOAT. Just remember Pats didnt have a great team and were 5-11 and 0-2 when Brady took over and Pats won their first SB. Seattle fans are gonna live and die with Wilson now, he's their go to guy. Imagine if they win 2 or 3 more? Patriots D was really good but not stellar and gave up leads in all 5 SB's. If Pats were able to go 19-0 I think most would have put Brady as GOAT. Funny thing is someone mentioned Mannings QBR is slightly better in playoffs and I dont understand how its broken down. I do know Brady has more TD's and less int and fumbles than Manning and thats including playing most of career in a dome. Top 4 or 5 QBs now are dome guys. Brees has thrown for 5000 yards 3 times Brady once in 2011 and Manning last year. What Manning did last year in Denver is great, both td's and yards and turnovers. Kudos to one of the all time greats and not sure we will see a better rivalry at QB in my lifetime

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt he's had talent. But Manning's had more talent on the offensive end and Brady had a lot better overall teams.[/QUOTE

I agree on the defensive side for NE but not sure overall being a lot better. The team records where pretty close and Indy's D was ranked 5th when the won the SB and another time 3rd

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as for history,,,,

Terry Bradshaw,,,,,4 SB wins in 6 yrs

Joe Montana has 4 SB wins

Manning,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,1 SB win in 16 yrs

I don't see him as anything more than a good QB who never really lived up to his hype

This is just dumb.