• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QB- Peyton Manning vs Tom Brady

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Tom Terrific?

Ranked 35th out of 35 QBs.

Blaine Gabbert > Tommy Turnover

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm tired of hearing about Brady not having weapons.

Manning makes his receivers. And don't tell me guys like Decker, Stockley, Clark and Julius Thomas were good before Manning.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
e559ba70a3f0d667e7ef5d00d2a6bc88.jpg

Haha coming from a Steelers fan pure irony. Its cool coming from about 28 other teams and Pitt aint one of them

Desean12345

#What is Hashtag?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Manning makes his receivers. And don't tell me guys like Decker, Stockley, Clark and Julius Thomas were good before Manning.

They weren't good before and weren't goof after. But also had Harrison, a top 5 all time receiver and Reggie Wayne, one of the best receivers of the 21st century.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Manning is a product of Joe Dean Davenport" - Brady dolts

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They weren't good before and weren't goof after. But also had Harrison, a top 5 all time receiver and Reggie Wayne, one of the best receivers of the 21st century.

And none of that is due to having Manning as a QB, huh?

Lol. . . . right

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Desean12345;5633858[B said:
]They weren't good before and weren't goof after.[/B] But also had Harrison, a top 5 all time receiver and Reggie Wayne, one of the best receivers of the 21st century.

But good while Manning was their QB, right?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beyond belief

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya I know it may be a tired argument but I am wondering what the SportsHoopla folks think.

Peyton Manning 9-11 in playoffs 1 SB win
Tom Brady 17-9 in playoffs 3 SB wins

These two are always compared to each other and I just do not see it. By far Brady is better in my mind but I am open to discussion.

I am obviously biased

I think this comparison to how good they are by these records are silly.
Manning carries his teams, Brady was on a great team.
Look at what brady looks like with a not so good team :becky:

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Marvin Harrison was nothing before peyton showed up. And we will never know with Reggie since he had peyton to work with essentially his whole career. who knows where reggie ends up if he gets drafted by the bengals. I doubt he'd have been this good, but we don't know for certain

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Peyton always has weapons"

yea... thats because he takes guys who are relatively unknown, works with them to no end until they are stars. then the brady lovers throw the "he always has weapons" thing out there. In his career, peyton had ONE guy put on his team who was already established as a stud, and thats welker. Marvin and Reggie are truly talented, but we have no idea how much/little has to do with Peyton. ALthough, if you look at Marvin before Peyton arrived he was nothing to write home about.

But really, Austin Collie had something like 8tds in 6 games before concussion issues, stokley went from a no one to "another of peytons weapons" 15 months ago no one knew who Julius Thomas was. Pierre Garcon went from D3 WR to peyton is gifted with more weapons. Jacob Tamme is a below average TE who suddenly becomes a starter when Dallas Clark gets hurt and the Tamme becomes a stud for a year or so. If you have a shred of talent and PM is throwing you the ball you are a weapon. Its like the guys gets downgraded because he consistently turns average/above average players into great ones though endless practice.

Emmanuel Sanders is the next example. All offseason "can the broncos fill deckers production" most people were hesitant. Then Sanders comes out like a world beater and suddenly "Peyton just has weapons everywhere".

On the other hand Amendola was supposed to be the next Welker. Brady and he put up numbers similar to what Amendola and BRADFORD put up in St. Louis. Its early, but Lafell hasn't been any more productive so far than with Cam. Tim Wright, a guy they traded Logan Mankins for has been Non-Existant and he had a great season last year. And all this falls on them? Peyton gets Blair White shoved into the slot and suddenly he becomes a solid NFL pro. Peyton gets hurt, Blair White drifts into obscurity.

The problem is, the Pats have gone out and got guys (LaFell, Wright, Amendola) who are good NFL players. guys that should be "weapons" and now since they aren't producing well enough its because "the pats don't have weapons". They do... they just can't get the ball. And as soon as any of them start producing the narrative will switch. It won't be because they are "weapons" it'll be brady squeezing the most out of talentless players.

Peyton has become a victim of his own success. In a few years when Cody Latimer is a stud I can't wait to hear everyone going on about how he is another weapon Peyton has been gifted.

As for "playoff performance" actually go back and watch analyze some of those games. Aside from the stats which actually say Peyton has been better (Passer rating etc) you'll see that he has had INCREDIBLE misfortune (not to say some of it doesn't fall on him) in a large number of games including several against the Chargers one vs the steelers and the one against the ravens. Brady on the on the other hand has been incredibly freaking lucky. Tuck rule, throwing what should've been a game-ending pick vs the chargers only to have them fumble it back and number of other examples.

Stop being superficial and just saying playoff record and rings. Actually go look at how the games came to be. how did they lose? why did they lose? how did the QB actually play? you'll find the results far different than the narrative you've been told.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
omaha-peyton-manning.jpg

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Joe Dean Davenport MADE Peyton Manning. Without that All-Star cast around him, he's nothing. Jeff Saturday IS Peyton Manning." - highly logical Tom Brady apologists :L

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hate Manning and I think he gets a pretty bad rap when it comes to his legacy.

January | 2014 | Scott Kacsmar: NFL Writing Archive

That being said, Rodgers has done more with less and has been better in the postseason then both Brady and Manning.

I cant agree with that Rodgers had some real good receivers till now with Jordy being his go too. Cobb, Driver, Jennings and Finley what a cast

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Joe Dean Davenport MADE Peyton Manning. Without that All-Star cast around him, he's nothing. Jeff Saturday IS Peyton Manning." - highly logical Tom Brady apologists :L

same OC for 12 years in Tom Moore 4 HOFers or to be on offense Faulk,Edge,Harrison and James same center Saturday true Hammer I agree and Denver has no talent hell Tebow and Peyton are both .500 postseason with Denver

Brady - Randy Moss for 2 years and and and 5 different OC