• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QB News/Updates + more? Who knows! Only one way to find out.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB News:

Starter Matt Linehan is out of the foot boot apparently and beginning to ease back into the swing of things. Should be getting a ton of reps during camp, hopefully he can make up for lost time after sitting out all of spring ball.

Speaking of spring ball, Jake Luton (the guy who got nearly all the spring first team reps in Linehan's absence) is officially transferring to Ventura College to play JC ball. Can't blame the guy, but this leaves Idaho with some serious questions at QB if Linehan goes down again. Kareem Coles announced his decision to transfer at the end of last year meaning that the only other QB on the roster with any sort of experience is Gunnar Amos the hometown kid from Couer d'Alene, and he hasn't taken a snap in a real game. Behind that is another redshirt freshman A.J Woodin and Petrino's kid Mason (maybe?).

You get the point, they're in deep shit if Matt's foot acts up again. I'd hope that he's working on getting the fuck down and learning to just get out of bounds instead of taking a big hit. He has the ability to make plays with his feet, but sometimes you just gotta know when to save yourself from some punishment. Maybe watching some Russ Wilson game film there brah.

Anyway a recent Sun Belt preview singled out Linehan as one of the top rising stars of the league this year (Sun Belt Football Preview 2016: Early Conference Lookahead -) and he was named fourth-team preseason all conference in another preview(Sun Belt Football 2016 All-Conference Team). Yeah, apparently fourth team is a thing. Point is he's getting some recognition. Personally I think he has potential to be a top 2 QB in the league this year, Taylor Lamb being the likely all-conference pick at year's end.

I bet he can kick a football a quarter mile:

The above articles also single out Austin "Uncle" Rehkow as the top punter and placekicker in the league with one naming him the best pro prospect in the league ( at punter, not placekicker). Not sure I agree with the latter part of that statement but it's still quite impressive. Of course, Rehkow benefits from punting in a dome and the last two punters at Idaho have both played briefly in the NFL with both having very little success. Maybe he breaks the trend here, who knows. He is the only player in the country on both the Ray Guy and Lou Groza watch lists after all.

More to come below......

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question: How dumb do you have to be to steal shitty bear one week before your 21st birthday?

Answer: As dumb as Steven Matlock. And it was Keystone Light. KEYSTONE. LIGHT. Not worth it dawg. Offensive line was supposed to be a strength of the team with both Matlock and Jordan Rose returning as potential all-conference players. Now Matlock is suspended until further notice, but personally I'd be fine with just telling him to f-off for the rest of the year. Rose is a solid player but, well let's just say he's the kind of guy that Tom Cable would love. Big goon who's very physical but has a temper and often gets flagged for dumb bullshit. There's plenty of size and experience on the offensive line to help open up holes for who ever is toting the rock. Should be interesting to see who emerges as the top back between Duckworth, Saunders, and Brantley.

Sun Belt Previews: Idaho Getting Mixed Reviews

The preview in the post above did not give specific predictions for the league but it definitely did not seem to think Idaho was going to do anything special. I've seen a decent amount of predictions with most having Idaho between 4-8 and 6-6 which is about what I would guess as well. The newest preview, which breaks down each team's schedule, has Idaho at 6-6 (5-3) and finishing 5th in the league again (Preview 2016: Sun Belt Team Schedules & Predictions For Every Game)

Would be nice to hit 6-6 just to spite Staben in his mansion in the "center of the universe".

At some point here I'll post a break down of what I expect from each game this season and make some predictions, but it's a little early for that now.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question: How dumb do you have to be to steal shitty bear one week before your 21st birthday?

Shitty bear? What the fuck is that? Shitty Beer. Damn how did I miss that.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is the only player in the country on both the Ray Guy and Lou Groza watch lists after all.

More to come below......

Well shit, that's not true. Guy from Oklahoma is on both as well. Should have looked over the lists beforehand.