• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Q&A with Aldon Smith

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I believe most mock drafts had him in the late teens, early twenties. Most analysts on draft day thought we had reached, having him rated later in the round. Most people on this board and the other didn't even have Smith on their radar. I believe someone even had a thread that Smith wasn't a pash rusher on the old board

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I believe most mock drafts had him in the late teens, early twenties. Most analysts on draft day thought we had reached, having him rated later in the round. Most people on this board and the other didn't even have Smith on their radar. I believe someone even had a thread that Smith wasn't a pash rusher on the old board

There's a significant difference between mid to late first round and mid to late rounder.

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I guess that's just a matter of how you read it. Mid to late round referring to the specific round or draft overall. Considering context I read it as referring to the specific round he was selected.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I have never heard the mid to late first referred to as a "mid to late round draft pick."

If "mid to late round" means middle of the first, how do you describe a 5th round pick?

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Again it's a matter of context. If you're referring to the first round, then a mid to late round pick eludes to that specific (first) round, excluding the rest of the draft. If referring to the draft then all rounds are inclusive and mid to late round would refer to say a 5th.
I've actually seen it written this way a couple of times and have had to make the above inference. Usually it's from the less sport centered/specific site. The English isn't incorrect, but the sport verbiage could improve for clarity.

notmyfault

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He seems really humble.

CBS: For all the people who thought Von Miller and Nick Fairley were going to be the best rookies on defense coming out of the draft, you***8217;ve really outperformed both of them.

Smith: Those guys were crazy in college, and they***8217;ve been good (in the NFL). I***8217;m just getting a little bit more plays.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
at this point its easy to forget he's a college DE making the switch to NFL OLB? from the pass rush standpoint he's right where we'd expect, MAYBE a little ahead? by the end of this season, i'd be estatic if he's also a good run defender. if not good, at least not a weak spot where opponents attack.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again it's a matter of context. If you're referring to the first round, then a mid to late round pick eludes to that specific (first) round, excluding the rest of the draft. If referring to the draft then all rounds are inclusive and mid to late round would refer to say a 5th.
I've actually seen it written this way a couple of times and have had to make the above inference. Usually it's from the less sport centered/specific site. The English isn't incorrect, but the sport verbiage could improve for clarity.

maybe, or maybe this guy is just wrong.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Aldon Smith will be a top 3 OLB in this league within 2 years. I see it already. Dilfer is somewhat of a 9er homer, but I agree with him on Aldon (fast forward to 12:00 on topic of 9ers):

Trent Dilfer - ESPN
http://http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=7144189

Last edited by a moderator:

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How were you able to do that?
Step by step instructions, Please!

It is fairly straightforward ...

1. Copy link from site.

2. In the window where you type the message on this forum, you'll see a globe looking icon with a chain link below it. It is directly below the white smiley face up in the toolbar. If you roll your mouse over it, it should be called "Insert Link"

3. Clicking on that link will give you a pop up where you can insert your link. Just one little thing ... the pop up will already have the http:// inserted so make sure you don't paste that part of the url into the box. Easy way to do it just to simply delete/over-write the http:// and insert your entire url.

4. Click Ok and when you post your message it will convert the url to the title of the article/video.

Hope this helps. Lemme know if you still have any issues.

Cheers!

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It is fairly straightforward ...

1. Copy link from site.

2. In the window where you type the message on this forum, you'll see a globe looking icon with a chain link below it. It is directly below the white smiley face up in the toolbar. If you roll your mouse over it, it should be called "Insert Link"

3. Clicking on that link will give you a pop up where you can insert your link. Just one little thing ... the pop up will already have the http:// inserted so make sure you don't paste that part of the url into the box. Easy way to do it just to simply delete/over-write the http:// and insert your entire url.

4. Click Ok and when you post your message it will convert the url to the title of the article/video.

Hope this helps. Lemme know if you still have any issues.

Cheers!

Thanks bro!

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Beautiful! Thanks trancemeister

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beautiful! Thanks trancemeister

Not a problem! I have found though that sometimes pasting the entire URL in the message body also accomplishes the same result. Doesn't always work though but the detailed steps I mentioned above always work :)

Last edited by a moderator:

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3