• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Prospects

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Extending Scooter looks good today. But so did Homer, Mesoraco, and countless others that fans were clamoring to keep instead of trade.

To this day I haven't liked the Homer signing. I've always thought they should have signed Cueto

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade or sign Scooter?

Yes I think they will trade Scooter

I really like the middle of the order, with Votto, Scooter, and Suarez, and I hate to see it broken up.
All three can beat you. I also have never liked these deadline trades. The Reds are going to lose a solid hitter in the middle of the lineup. for some minor league players, Probably one will be making his major league debut... We have all seen this before..

I am enjoying this season, There is already going to be a wrench thrown into the works when Matt Harvey is traded. And if or when they trade Scooter. The Reds will be going back to losing more than they are winning.

Guess I'm more of a "now" type of person... at least on this. But I also know what I want. and what the Reds will do, are 2 different things...But I also believe that most fans are more like me in this matter. They are getting tired of seeing the Reds sell off players every year. And I think the Reds better be careful how they move forward or all we are going to see in the ballpark are fans of the opposing team. It's already close to that now

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's official.
Dilson has been added to the roster.

There's a lot of assuming that the Reds are going to be trading everyone. I'm not so sure the FO is totally sold on selling for the sake of selling

Trading Floro isn't an indicator of much more than the Dodgers called and asked about a couple guys they were familiar with and that the Reds would rather have the other two guys.

The Reds don't have to trade or extend Scooter. They can keep him for the next season and a half if they choose. Harvey is more short term, but if another team isn't willing to give much in return they can hang onto both much in the same vein as with Cozart last year.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm scratching my head about this but I guess I figure we have for outfielders and that's enough probably something is getting ready to happen?

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. The Reds are not in desperation mode despite what all the scribes on MLB like to think. They have team-friendly contracts will all their trade pieces. If they do nothing, they won't be worse off.

I don't see the upside of bringing Dillson up now to sit the bench. Unless Cincy got a gimmee deal, trading Scooter before the ASG is just dumb PR.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be nice to win this series from the Cubs.

There are a lot of Reds getting hit by pitches lately. Even Hamilton got it the other night, looked like the guy threw the ball behind him. I can't see why they would throw at Hamilton so I will give the pitcher the benefit of the doubt, but that ball really got away from him

I just realized I posted this on the wrong board, so I'll make it right. I hope we can get 2 or 3 more wins from Harvey before they trade him for "PROSPECTS"

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be nice to win this series from the Cubs.

There are a lot of Reds getting hit by pitches lately. Even Hamilton got it the other night, looked like the guy threw the ball behind him. I can't see why they would throw at Hamilton so I will give the pitcher the benefit of the doubt, but that ball really got away from him

I just realized I posted this on the wrong board, so I'll make it right. I hope we can get 2 or 3 more wins from Harvey before they trade him for "PROSPECTS"
there's no wrong board. All topics lead back to the dugout.
Yeah, a lot of hbp lately. Duvall, Schebler, and some wild ones up to Votto a couple of times.
I don't think the Reds are throwing inside as much though they appear to be doing it more than with the previous dugout staff. Maybe that's Darwin.

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the Reds attempting to pitch inside and missing over the plate too much. A lot of the 0-2 count hits are a result of the pitcher missing over the plate. It's the same result as a single if you hit the batter, but leaving it over the plate often results in more than a single.

There's a lot of guys that crowd the plate and then whine about getting hbp. The reality is they're inviting it. Rizzo is one of the better examples of a guy that crowds the plate and takes exception to the pitcher coming inside. It's part of the cat and mouse of the AB. If you don't like getting brushed back, don't crowd the plate.

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Reds could have won or loss all three games in Chicago. The series for the Reds was marred by late inning defensive gaffes.

Votto the clown juggling the ball as he crossed the bag in the 10th loading the bases for Stephens to complete the train wreck. Wasn't much better when he threw the ball home the previous inning when the runner was retreating to 3rd and not recording an out.

Allowing Heyward to score from 1st on a single to CF was embarrassing. Peraza diving for the ball and not getting back to his feet and taking the cutoff throw. Followed by Hamilton making a lollipop throw to Scooter standing on 2nd who can't throw the ball 90 ft, much less 120 ft from 2nd to home.

It's an adventure anytime Scooter has to make a throw. Teams are taking the extra base nearly every time the outfield relay is headed Scooter's way.

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bullpen which has been pretty good for the most part couldn't hold the leads they were given Saturday and Sunday, but the poor defense played a role in that.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like it when the Reds get beat , but it's worse when they could have won and throw the game away.

Winning like the Reds have in the last month sort spoils you. a person gets to thinking they should win them all

My goal for the Reds is 78 + wins, I'd Really be happy with finishing over 500. But gong on in the 2nd half there is a lot that can happened to blow my hopes to pieces.

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the upside of bringing Dillson up now to sit the bench

Dilson has been on the roster three games and hasn't needed a bat or a glove.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reds have 3 on the all-star team, Scooter, Suarez, and surprisingly Votto.

Hit-n-Run

Go Reds!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.
I wasn't expecting to hear Votto's name called for the All Star game. I haven't looked at who was having a good year at whatever position, but you generally assume there are multiple guys having good offensive years at 1st.

There's always a case to be made for someone having a good season that is left off the team.

Scooter and Suarez are both more than deserving.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aguilar, Brewers 1st baseman. batting 306 with 22 homeruns and 63 RBI's. He wasn't on the ballot It's between him and Goldschmidts as who else makes it. Aguilar is having a great year and deserves to be there over every 1st baseman in the league' And this is why I hate the All star game. Popularity means more than talent.

There has been years when Votto has been left off when he should have been there. But I would still went with Aguilar.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agular will probably get the last spot.

On relievers, I think Riggs uses them too often in a series against a good team. Reliever's best weapon is not being seen too often. Usually, like Hughes, has 1 or 2 out pitches. If you only see it every 6 weeks, he beats you. If you see it 3 days in a row, he needs a defense to help him.
Riggs doesn't manage his bullpen well at all.

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players voted Joey Votto in, That is a real honor for Joey. I didn't know the players had any thing to do with it

Brewers fans are pissed at Joey, Maybe they should have voted more.