• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

prospects that aren't interesting to people

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aside from the franco, crawford, nola type names.. more players actually do exist.

one player i'm intrigued by is gabriel lino. in a rare smart move, the phils did to the o's with thome what the astros did to the phils with santana.. steal a really young player who wasn't doing anything special and was years away, but had potential.

fast forward 3 years. lino just turned 22 a few weeks ago. he's already at reading and is hitting .266/.333 obp/.765 ops. i don't know how his defense is, but given his age and the level.. those numbers are nice for a catcher. joseph recently had his 80th concussion and rupp is going to be 27 soon. lino might be the answer for the future at catcher.

another kid i like is brandon leibrandt (son of charlie leibrandt.) he's a 22 year old lefty starter with a 5-2 record, 2.66 era at clearwater. he's done well his 2 years in the system, 8-7 with a 2.74 era. what i like is his great control and decent K numbers. 123 k's and just 21 walks in 125 innings. his career whip is 0.96. i hope he gets bumped up to reading soon so it can be seen how he handles the jump. but with all the pitching there, it might not be until next season.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some prospects are borderline their whole career. Some just emerge with a breakout year. However some of the
highly rated sure thing types will fail in the big league. The most difficult thing to solve with these youngsters
is their mindset. I think that they should be assigned a mental life coach the 1st two years in the majors.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People in Florida have been talking about Carlos Tucci for a while now and I just checked out his stats and it seems like this year he is putting up some numbers so far. Of course he is another Centerfielder/Leadoff type, and it seems like that is the one role they seem to have an abundance of. (Revere, Herrera, Quinn). Anyway, he's stilll 19 years old and in Single A so I guess things can change in a couple years.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could add a guy like Nola and some of the suggestions here and we'd still be ahead of the crap we are putting on the field these days. The Phillies have nothing to lose and they just may stumble onto a few young talents that could develop into a good team in a couple of years. None of it is going to occur with braindead still running this dog and pony show though.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Phillies on Tuesday promoted catcher Gabe Lino from Double A Reading to Triple A Lehigh Valley.

Lino, 22, had hit .266 with a .765 OPS in 123 plate appearances with the Fightin Phils this season, homering three times and driving in 13 runs.

His defense has stood out — Lino has thrown out 15 of 31 would-be base stealers (48 percent). Last season, he nabbed 30 of 71 (42 percent) at Single A Clearwater.

Lino was acquired by the Phillies in the June 2012 trade of Jim Thome to Baltimore. Considering Thome was spent by then, Lino and pitcher Kyle Simon represented a solid return by GM Ruben Amaro Jr.

With 2013 second-round pick Andrew Knapp still at High-A, Lino is arguably the Phils' top catching prospect.

At Lehigh Valley, Lino will take the place of catcher Logan Moore, who was demoted to Reading.

Catching depth is important for the IronPigs with Tommy Joseph sidelined by another concussion.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could add a guy like Nola and some of the suggestions here and we'd still be ahead of the crap we are putting on the field these days. The Phillies have nothing to lose and they just may stumble onto a few young talents that could develop into a good team in a couple of years. None of it is going to occur with braindead still running this dog and pony show though.

They are afraid that their prospects are as weak minded as they are.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree eaglesnut. This front office is as dysfunctional as they come and the fans should boycott this team and force the sale of the franchise to somebody that knows what they are doing, but that won't happen.