• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pronger

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone read Pinacio's column today? I'm really concerned about Pronger's status. Apparently he still has this lingering virus. This makes me wonder if he will be around anytime soon? I think we have no choice but to make a trade for a defenseman.

KS32790

SHOOOOOOOOOT IT !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hes out after that knee surgery for a few more weeks. Hopefully he will be over this illness by then. I wouldnt mind them getting a 5-6 defenseman if we dont trade anyone from the NHL club..... Unless its Shelley

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCabe is a free agent.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pronger wont play 40 consecutive games again in his career.. book it.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Last edited by a moderator:

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
fuck.
fuck.
mega fuck.

hate to say it, but i think he's done. if you have concussion symptoms that bad at 37, its not worth coming back at 38 and trying to continue to play.

this is horrible news. poor guy. fluke luck. hes had so many fluke injuries the last 2 years. concussions, hit by pucks, etc..

with that being said...let the shea weber to philly sweepstakes begin.

do you think they'll name a new captain in pronger's absence? giroux?

recon

FLYERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giroux could be out for a while too. It would be Timonen if they did.

Flyerfanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think they'll name a captain in his stead. This team is made of different stuff than teams from the past few years and they seem to respond to both the appointed leaders and unofficial leaders that lead by example. I have no doubt that they will continue to stick together and play for each other through the injuries and beyond.

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it, but awaz and myself thought the worse. No surprise here. Next time we play the Leafs, let's return the favor to Gravosky. This sucks. I think a trade comes before the trade deadline for a true 1 Dman.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I'm a big pronger fan, but this sucks. If he's done we're fucked for almost 5m for 5yrs. I can't see the NHL letting the ltir thing continue and with post concussion syndrome it's more clear that he won't get better. The only good that can come of this is that homer will learn no more long term 35+ contracts... I hope.

I agree that well see a trade for another top pair d-man before the deadline, I am loving bourdon though.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(I dont care he is done for the season, I care that cap hit may stay)

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(I dont care he is done for the season, I care that cap hit may stay)

Okay. Here is what I just learned in regard to the current CBA. From what I just heard, Pronger will be placed on ltir. His cap hit will be off the books from what the guy was saying on NHL Network. Therefore that gives us about 4 million plus to go after Suter. All signs are pointing to this direction. Nashville is not going to resign him and will try to make a trade now or by the deadline. It's not all terrible news. However, what will we be giving up? I would love Suter.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay. Here is what I just learned in regard to the current CBA. From what I just heard, Pronger will be placed on ltir. His cap hit will be off the books from what the guy was saying on NHL Network. Therefore that gives us about 4 million plus to go after Suter. All signs are pointing to this direction. Nashville is not going to resign him and will try to make a trade now or by the deadline. It's not all terrible news. However, what will we be giving up? I would love Suter.

The LTIR thing kinda scares me, as it is clearly circumveting the CBA. I hope the NHL does not step in- if not, cool. I can live with this.

See my beautiful trade thread. :)

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it, but awaz and myself thought the worse. No surprise here. Next time we play the Leafs, let's return the favor to Gravosky. This sucks. I think a trade comes before the trade deadline for a true 1 Dman.

The LTIR thing kinda scares me, as it is clearly circumveting the CBA. I hope the NHL does not step in- if not, cool. I can live with this.

I have to admit that I was still unsure how ltir and cap work. The guy on the NHL Network was even confused until he asked from NHL officials in detail how this Pronger injury affect us. Basically it just sounds like his cap hit will come off the books regardless of his age. If this is the case, I think we will be hearing more about Suter in the coming days.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

As long as we give him a fair chance to play and make the roster, there is no way around it.

Pronger won't give up, you can bank on that. If anything, he owes it to us to let us LTIR him if he cannot be deemed healthy enough to make the team out of training camp.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as we give him a fair chance to play and make the roster, there is no way around it.

Pronger won't give up, you can bank on that. If anything, he owes it to us to let us LTIR him if he cannot be deemed healthy enough to make the team out of training camp.

I bet come March we will hear whispers of him maaayyyybeee coming back, obviously he wont. I wont deny it, Pronger is a god damn warrior. Not like he has anything to lose on the LTIR. Got his moneys, his wives, and his Cup.