• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pronger to retire?

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone read or see this on twitter. Homer is denying the rumor, but someone reported that the Pronger's are apparently moving back to ST. Louis. Homer is saying it's because of a family member has an illness. Not sure heat I believe. If he retires, that contract kills us for a few years.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His career is over. Doubt they let him retire.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im pretty sure if he retires his money will go against the cap that will stink if he does retire.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homer is denying it:

Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren strongly refuted a Facebook rumor that defenseman Chris Pronger was retiring and moving to St. Louis with his family.
Fans on Twitter and Facebook reported seeing a huge moving van in front of Pronger's Haddonfield house on Wednesday.

That's just a little over-the-top there, folks.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really think there will be a change in the CBA that allows the flyers out of this contract

it'd be pretty lucky for the flyers, but lets be honest, the guy should be allowed to retire in peace without being hastled by the flyers to "keep trying" to come back to help out the team

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really think there will be a change in the CBA that allows the flyers out of this contract

it'd be pretty lucky for the flyers, but lets be honest, the guy should be allowed to retire in peace without being hastled by the flyers to "keep trying" to come back to help out the team

League rules need to change to conform withy salary cap era as situations occur

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with this. I wish Pronger could retire in peace and that there can be an exception to the rule or rules for certain situations. We all know he is done. It's a shame that we have to keep him on LTIR for the next few years. Let the msn retire and not kill the Flyers cap issue here NHL.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this. I wish Pronger could retire in peace and that there can be an exception to the rule or rules for certain situations. We all know he is done. It's a shame that we have to keep him on LTIR for the next few years. Let the msn retire and not kill the Flyers cap issue here NHL.

^^^this

fanwagon

G for C
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya seriously. Let him go in peace. There should at least be an injury exception to the rule in the new CBA imo. I mean does anyone actually believe he is going to come back? I feel bad for the guy. He played great for the flyers but I, as a fan, am ready to move on.