• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pro Bowl update: Staley, Reid, Lee in 2nd place at their positions

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of the names are silly, but you expect that in part from home team homer fans, casual fans, and people that go by Madden ratings.

At the same time it can't be any worse than some of the NBA All Star games of recent past when Yao Ming & Tracy McGrady would be the top vote recipients without even stepping onto the court.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Some of the names are silly, but you expect that in part from home team homer fans, casual fans, and people that go by Madden ratings.

At the same time it can't be any worse than some of the NBA All Star games of recent past when Yao Ming & Tracy McGrady would be the top vote recipients without even stepping onto the court.

I'm not going to argue who has made it each year to the NBA All-Star game, but it infuriates me to no end that one can ALREADY vote for the game and we're only 9-12 games in. Ahhhhhhhhhhh!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I stopped paying attention to the pro bowl when Vince Young got voted in. It was losing cred' most of the years Michael Vick & McNabb made it.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reid deserves it. Kid has been a stud. he just needs to stop knocking himself out of games.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We really hit a home run with Reid.

I'd *rather* have Reid than Goldson. What has Goldson done this year except collect big fines and suspensions?

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the subject of the Pro Bowl, what do you guys think of the new draft system they've put in place this year instead of the classic conference vs conference matchup? I think it is a bit weird and prefer the old system, but I guess I'm sort of interested in how the process will happen, but I wouldn't actually WATCH a Pro Bowl draft, if that is the NFL's goal.

I've had an idea for years that I've always thought would be really cool way to make the idea of a Pro Bowl relevant again, but there is no way in hell that it would happen. Instead of just 2 teams where the same players get voted in every year, I would expand the concept from 2 teams of all pro players to make 8 teams consisting of the best players from each division; 1 NFC West team, NFC South, AFC North, AFC East, etc. It would be like a mini playoffs, with 8 teams down to 4, down to the final 2 championship teams, and the winning Division all star team get a monetary bonus, like a percentage of the gate or something. Plus the NFL could get rid of 2 preseason games in order to justify adding 2 playoff caliber games and making the Pro Bowl more interesting.

Colin Kaepernick throwing to Fitzgerald; Darnell Dockett & Justin Smith lining up on the same D-line; Richard Sherman playing with safety help over the top from Eric Reid... Again, I know this would never happen, but I think it would be MUCH more interesting than the suck fest that is the regular Pro Bowl (and it would be a reason to get rid of 2 preseason games!).

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't care less about individual honors for the players. I want the team to win. That's all I care about.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Reid deserves it. Kid has been a stud. he just needs to stop knocking himself out of games.

The last one is understandable. He hit a 250 pound 'back, who was going about full speed, and Reid stopped him in his tracks. I'm loving his willingness to hit.

Reid is easily the best safety in the 2013 draft, and I think he'll be one of the 3 to 5 best safeties in the league for a very long time. :D

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last one is understandable. He hit a 250 pound 'back, who was going about full speed, and Reid stopped him in his tracks. I'm loving his willingness to hit.

Reid is easily the best safety in the 2013 draft, and I think he'll be one of the 3 to 5 best safeties in the league for a very long time. :D

I agree he is the best in the draft class. I had him #2 going into the draft and was shocked when some were questioning the pick. Kid was awesome at LSU. Jr year was the best safety in college football.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well deserved by Staley. There are very, very few OTs in the league one can make an argument for being better than Staley.