• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Prisco

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....has us going 4-12 in his individual game predictions.

Hmmmmmm.......

I won't even bother posting the link.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point you know he just loves trolling Seahawk fans.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle being sub-500 was pretty much normal in the prediction thread.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything from 4-9 wins would not shock me. At this point I'd guess 7 but we haven't even seen the first preseason game yet.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything from 4-9 wins would not shock me. At this point I'd guess 7 but we haven't even seen the first preseason game yet.

I will be shocked if this team wins fewer than 9 games.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My prediction... We'll exceed the Mariners win total so far this month...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That just means you're not a pessimistic asshole like me.

LOL. Maybe. But ultimately it mostly means that when you have a top 5 QB, you win more games than you lose.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Maybe. But ultimately it mostly means that when you have a top 5 QB, you win more games than you lose.
This is true. Just a lot of new factors this year. Two new coordinators, new O-line coach, revamped offense, several big name defenders gone. A lot can go wrong. Hoping we see some promising stuff tonight and over the next four weeks.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that this could be a tough year but 4 wins seems excessively bad. I can't imagine less than 6 and up to a surprise 9-10 range. Wilson alone can carry us to 4 wins in his sleep.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prisco does not like the seahawks even when we were great he would always find something negative to say

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This... A top QB 5 is going to get you a few more extra wins, while allowing you to be more competitive in each game...

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....has us going 4-12 in his individual game predictions.

Hmmmmmm.......

I won't even bother posting the link.

Actually, he predicted 5-11 for Seattle, but yeah, equally ridiculous IMO

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This... A top QB 5 is going to get you a few more extra wins, while allowing you to be more competitive in each game...

This is pretty much where I am. If RW is a truly elite franchise QB, which I think he is, 9-7 is practically the low water mark or maybe 8-8 if he doesn't play the whole year. Of the league's other top 5 elite type QBs, only Brees has posted a sub-.500 year recently. Brady has been 10+ wins every year but 1 (9 wins in 2002). Roethlisberger 0 losing seasons. Rodgers' only losing season was his first as a starter (not counting last year since he missed most of it). Brees is the outlier in this group with 5 losing seasons, but he's also been dealt some pretty horrific defenses to overcome.

And then you have Russell, who is more or less smashing all the starting QB win records as he goes along 6 years into a career that is on a HOF arc. It took season ending injuries to other HOF teammates, injuries to virtually every RB, one of the worst OLs in history, and 2 really bad choke job kicking performances to pull him down to 9 wins last season. 4-12 is a total joke (unless RW goes down for the year in week 1), and 6-10 isn't far behind.

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming QB health, I think anything outside the range of 6-10 wins is highly unlikely on either end. With Wilson, there’s a floor, but the team has obviously regressed in several areas. If Russ goes all 2015 again, the playoffs are within reach.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming QB health, I think anything outside the range of 6-10 wins is highly unlikely on either end. With Wilson, there’s a floor, but the team has obviously regressed in several areas. If Russ goes all 2015 again, the playoffs are within reach.
I'm not convinced the team has regressed in several areas. There are certainly some question marks and/or unproven players, and we have lost a few guys with big name recognition, but I will at least give the new faces and younger players a chance to prove what they can do before deciding they are downgrades. For example, Michael Bennett is 33 and the last couple years has had bumps and bruises that have challenged his playmaking toward the end of seasons; Richard Sherman is 30 and coming off a pretty bad injury. I'm not 100% on what those 2 older players are going to do this year or would have done if they had remained Hawks. The worst loss is probably Sheldon Richardson because of his youth and versatility on that DL, and I think McDougald will come in and play well enough at SS.

I think we're better at RB, OL, TE (fit for our offense anyway), kicking game, and maybe WR & LB. The losses on DL & DB are a concern, but again we have some younger players there who will get a chance to show what they can do.

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not convinced the team has regressed in several areas. There are certainly some question marks and/or unproven players, and we have lost a few guys with big name recognition, but I will at least give the new faces and younger players a chance to prove what they can do before deciding they are downgrades. For example, Michael Bennett is 33 and the last couple years has had bumps and bruises that have challenged his playmaking toward the end of seasons; Richard Sherman is 30 and coming off a pretty bad injury. I'm not 100% on what those 2 older players are going to do this year or would have done if they had remained Hawks. The worst loss is probably Sheldon Richardson because of his youth and versatility on that DL, and I think McDougald will come in and play well enough at SS.

I think we're better at RB, OL, TE (fit for our offense anyway), kicking game, and maybe WR & LB. The losses on DL & DB are a concern, but again we have some younger players there who will get a chance to show what they can do.

I think the offense may be better than last year, specifically on the OL.

I think it's undeniable that this team is a lot worse on defense than it was going into the season last year. At best, you're replacing 2 borderline HOFers in the secondary, and at worst you're replacing 3. Even if guys overachieve, it will very likely be the worst secondary we've had in the PCJS era since Lawyer Milloy was playing. LB should be fine/remain the same, but the DL looks quite a bit worse to me. Sheldon, Bennett and Avril is a lot of production to replace. Some of that on the edge can be offset by increasing Frank Clark's role, but there's still a lot of snaps to fill that some very good players took last year. And I was more than fine seeing Bennett go, but even at 33 he was still a very productive player. Ditto Avril when healthy.

Like I said, I think these 4-12 predictions are silly and over-dramatic. But I could absolutely see 6-10 or 7-9 with a lot of gaps to fill and a tough schedule (on paper)