• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Prince Fielder is a fat slob

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you talking about JDW? Not in the lineup? I'd like to see a homerun, but I definitely don't want him benched.(Moved from first to DH would be fine) He hit well in the Oakland series. And he'll never be traded. (Unless he requests a trade) DD and Mr. I don't treat FA signees with any disrespect. In order to bring more FA signees.

Game 6 & 7 in Boston so he will not hear the boos. But the fans have started riding him and rightfully so. Bounce outs to second are getting hard to stomach.

As for more FA to Detroit.....Prince's 20 million a season wasn't bad last year and this year. But the Tigers need to lock up Miggy and it comes down to who do you want more Max or Prince? I can't see Detroit having Miggy, JV, Prince, and Max all having 20 million dollar a year deals. Detroit's window with all these guys are closing. My guess is next year is the last year all four will be in Detroit and this post season is not leaving a good impression on the people that are writing the checks.

Detroit will not be in the market for a big name FA for awhile.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fielder never was that physically impressive below those broad shoulders, but he's only 29.So this Red Sox fan would advise you not to give up on him yet.

If this hasn't been his best season it doesn't really matter, IMO. Every player has a sub-par season or two in his career.

Fielder should have 3 or more good years left.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey, congrats, Fielder got a clutch walk tonight..he is breaking out.

bringing in Morales was like bringing in a Tigers reliever, he has to be the worst of the bullpen...bring him in during clutch time, lol

Last edited by a moderator:

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and Fielder runs them out of runs...with his basepath speed.

Tigertowner68

Church of Baseball member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me a break! Stop being such ''front runners'' and/or 'prophets of doom'. All it will take is one big game from Fielder, and these posters above me will be singing the opposite tune. Fielder isn't going anywhere - especially if the season ends Saturday. What team would consider obtaining a player, who is still owed over $150 million dollars, has come off a mediocre (for him) season and a poor post-season? Some of you Tiger fans sure turn 180 degrees quickly. A year ago, you were wetting your pants that the team got Fielder, that he was worth every penny, and Dombrowski was a genius. The same people that are bitching about Fielder now, were probably the ones that claimed Verlander's career was finished back in August and that Vmart was washed up in May.

By and large totally correct.

Tigertowner68

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone outside of Detroit fans would take Hosmer over Fielder from 2013 on.....Tigers fans still thinking they will get 40 to 50 hr Fielder....that guy is long gone....just like his dad, his 30's will not be very good to him...

Fielder is proving it last year and this year...putting money on Fielder, Avila and Jackkkkkson is never a good bet....VMart is about as close as "robin" as it gets to Miggy's "batman".

Hey, who knows things could change, after 137 abs you figure a hot streak is coming sometime soon.

As a realistic Tiger fan, I'd love to be able to swap Fielder for Hosmer...

Tigertowner68

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 6 & 7 in Boston so he will not hear the boos. But the fans have started riding him and rightfully so. Bounce outs to second are getting hard to stomach.

As for more FA to Detroit.....Prince's 20 million a season wasn't bad last year and this year. But the Tigers need to lock up Miggy and it comes down to who do you want more Max or Prince? I can't see Detroit having Miggy, JV, Prince, and Max all having 20 million dollar a year deals. Detroit's window with all these guys are closing. My guess is next year is the last year all four will be in Detroit and this post season is not leaving a good impression on the people that are writing the checks.

Detroit will not be in the market for a big name FA for awhile.

:wtf2:

Who do you want more, Prince or Max?

The Tigers don't have a choice...they are tied like mules to Fielder. He's signed, sealed and will remain present. Like it or not.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone outside of Detroit fans would take Hosmer over Fielder from 2013 on.....Tigers fans still thinking they will get 40 to 50 hr Fielder....that guy is long gone....just like his dad, his 30's will not be very good to him...

Fielder is proving it last year and this year...putting money on Fielder, Avila and Jackkkkkson is never a good bet....VMart is about as close as "robin" as it gets to Miggy's "batman".

Hey, who knows things could change after 137 abs you figure a hot streak is coming sometime soon.

And one day the royals might be relevant. You are such a tigers hater you have no credibility.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me a break! Stop being such ''front runners'' and/or 'prophets of doom'. All it will take is one big game from Fielder, and these posters above me will be singing the opposite tune. Fielder isn't going anywhere - especially if the season ends Saturday. What team would consider obtaining a player, who is still owed over $150 million dollars, has come off a mediocre (for him) season and a poor post-season? Some of you Tiger fans sure turn 180 degrees quickly. A year ago, you were wetting your pants that the team got Fielder, that he was worth every penny, and Dombrowski was a genius. The same people that are bitching about Fielder now, were probably the ones that claimed Verlander's career was finished back in August and that Vmart was washed up in May.

Not all tigers fans are like that. I know you have this weird vendetta against all tigers fans though. I have been against fielders signing from the beginning, I was one of few that advocated for Vmart and JV while they struggled. So no, not all tiges fans are who you think they are.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And one day the royals might be relevant. You are such a tigers hater you have no credibility.

I am first and formost a baseball fan...and very realistic....Fielder is only 29 and he will NOT get in better shape...thats just the way his body is....well unless he does a Barry Bonds....and still that wont work as well for him and his body style...he will be like his dad, he may hit for average a bit longer, thats the best he has...

I said the Tigers bullpen would blow games in the post season because they chose not to improve it, they did.
I said the Tigers lineup was not strong without Miggy....they aren't
I said Jackkkkkson was a horrible leadoff hitter....he was...so much they moved him out of it...
I said Fielder isn't that good....he wasn't...
I said Avila needs to be replaced...he does...unless they get quality AB's at another position to off set him
Miggy and VMart I like, but then them, Max and JV have to get a better supporting cast...its not the stars on the team that win WS...its the quality of the weakest parts....
Tigers have to get 2 good, proven RP and not knowing how age will get Vmart and Hunter.and the ongoing Infante injury bug..they need a solid, not superstar bat, veteran, that is consistant...at C, SS, RF, LF....just one rock solid hitter that can play any of the 4 spots...
and they better do it in 2014 or the window gets even closer to closing.

They get KRod, Beltran, Mauer, Ruiz, Ramirez (CHW), R Martin, C Heisey, M Morse, Stanton (since Miami gives players to the Tigers) heck even Marlon Byrd (or someone over 30) and maybe Grilli and they wouldn't be stopped all year. Maybe they can trade Inglesis back for Garcia.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have also said how JV was washed up, honestly you just post negative things about the tigers. I agree fielder is getting paid way too much, avila is garbage, jackson is not a leadoff hitter and the tigers pen sucks. But i never said the tigers were perfect. But when all you do is post negative or positive things about a team it gives you little to no credibility. If all I did was post about how every royals player was garbage would you find me credible? For all of the realism you spew you must really have a lot of problems with your royals then.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have also said how JV was washed up, honestly you just post negative things about the tigers. I agree fielder is getting paid way too much, avila is garbage, jackson is not a leadoff hitter and the tigers pen sucks. But i never said the tigers were perfect. But when all you do is post negative or positive things about a team it gives you little to no credibility. If all I did was post about how every royals player was garbage would you find me credible? For all of the realism you spew you must really have a lot of problems with your royals then.

looking at the Royals for 30 years almost makes me an expert on bad players and washed up players, lol....but studying patterns usually helps too..

JV does have some great years left, but he will be hard pressed to have a career year better than he has already had and maybe even a stretch that he already has had....washed up for JV means still better than 95 percent of MLB pitching, he is a different level of washed up....George Brett was washed up from his level and still played 10 more years.