• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pretty sure the UK wrestling scene is about to die

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s easier to post the Reddit link instead of every accusation but apparently a gigantic bombshell dropped earlier today where countless UK wrestlers(and some US) are being accused of massive sexual assault/abuse. Even some wrestling promoters and hire-up people like Dave Lagana and Jim Cornette are being accused.

And this isn’t just some small indy people, this is people who work for NXT UK, AEW, ROH, TNA, NWA, just to name some bigger ones.

[META] Is it possible to get a pinned, fleshed-out thread around the British wrestling scene's sexual assault allegations? : SquaredCircle

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Cornette stuff is beyond fucked up. I've always thought he was a piece of shit but damn.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Cornette stuff is beyond fucked up. I've always thought he was a piece of shit but damn.

If the Cornette stuff with him and his wife are true(and with screenshots and messages it’s leaning that way), OVW with him and Bill DeMott being higher ups and in charge sounds like a nightmare.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wrestling gets a pass on a lot of things because its not taken seriously by the media at large.

The metoo skeletons in their closet are most likely horrific. This is going to get really bad.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to post a video. Watch it on YouTube because as Oli, the guy doing it, says at the end " there are links in the description below".

It stuns me in a job made for "adults", how many immature boys we have.

I'm a oldest military brat from 3 boys ( almost 36, 34, almost 32). If anyone of us got disrespectful of our mom, he tell us that. We learned how to respect women at a young age.

THIS SHIT IS NOT ALRIGHT.

I'm glad this speak out movement is coming out. I understand that some people think it is designed to "ruin" but you're part of the problem if so. A life partner is something to be treated like a sign of royalty and a friend. Not a piece of ass.

I'm out.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrestling gets a pass on a lot of things because its not taken seriously by the media at large.

The metoo skeletons in their closet are most likely horrific. This is going to get really bad.

Yep and I for one welcome it. This shit is not ok.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jim Cornette? More like Jim Cucknette, amirite or amirite

Ea15aLuWsAIqBic

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp looks like the NWA is done, at least for a good while

And from PWI: As noted in the company's statement, Lagana's departure all but shuts down the existing version of the promotion as he handled executing the creative, production and even the editing of the NWA's content.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

And from PWI: As noted in the company's statement, Lagana's departure all but shuts down the existing version of the promotion as he handled executing the creative, production and even the editing of the NWA's content.

I'm sure a lot of it was Corgan's vision but Lagana basically ran the day to day operations of the NWA. That company can't function without him. I have no clue where they go from here.

Between this situation, the pandemic, and Corgan having a nice day job as a rock star, I wouldn't be surprised if they close up shop.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In regard to allegations made over the last 24 hours about the alleged improprieties of several Impact talents, including Joey Ryan and Dave Crist, Impact Wrestling's parent company Anthem issued the following statement to PWInsider.com:

It is a core value of the Anthem organization that we conduct our business with respect and integrity, providing a safe and secure work environment for our employees and performers.

We are following carefully the various allegations being made through social media, and are reviewing all incidents involving Impact Wrestling talent and personnel to determine an appropriate course of action.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn shame because NWA was actually pretty good. It was fun little hour of wrestling. AEW needs swoop in and get some of those women to boost their roster though. Thunder Rosa, Camille, etc.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Velveteen Dream has been accused (again) of grooming underage boys. He's gonna be toast

WWE also fired Jack Gallagher after accusations against him

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Velveteen Dream has been accused (again) of grooming underage boys. He's gonna be toast

WWE also fired Jack Gallagher after accusations against him
The Gallagher one makes me think that they had damning evidence against him since they've been saying that they're going to look into all the others

In regard to allegations made over the last 24 hours about the alleged improprieties of several Impact talents, including Joey Ryan and Dave Crist, Impact Wrestling's parent company Anthem issued the following statement to PWInsider.com:

It is a core value of the Anthem organization that we conduct our business with respect and integrity, providing a safe and secure work environment for our employees and performers.

We are following carefully the various allegations being made through social media, and are reviewing all incidents involving Impact Wrestling talent and personnel to determine an appropriate course of action.
A guy that uses a move called the Penis Suplex getting named in a sexual allegation suit doesn't surprise me in the least.

I bet somewhere Vince Russo is smiling, seeing Cornette in a lot of hot water at the moment.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet somewhere Vince Russo is smiling, seeing Cornette in a lot of hot water at the moment.

Eh, despite hating Cornette I think Russo is more worried about the allegations making the rounds about him. I’ve seen his name mentioned a few times but can’t find anything specific yet.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Eh, despite hating Cornette I think Russo is more worried about the allegations making the rounds about him. I’ve seen his name mentioned a few times but can’t find anything specific yet.

To be fair I've only seen his name on one anonymous master list of "abusers" that had dozens of names and nobody has made a specific allegation against him yet. He's connected to this in the weakest way conceivable and deserves the benefit of the doubt.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The Gallagher one makes me think that they had damning evidence against him since they've been saying that they're going to look into all the others

Either that or he was already on thin ice for other issues and this pushed him out the door. That seemed to be what happened to Enzo.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Damn shame because NWA was actually pretty good. It was fun little hour of wrestling. AEW needs swoop in and get some of those women to boost their roster though. Thunder Rosa, Camille, etc.

If hypothetically the NWA were to dissolve and everyone there was a free agent Aldis gets signed by a major promotion immediately. I'm a huge Eli Drake fan too. Eddie Kingston might be the best promo in wrestling.