• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pretty clear now

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much we miss Parise. Dude wasn't just a goal scorer, he was a leader. Salvador isn't cutting it as captain. It's fun when Clarkson scores but let's be honest, he isn't going to have 30 goal seasons every year. Really the only scoring threat we have outside of Kovy is Henrique, who is still young yet.

Bottom line is this team needs a shakeup, and by that I mean get someone more useful than freakin' Poni...

I'm not one to jump cliffs but this is not a season where we can lose 5 of 6 games and it's "just part of the season"

Upside if there is one, is that if they are gonna go through this stretch, might be the best time for it. Approaching halfway point and if they can catch fire again, who knows? I just know I'm getting tired of watching this crap night in and night out...

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Its early. Before the season started, everybody was picking the rangers to win the conference and the Devils to barely make it. Devils have so far overachieved.

Tonight, I saw Kovy and Loki came to play, the others? not so much. The team actually played better than the last few games even though they lost tonigiht.

They will be fine.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is all of our guys are slumping at once..but then again then were all hot at the same time just a few games ago.

Your always gonna get a little bit of each..but when it happens all at once its gonna look ugly.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
its a little beyond slumping though. like dabbs said losing 5 of 6 is HUGE. its not like its november and theres another 60 games to go. i still think unless this team totally tanks it we will still make the playoffs. but i really dont want a 1 and done series.

picking up poni just doesnt make sense and thats just not panic talk. like i said maybe he filled a role needed with parise in the lineup but without zach we already have a ton of poni type players. maybe loko will help out and pickup some goals/points that zach had last year.

i really think the defense having to worry about who will sit who will play is doing worse then good. they just look terrible out there. make a move and tell the guys still there your the defense until the end of the season so get it together.

touching on salvador as captain...some people say being a captain doesnt mean anything. i dont believe that for a second. zach was a great captain he hustled he played his little traitor heart out. i still think kovy should be getting the captain. he leads everyone in the nhl in ice time by a mile. i remember the caps game in the 3rd period he played 10mins out of the first 13mins played. thats just insane! think you should lead by example and kovy sets a good example. salvador hasnt even been our best defenseman this year that says a lot imo. and dont bring up that stupid khl crap. guy is just showing his loyalty put yourself in the shoes of the fans there...you think kovalchuk screwed you over or malkin/ovechkin?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
they do need to add a scoring winger.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its a little beyond slumping though. like dabbs said losing 5 of 6 is HUGE. its not like its november and theres another 60 games to go. i still think unless this team totally tanks it we will still make the playoffs. but i really dont want a 1 and done series.

picking up poni just doesnt make sense and thats just not panic talk. like i said maybe he filled a role needed with parise in the lineup but without zach we already have a ton of poni type players. maybe loko will help out and pickup some goals/points that zach had last year.

i really think the defense having to worry about who will sit who will play is doing worse then good. they just look terrible out there. make a move and tell the guys still there your the defense until the end of the season so get it together.

touching on salvador as captain...some people say being a captain doesnt mean anything. i dont believe that for a second. zach was a great captain he hustled he played his little traitor heart out. i still think kovy should be getting the captain. he leads everyone in the nhl in ice time by a mile. i remember the caps game in the 3rd period he played 10mins out of the first 13mins played. thats just insane! think you should lead by example and kovy sets a good example. salvador hasnt even been our best defenseman this year that says a lot imo. and dont bring up that stupid khl crap. guy is just showing his loyalty put yourself in the shoes of the fans there...you think kovalchuk screwed you over or malkin/ovechkin?

I agree with the bolded. At first I thought it would be good to have some healthy competition, that it would drive the guys to do better. That doesn't seem to be the case and I think it's screwing with guys mentally. A-Train being a healthy scratch? Fayne resorting back to his rookiesque mistakes? What is the cause of this other than something is up with them mentally?

We look like a team that is not on the same page. It's almost like they've lost chemistry. 2 guys going for the loose puck and then both bailing at the last second assuming the other is going to get it, then the other team winning a 1 vs 2 battle, bad passing, trouble clearing the zone. This is just sloppy, sloppy hockey. I don't know who's at fault or how to fix it but this is painful to watch.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Deboer i trust... i'm sure we'll get these guys playing right and smart soon enough....

i want a little urgency though for my sanity but we'll be fine...

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah thats another thing the sloppy passing and clearing. not just the defense but the forwards too its terrible.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So to recap how we all feel (or at least how I feel) about our current situation:

-We need Marty back and stealing games for us.

-Our D has been subpar, possibly do to the revolving door the 5/6 spots have become. (Tallinder, Fayne and Volchenkov should not be healthy scratches).

-Zajac and Henrique need to step up and start contributing to the scoresheet.

-PK needs to get back on track

-We could really use another goal scorer

-We basically need to stop mailing it in and playing sloppy (bad passes, lazy clearing attempts, weak defending, losing battles for the puck).

Am I missing anything?

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they do need to add a scoring winger.

For sure. I agree with you on Pni as well. Was never a big fan of his. he had a nice run for us last year, but there's a reason he bounces around so much.

Liking what I see from Loki so far, hopefully Carter gets 3rd line going again, but yes, we need another goal scorer on the wing.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We have a 60 goal scorer in the OHL... just kidding, well sort of.