• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason Week 2: @GB

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injury Report:
Steelers Injury Report: Antonio Brown returns to practice while T.J. Watt remains out

*Watt & Dupree remain sidelined. Watt struggling with hammy, & Dupree in concussion protocol.
*Finney will likely remain sidelined throughout PG2. Noticeable limp at practice on sideline.
*Davis has a groin issue. Deemed day to day.
*Grimble wearing cast on right wrist. Thumb injury of sorts.
*McDonald dealing with foot injury. Starting off year on bad note.

Practice starts around 3pm ET today.

Offense... Well I'm hoping that we will get to see less Landry Jones in this game, but I'm sure we'll see a repeat of PG1 in regards to rotation. Doubtful that we will see Ben but I'd like to see what Rudolph can do with better protection. Should see Feiler & RJ Prince on the O-line more in this game with Finney out. Expecting to see more boom or bust type of vanilla offense. Rooting for that Patterson kid.

Defense... Need to see a better showing from the LBs, but would also like to see the D-line competition take it up a notch. Didn't see much from either of them last week. Not expecting fireworks, just better fundamental football.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't watch this game for its entirety, but caught most of it.

QBs... Both Rudolph & Dobbs had their ups & downs. After the dust settled it appeared that Dobbs shined the most. But he took the field when the team was very behind and they were in passing situations mostly. With Landry sitting, it would appear that he is not in any danger of losing his backup spot. Sucks for Dobbs. There's almost zero possibility that he competes for Rudolph's spot. And a 4th QB is out of the question. Would be a tough player to cut, but that's what appears likely. Rudolph mostly struggled in this game. He looks far too slow in his reads, but he is still getting acquainted to the NFL. He may not be as NFL-ready as I originally thought he'd be, but he's in a great place to sit back & learn.

RBs... Man does Conner look good. He's a much faster quick-cut type runner but he's a powerful runner. If he can keep this up then there's no way that Bell gets 400 touches again. Conner is the future and needs to be treated as such. I know the O-line deserves a ton of credit for those bigger runs by James, but still watching the replays you could tell that Conner is starting to gel well with the starters. His vision is exactly where it needs to be.

WRs... Washington stole the show, but Juju & Patterson continued to shine. Love watching Washington play. His combat catches are incredible.

TEs... Grimble looked solid. His blocking abilities seem to have improved. McKever looks very flat in his routes, but uses his size to his advantage. His blocking sucks, but that's because he doesn't know technique. He relied on bullying players in college.

O-line... Decent game all around. Starters handled their business and opened up some car-sized holes for Conner. I can see why the coaches like RJ Prince. He's a brute. Chuks appeared to struggle on occasion. Jake Rodgers looked particularly bad in pass pro. He got straight abused in there.

LBs... Decent presence in the run game, but abysmal in coverage. Dupree flashed, but he was playing against the backup LT. GB's starting LT Baktiari (sp?), who is one of the best in the league, is nursing an injury and slated to return for the reg season. The OLB group is desperate for Watt to get healthy.

D-line... Not to nitpick, but Tuitt doesn't look very good. Might just be preseason football, but he looks like he's mailing it in out there. Hopefully he takes it up a notch in the next games leading into the season. Looked like McCullers got a lot work last night. And he looked about the same as he always has. In straight 1 on 1 situations he controls the guy with ease, but when running on stunts or double teams he disappears. His feet are miserably slow when getting out of his stance on a stunt. But when he finally makes contact he pushed the pocket consistency and made it hard for QBs to step up into the pocket or for their offense to run the ball.

DBs... Yikes. Horrible game from just about everyone involved. But then again they ran zones mostly. Burnett looked lost in zone coverage schemes. But he's an animal at the LOS. I think he will really help them in the run game this season. Sens had flashbacks to last season when he got torched by Hundley. Burns & Sutton looked ok but the rest of the group looked so bad that it was hard to watch. And by good, I mean you rarely saw them out of position, and I didn't see either get exposed. Edmunds looks like the best coverage safety they have. He's sticky. He struggles against bigger body receivers like TEs, but that is life for Safeties at this level. He has plenty of time to learn.

ST... Tomlin openly criticized the punting after the game. Think it might be time they make a change. Berry simply doesn't have the consistency they need at the position. And Matt Wile is abysmal competition. Would love for them to cut Wile & bring in another hopeful talent. Berry wouldn't be hard to beat.

Overall... Offense continues to show improvements, but the defense took a massive step back. They set a new franchise record for points allowed in a preseason game lol. Congrats asshats. Missed tackles & blown assignments were the theme of the night. That game was very difficult to watch.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ST... Tomlin openly criticized the punting after the game. Think it might be time they make a change. Berry simply doesn't have the consistency they need at the position. And Matt Wile is abysmal competition. Would love for them to cut Wile & bring in another hopeful talent. Berry wouldn't be hard to beat.

Bring back Sepulveda

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said it many times over... Putting a SS type player in at FS gives you results like these:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sens got flagged on this play per the new helmet rule... :L

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mildly dirty, but I highly doubt Williams had any malicious intent on the play. I only call it somewhat dirty because he did twist at the ankle/leg to get the RB to the ground. Play continues until the whistle is blown & each player can fight for every yard until then. If the NFL wants to deem this play dirty & fine V-Will then there should be a rule in place to prevent it. No rule means the play is completely open to interpretation.

In Williams' mind, if he lets go the player breaks free and could take it to the house. Any defender has that mindset. It was the only body part he has control of so by any means necessary (within reason) he is going to get the player to the ground. Twisting the ankle may look dirty on this play, but most would consider it a bang-bang type situation.

Last edited:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3