• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Preseason Week 1 Discussion vs Texans

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam Erving just flat out doesnt have the functional strength to play in the NFL. We've seen it time and time again.

I'm feeling like the Chiefs are going to have something like the 10th best run defense and the 31st best pass defense next year.

No idea how anyone can be inspired by the combination of Nelson and Amerson on the outside with Eric Berry and a bunch of nobodies at Safety. The biggest part of the preseason is going to see if someone steps up in the secondary. As is, it looks like trading away Peters is going to cost the Chiefs 2-4 wins next year unless I'm just overreacting.

I'm not going to get into Mahomes' play until the 3rd preseason game.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For reference, I didn't watch the 2nd half so I can't really comment on Armani Watts but he is apparently getting a lot of playtime.

I've been banging the table for the Chiefs to get a get Guard for the past two seasons. Oline still looks bad.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Obligatory

It wasn't every throw. It was every completion. Come on, NFL! Just kidding. Seriously though, I was only able to watch the play-by-play and I wanted to see the two deep attempts. Not to blame him or anything. Maybe I will see them later on the replay.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He definitely needs to throw that deep.

I think he was locked on the intermediate target, saw the deep target but Mahomes feet werent properly set and then decided against the deep throw.

The positive takeaway is that I think you can tell that he saw the right play even if he didnt make it. A guy as raw as Lamar Jackson would've just tucked it and ran.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't every throw. It was every completion. Come on, NFL! Just kidding. Seriously though, I was only able to watch the play-by-play and I wanted to see the two deep attempts. Not to blame him or anything. Maybe I will see them later on the replay.
He definitely airmailed an open Kelce downfield, albeit under significant pressure.

There was a checkdown that maybe had the wrong guy thrown too between Hunt and Conley.

I would prefer a QB not to be under siege, and I generally expect a lot better out of Tardif and Schwartz.

Erving however... off to the bench with thyself.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Found this.

2:58 onwards is probably what you're mostly looking for.

Last edited:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought coming out of the draft last year that Kpass had the highest upside. That sounds silly now but I wouldn't be shocked if he had a good season. They don't make many people on the planet like him.