• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Preseason: Seahawks @ Chargers

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep... and on that 3rd down, Ingram shed the chip block and then was blowing right past Ifedi again. If Wilson hung onto that ball for another 0.5 seconds to throw a better pass, he'd have likely been sacked.

I don't know how he is still starting. I think he might be the worst offensive lineman I have ever seen start this long with the Seahawks. I'm trying to think of someone worse, but I can't. Locklear had his issues against the pass rush, but even at his worst, he wasn't this bad.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how he is still starting. I think he might be the worst offensive lineman I have ever seen start this long with the Seahawks. I'm trying to think of someone worse, but I can't. Locklear had his issues against the pass rush, but even at his worst, he wasn't this bad.

Yah I really can't think of anyone either. Carpenter wasn't that great, but he wasn't TERRIBLE, just below average-average. There was Ingram blowing past Ifedi again.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah I really can't think of anyone either. Carpenter wasn't that great, but he wasn't TERRIBLE, just below average-average. There was Ingram blowing past Ifedi again.

Carpenter was terrible but but he didn't commit as many penalties as Ifedi.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ifedi is playing like hot garbage... getting beat on every down, surprised he still has a job .... He might have the size and strength, but his technique is sloppy...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ifedi is playing like hot garbage... getting beat on every down, surprised he still has a job .... He might have the size and strength, but his technique is sloppy...

Yah guy is either dumber than a rock or just doesn't give a shit and is happy with his $8M rookie contract until his contract year where maybe he'll put some effort in. Guy seems to be just mailing it in and never picked up any technique after his College days. Lookin' like a HUGE bust pick there.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So can we just start Fant or Sweezy at RT next week? I kind of hope Seattle will. Imagine if Bosa was playing this game and lined up against Ifedi. Jesus Christ Wilson might be dead.

snoopgoofdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defensive line is getting dominated on run plays.

It appears more like poor gap integrity. The edge defenders on every play start going outside the tackles, then the interior defenders are exploding into the A gaps. The edge defenders only seem to be concerned about the C gap, which has left the B gap wide open.
This defense is so porous they couldn't stop a running nose.

Lineman16

Yep
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm optimistic it's just preseason and not much scheme but the DL is getting blitz's this game.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW MELVIN INGRAM! Your coach teaches you fundamentals, and then let's you just go play!? HOLY SHIT JESUS! That's some revolutionary shit!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Seahawks looked like dog shit tonight. Hopefully when the real season starts they play better.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game is mostly garbage. Could be a good thing so these guys can see how poorly they played and get that crap fixed for next weeks dress rehearsal.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another note, Can Austin Davis be cut and bring Kitna out of retirement.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So glad we took a punter fifth round instead of tackle....genius

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somewhat (only somewhat) surprised at all the negativity about last night's game. I didn't think it was anywhere close to alarming on either side of the ball. It's pre-season week 2, so a young defense that doesn't get stops on every drive (with no game plan installed) against a veteran offense isn't enough to make me re-think things. Our first team O had what should have been 3 scoring drives in the 1st half -- the Carson TD taken down to a FG on a silly penalty, then the fumble at the goal line (maybe Carson's 1st fumble in the NFL or college?); this is with Penny out, only 1 target I remember to Marshall, Dickson out, still no Baldwin, limited reps for Lockett, Prosise just getting on the field, and learning the new offensive system.

Jaron Brown is fitting in pretty well. David Moore once again makes a big play down the field on a 50/50 type ball. 6 catches for Prosise. More excellent kicks from Dickson. No significant injuries to note. I'll take it.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the negative, we have a problem at RT. At least if Ifedi is playing there we do. Not sure where Fant stands in the running to get a serious look there, but Ifedi just can't play. He is either committing penalties or getting beat way too often. It's probably time to chalk it up as a bust and move on. Another early round pick on an O-lineman that this FO got wrong. The good news is they've also been able to bring in Duane Brown, hit on Pocic (still early but looks good), find the right fit for Britt, and brought in Fluker. We tend to squander the 1st rounders for whatever reason.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somewhat (only somewhat) surprised at all the negativity about last night's game. I didn't think it was anywhere close to alarming on either side of the ball. It's pre-season week 2, so a young defense that doesn't get stops on every drive (with no game plan installed) against a veteran offense isn't enough to make me re-think things. Our first team O had what should have been 3 scoring drives in the 1st half -- the Carson TD taken down to a FG on a silly penalty, then the fumble at the goal line (maybe Carson's 1st fumble in the NFL or college?); this is with Penny out, only 1 target I remember to Marshall, Dickson out, still no Baldwin, limited reps for Lockett, Prosise just getting on the field, and learning the new offensive system.

Jaron Brown is fitting in pretty well. David Moore once again makes a big play down the field on a 50/50 type ball. 6 catches for Prosise. More excellent kicks from Dickson. No significant injuries to note. I'll take it.

Think the issue most are having is Ifedi, who just looks absolutely terrible. Chargers were missing Bosa and Luigit... looking at how Ingram along with every other defender was just blowing by the edge on Ifedi resulting in a couple miracle hail marys (one that could've been called OFFENSIVE PI), if Bosa had been playing, Wilson's head probably would have been separated from his body.

I am really happy with Green and Dickson so far (Green looks like he might be a great pass rusher). I'd be surprised if we keep Ryan over Dickson because if we send Dickson to the PS, someone is taking him. Ryan always seems to dud at the worst times... like the 1st preseason game, he and Dickson had the same average, but Dicksons 35+ yarder was to pin a team inside their 20. Ryan boots it from our own 35 and the ball ends up 35 yards down the field at the other teams 35 giving great field position. Ugh... if we get to the 35-40, the opposing team should be starting at their 20 or inside. Ryan always seems to dud it up when our offense gets a little breathing room.

Dissly seems to be blocking okay, IMO his flag that called back the Carson TD was pretty ticky tack, but the refs are going to call more stuff in preseason. Agree nice to see Prosise getting some action since this is prob. his last year if he can't stay healthy.

Last edited:

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think the issue most are having is Ifedi, who just looks absolutely terrible. Chargers were missing Bosa and Luigit... looking at how Ingram along with every other defender was just blowing by the edge on Ifedi resulting in a couple miracle hail marys (one that could've been called OFFENSIVE PI), if Bosa had been playing, Wilson's head probably would have been separated from his body.

Yeah, I agree and noted (maybe you were typing when I posted about Ifedi) we have an Ifedi problem. He sucks. You usually try to give your 1st rounders as long of a look as possible since you invested so much, but more data points just make a stronger case for him being a bust. Time to move to plan B, unfortunately.

I am really happy with Green and Dickson so far (Green looks like he might be a great pass rusher). I'd be surprised if we keep Ryan over Dickson because if we send Dickson to the PS, someone is taking him. Ryan always seems to dud at the worst times... like the 1st preseason game, he and Dickson had the same average, but Dicksons 35+ yarder was to pin a team inside their 20. Ryan boots it from our own 35 and the ball ends up 35 yards down the field at the other teams 35 giving great field position. Ugh... if we get to the 35-40, the opposing team should be starting at their 20 or inside. Ryan always seems to dud it up when our offense gets a little breathing room.
It's hard to imagine an outcome other than Dickson being the punter. The other teams are having a tough time just catching his punts. He continues to avg > 50 per kick too. It may still be called a competition, but it looks pretty lopsided right now. And Green looks pretty fantastic. I'm excited about nearly this entire rookie class so far from what I've seen.

Dissly seems to be blocking okay, IMO his flag that called back the Carson TD was pretty ticky tack, but the refs are going to call more stuff in preseason. Agree nice to see Prosise getting some action since this is prob. his last year if he can't stay healthy.
It did seem like kind of a cheap call, but I'm ok with it. Maybe it's for the best in the long run if it catalogs that in his mind and uses it to avoid making that mistake when the final scores count.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I agree and noted (maybe you were typing when I posted about Ifedi) we have an Ifedi problem. He sucks. You usually try to give your 1st rounders as long of a look as possible since you invested so much, but more data points just make a stronger case for him being a bust. Time to move to plan B, unfortunately.

It's hard to imagine an outcome other than Dickson being the punter. The other teams are having a tough time just catching his punts. He continues to avg > 50 per kick too. It may still be called a competition, but it looks pretty lopsided right now. And Green looks pretty fantastic. I'm excited about nearly this entire rookie class so far from what I've seen.

It did seem like kind of a cheap call, but I'm ok with it. Maybe it's for the best in the long run if it catalogs that in his mind and uses it to avoid making that mistake when the final scores count.

Yah, Ifedi just looks... bleh. He has ZERO footwork. He just kind of drops back and plants. I really think we should've just kept him at guard. I'd like to see Fant get some reps if he's healthy.. I didn't pay too much attention to Beavers after the 1st team went out.

Dissly's call was a little cheap but yah... it's whatever. Those calls happen both ways, even the one catch by Brown he had his hand pushing back a little which COULD'VE been called as OPI. No reason to get excited about it in preseason. But he does look decent blocking, he's getting through the mess at the line and meeting linebackers/safeties which is what you want.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like most of the stuff I noticed has already been touched on here.

First team offense should have scored some TDs. Lame block in the back call, Vannett's dropped pass, and the fumble at the goal line were all mistakes that can be corrected. I was more concerned with the inability to move the ball much after Carson's fumble. Would have liked to see more consistency.

Yeah, Ifedi sucked. I would like to see Fant get some reps but there's probably a reason he isn't with the first team right now. Overall the O-line still looked improved.

David Moore and Jaron Brown surprised me with a few big plays and Brandon Marshall was pretty much a non-factor. Thought he would get a target in the redzone.

Defense is going to take its lumps this year. D-line got pushed around and the DBs were getting beat in man quite a bit. Liked what I saw from Griffin at CB but it was really noticeable having Tedric Thompson at FS instead of Earl.