• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason is useless

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me that 18 game season asap.

Remember the days when starters would play a series in the 1st game, 2 series or a quarter in the 2nd game, & close to half in the 3rd game?

Now these starters are usually sitting until the 3rd game of preseason

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it wasn’t for preseason, we wouldn’t get a look at Eagles QB when Wentz goes down.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Remember the days when starters would play a series in the 1st game, 2 series or a quarter in the 2nd game, & close to half in the 3rd game?

Or in the least drop it to 3 games.....I hate preseason football......

Mofo

Infamous Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,979.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a glorified competition to see who makes the 3rd and 4th string squad. If teams are still experimenting with offensive and defensive schemes, let along showcasing them for opponents, while in preseason, they're desperate and not going to win 8 games in the regular season.

Hard Knocks is probably more entertaining viewing than the actual games.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now...as the salaries have increased to the top player, coaches are less inclined to expose starters to risk.

Jets' Gase blames self for Williamson's torn ACL

Whatever the Jets were projected to do this season...the DEF was going to be the catalyst, now down a key player who played 35+ snaps in a preseason game...so in years to come do you think Gase will play a key starter nearly as much?

Bottomline...back in the day, teams had more vet depth. Now, with the money being paid out to the top players, depth on most teams is a player on a rookie contract. Most HC are not going to put their top players in harms way any more than necessary to get ready for the season.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In terms of 18 games....not with a 53 man rosters...eliminate the PS and make all 63 players eligible on game day...then maybe we can start talking about 18 regular season games.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In terms of 18 games....not with a 53 man rosters...eliminate the PS and make all 63 players eligible on game day...then maybe we can start talking about 18 regular season games.

I'm perfectly fine with that

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm generally opposed to 18 games, but mostly agree that 4 PS games is a waste.

I would even be open to 17 games with a 2 preseason schedule.

But this 4 game preseason needs to go ASAP.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear the same every year.
I don't mind preseason. I would like to see it cut down to just 3 games.
If used correctly, it is very beneficial to a team. I think the trick is to ignore the score and just use it to evaluate plays and players.
It's been beneficial for the Colts this year as the last 2 RB and WR spots are completely up for grabs. You can get most of what you need in practice, but a preseason game clears is up a bit more. I usually just skim through the games.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would even be open to 17 games with a 2 preseason schedule.

But this 4 game preseason needs to go ASAP.

Not sure they would ever consider 17 games...18 or stay with 16.

Even though I think 4 preseason games are a waste...they doesn't bother me that much....I've learned over the years that if I am going to watch any of them, you need to know what players to focus on because nearly every year a team finds an eventual starter in a preseason game, UDFA, or a late round pick.

I'd rather see the star players healthy for the regular season, I don't care much about seeing them in preseason....now mostly evaluation games.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If used correctly, it is very beneficial to a team. I think the trick is to ignore the score and just use it to evaluate plays and players.
It's been beneficial for the Colts this year as the last 2 RB and WR spots are completely up for grabs. You can get most of what you need in practice, but a preseason game clears is up a bit more. I usually just skim through the games.

Yep...one home, one away, one neutral site.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. And if you want to get more real games in there, adding one single additional regular season game is more palatable than 2.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure they would ever consider 17 games...18 or stay with 16.

Even though I think 4 preseason games are a waste...they doesn't bother me that much....I've learned over the years that if I am going to watch any of them, you need to know what players to focus on because nearly every year a team finds an eventual starter in a preseason game, UDFA, or a late round pick.

I'd rather see the star players healthy for the regular season, I don't care much about seeing them in preseason....now mostly evaluation games.
I always look at the start of the regular season as when football starts for me, so the preseason is just bonus if I need a fix. 3 preseason games and a week off is the best suggestion I heard.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always look at the start of the regular season as when football starts for me, so the preseason is just bonus if I need a fix. 3 preseason games and a week off is the best suggestion I heard.

Yep...two bye weeks with 3 preseason games is the best I've heard as well.

Dropping one pre and adding one extra regular season is not going to fly...every other season you'd come up short a home game.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...two bye weeks with 3 preseason games is the best I've heard as well.

Dropping one pre and adding one extra regular season is not going to fly...every other season you'd come up short a home game.

I don't think they will either.

However, they would get another home game every other year that they don't currently have.